Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1123225 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: pathaka

I believe gauri / srk themselves said this white shirt , srk being possessive thing in the simi grewal show they went to, right after a aryans birth

Check @35 mins

https://youtu.be/FCSZ9YK6FzE?si=OLEjDDEZvPMYKURs

Well then, there are pictures which prove them wrong. šŸ˜† It was pre social media days, so maybe they thought they could get away with trying to sound (literally) crazy in love.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Well then, there are pictures which prove them wrong. šŸ˜† It was pre social media days, so maybe they thought they could get away with trying to sound (literally) crazy in love.

Well the pictures arenā€™t really completely transparent or see through white shirts ā€¦maybe he had a problem with those (the ones that are not just transparent at the sleeves) and itā€™s likely he didnā€™t have a problem with middies

Mysoginy need not be consistent ā€¦lol

There are men who donā€™t mind a working wife so they seem progressive, until she starts earning more than them or gets busier

There is layers to mysoginy aswell ā€¦itā€™s still mysoginy nevertheless

Edited by pathaka - 1 years ago
1123225 thumbnail

Originally posted by: pathaka

Well the pictures arenā€™t really completely transparent or see through white shirts ā€¦maybe he had a problem with those (the ones that are not just transparent at the sleeves) and itā€™s likely he didnā€™t have a problem with middies

Mysoginy need not be consistent ā€¦lol

There are men who donā€™t mind a working wife so they seem progressive, until she starts earning more than them or gets busier

There is layers to mysoginy aswell ā€¦itā€™s still mysoginy nevertheless

Not midis. Minis. Gauri has many pics in translucent clothes as well. White clothes, hair left loose. Whatever you want to claim. There's even a hater who posts on IF how SRK is going to hell for *allowing* his wife to do that.

I love how you include the part about objecting if wife earns more though.

A stupid comment, blatantly untrue from their own pictures, extrapolated to paint someone sexist.

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Not midis. Minis. Gauri has many pics in translucent clothes as well. White clothes, hair left loose. Whatever you want to claim. There's even a hater who posts on IF how SRK is going to hell for *allowing* his wife to do that.

I love how you include the part about objecting if wife earns more though.

A stupid comment, blatantly untrue from their own pictures, extrapolated to paint someone sexist.

Errr ā€¦okā€¦first of all, I didnā€™t cancel them out as a coupleā€¦merely said they have had their moments of sounding problematic and scary ..it is also likely he was a jerk back then who matured overtime with age, in which case good for themā€¦

Iā€™d trust someoneā€™s own words over extrapolating said pictures ..she literally said he was disgusting and several points prior to marriage where he stalked her and she was madā€¦there is other lovely comments in there abt Aryan behaving badly with the daughters of srks heroines or him having a free pass from srk to do drugs and be promiscuous (boy that joke didnā€™t age well) ā€¦(I get it , he might be joking ā€¦.but it still sounds hella problematic because srk described such a guy as a ā€œcool guyā€ )

And all I said was mysoginy is not predictable or consistentā€¦certain things might be ok and certain things might not and u canā€™t decidedly extrapolate that ā€œhe was ok with her wearing Minnieā€™s , he wasnā€™t being myoginisticā€ā€¦.just like someone ok with a woman working need not necessarily be ok with her being super busy and successful

There are no definitive rules here to extrapolate

Just fyi

Edited by pathaka - 1 years ago
hasini009 thumbnail

ab Kapoor Khandan ki Pratishta, Parmapara aur Aushasan is on Cutie potatoā€™s shoulders of stone. wo din itna dur nahi, Bahu can repeat (with little changes) sasumaā€™s golden words ā€œMen Should Be Given Freedom of speech , Theyā€™re Flirtatious Misogynistic By Natureā€šŸ˜†

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Millenium Squad

https://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-news/when-shah-rukh-khan-confessed-of-being-possessive-like-a-dog-for-gauri-khan-not-letting-her-wear-white-shirt-because-he-thought-it-was-transparent/

In 1997, during a conversation with Simmi Garewal, on her show, Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Khan discussed their relationship with each other. When the host asked Gauri if SRK was protective or possessive, Gauri replied, ā€œIt was possessiveness, but it turned out to be protectivenessā€. Adding to her reply, Shah Rukh Khan accepted that he was very possessive and said, ā€œI was like a dogā€.

Later during the conversation, SRK added, he was ā€œdownright vulgar and simpā€. Gauri also went on to reveal that he did not wear a white shirt as it was transparent. She jokingly said that she ā€œkicked and left himā€. The Pathaan actor added, ā€œif you were my girlfriend you would not be allowed out of the house open hairā€.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ck7ewLiPI9A/?igshid=NjZiM2M3MzIxNA==

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Thatā€™s because he is. This is definitely toxic behavior, and the fact that she doesnā€™t seem to recognize makes it even more worrying. The bigger issue here is the tone heā€™s apparently using given her mimicry of him.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cv-X9pahIdu/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Ikr?? And there are a certain section of his fans/her fans or whoever, actually defending this!!! Iā€™ve seen on IG etc how they say ā€œoh this is how a husband & wife express love/this is how my parents are tooā€, so why yes, it still hasnā€™t sunk in that itā€™s ALL TOXIC.

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: desigal90

I think it was meant to be a harmless comment. But I think people have a certain perception of the Ranbir-Alia relationship, perhaps due to the age gap, and perhaps due to how Ranbir has been perceived in relationships. So anything she will be viewed with a slightly negative lens. If Deepika or Anushka had said this about their husbands, i dont think it would have been taken in a negative light.

Nope. Totally disagree. Itā€™s toxic any which way & I for one, wouldā€™ve reacted the same way.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

This makes a lot of sense to me. I do think the big age gap and Ranbir's reputation as a womanizer influence opinions. Not without reason. But its a lot more than that. Every few months there is some story, event, or incident where Ranbir is disparaging to Alia. In addition, he often looks bored and completely checked out with her. He barely talks about her very lovingly.

We're all human and I'm sure every person in a relationship has said or done something that is not nice to their significant others. It doesn't become a big deal because it's a one-off. People get fixated on Alia/Ranbir because it's so frequent.

---

I honestly don't think Ranbir is a bad person in any way. I just don't think he's relationship material. I say that as someone who isn't relationship material either. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm an incredible friend, but I am awful as a loving, caring, and supportive romantic partner. Which is why I choose to be single. And for this aspect, I judge him. If I as an ordinary South Asian woman can remain single and navigate the marriage pressure - a privileged ass guy should have the balls to do so.

I agree with the first part of your comments. Iā€™m on the fence about the second part.

I definitely agree that being bad in relationships doesnā€™t mean you are bad person at all as long as you realize that and do something about it. Because otherwise sooner or later that questionable part of you as a partner may become problematic and seep into other aspects of your life and personality. Like how Ranbir being a bad partner is manifesting itself into him becoming a toxic and controlling partner. Lines can get crossed easily this way. So respect to anyone who realizes that and makes decisions accordingly.

When it comes to Ranbir specifically I do question if heā€™s been a good friend given his admission that heā€™s hooked up with his friendā€™s partners. At the bare minimum itā€™s a betrayal of friendship. But there may also be more to it like some underlying psychological need to have that specific partner or hurt that specific friend. Thatā€™s just not something you do unless everyone involved is in an open relationship. And even then, your friendā€™s partner has an ick factor to it.

@Bold: Donā€™t you live in the U.S.? Doesnā€™t that make it easier? Not completely easy, but easier? I know when it comes to idea of marriage, or work or independence, I have freedoms and privileges being in America that I definitely wouldnā€™t have had had I been in my mother land. But I do think that Ranbirā€™s financial and familial privileges should have made it easier for him as well. At the same time familial pressures may have worked against him too. His potential son(s) will be the only ones carrying the Kapoor name of this branch of Kapoor Khandaan. Archaic I know, but it is a reality for many families. I have known women here in America who after 3 or 4 daughters still want that boy to carry the family name.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Ikr?? And there are a certain section of his fans/her fans or whoever, actually defending this!!! Iā€™ve seen on IG etc how they say ā€œoh this is how a husband & wife express love/this is how my parents are tooā€, so why yes, it still hasnā€™t sunk in that itā€™s ALL TOXIC.

His fans are actually very mad at her and I have seen comments like she should just STFU and not talk about him anymore. As if that will help him šŸ™„. Of all the times Ranbir has gotten criticized for his behavior towards Alia this is the only time itā€™s due to something Alia has said. All other times has been his own words or actions. His fans should put a muzzle on their idol.