Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 months ago

Recently I learned that NE Indians are mocked as hakka noodles by other Indians (cz of their resemblance to Chinese)

A Korean guy was touring NE parts of India and guys on street, strangers, mocked hm calling 'Hakka Noodles' even thougn he was on camera

So he said should I call you 'Chicken Biriyani' then?

But I don't think Chicken Biriyani is that offensive. What would offend an Indian? Dal Chawal? Suki Roti?

hasini009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TotalBetty

Recently I learned that NE Indians are mocked as hakka noodles by other Indians (cz of their resemblance to Chinese)

A Korean guy was touring NE parts of India and guys on street, strangers, mocked hm calling 'Hakka Noodles' even thougn he was on camera

So he said should I call you 'Chicken Biriyani' then?

But I don't think Chicken Biriyani is that offensive. What would offend an Indian? Dal Chawal? Suki Roti?

Kauva Biryani?smiley36

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Northern Indians are accused of being dismissive towards S Indians, They address all SIs as Madrasis

It would be like calling any Non SIs as Punjabis or Biharis. While it's not offensive it shows lack of care

Once Kamalhaasan was being interviewed by a NI female person. The IV was generally good, but she kept addressing him as Kamal Garu, she thought she was being funny - even after he explained that garu is Telugu and I am Tamil, she kept saying that

It would be like calling a Bengali, Paaji or vice versa, it's not offensive per se but...

Edited by TotalBetty - 7 months ago
Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: anna143

Yes it’s inappropriate and Ram Charans a sweetheart but i strongly think SRK is drunk or pre drunk at these events

Why is the beghairat drinking anyway? smiley7

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Stone-Cold

Why is the beghairat drinking anyway? smiley7

yeh why do some hindus still eat beef why do some muslims drink .. why do some christians still have sex before marriage yeh debate to please chor do smiley37
anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: maha15

ummm--oksmiley36

Ram Charan has made the entire nation proud as his film, RRR made history and won an Oscar Academy Award., RRR's smash hit song ''Naatu Naatu'' won an Oscar for best original song.

hes still not oscar winning actor way to take credits from the musicians.. he was part of the oscar winning song would be more apt
anna143 thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Even if he is not drunk......he speaks shit when he is hyper/overexcited........its like ...gayi bhains paani mein...smiley18.....I seriously think that he owes RC and Tamil people who got offended a public apology.....he needs to pay for his big mouth......smiley22

yes he does and who doesn’t? we have seen the worst of all celebs and im not supporting srk here he should apologize but really it was not a big deal and his intentions were not wrong and people made it worse than it was. this is exactly why srk doesn’t do press and interviews because kutte billiyaan are waiting to pounce on every single alphabet he says
Edited by anna143 - 7 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: anna143

hes still not oscar winning actor way to take credits from the musicians.. he was part of the oscar winning song would be more apt

Yes let’s clear this one way. Jr NTR and Ram and Rajamoulie are not Oscar winners. If they they to present themselves as such they deserve criticism. The Winner was the music director only him

JustWandering thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: bollymolly

All right guys i guess i am in the minority here...Not going to side with any one..I can understand why many people found it offensive...But here its the personality clash,an extrovert like SRK calling an introvert like RC.Thats the whole issue...SRK is that energetic vivacious personality who make every event colorful and playful..Now when we have such persons involved it comes with a baggage...They can go overboard and say things that are politically incorrect...Do they mean it...? No, it comes with the flow...But thats whats exactly make them the persons they are...Just giving some thoughtless logicless counters without thinking about the aftermath...

Now some one said, can SRK take it if some one call him.vad paav, chole bhature...I truly belive that he will take it without making a big deal...Because he has done so many'' self degrading '' jokes before as well..I can be wrong as well.But looking at his personality i believe he is someone who takes jokes on him as well.But RC is not some one who will retort like that.Hence majority feels like he is getting bullied..

On one side we have Hrithik like personality who never makes such jokes on any one, then we call him boring and less interesting.

On the otherside we have SRK like personality who is not at all boring, then we have these side effects...I mean there is no complete and perfect package. We expect them to be perfect which is so unrealistic...Every personality has got an unpleasant side effect to them including us...

Rant oversmiley36

I thought the same when I read the comment… he would have gone to the stage and given a savage rebuttal to that comment

But yes not everyone is “extrovert” or sharp witted enough to give it back right there to the person…

nonetheless, his “joke” didn’t land well, he should pick up his phone and clear the air with ram charan

Edited by JustWandering - 7 months ago
JustWandering thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Also guys maybe my memory is failing me, but wasn’t this a dialogue from his 90s movie 1-2 ka 4?