Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Raijeera

Ranbir is ruined more due to the left right centre statementa given by women of his life. Be it his exes or wife or mother or sister and his late father.

His fan will respond to this by saying that oh, they are all wrong only he is right.

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Millenium Squad

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Ranbir did legit come across as a condescending ass in the Jagga Jasoos promotions. He deserved the “excuse me, I am talking” by Katrina. I would like to think he himself also plays a role. But that is just me.

For us as audience we can have our own opinion. Good bad worse. But when a star gets talked about in condensing Männers again and again by people close to him .. in my opinion they take Ranbir as "easy" who wouldn't retaliate to people close to him unlike people who (he thinks) are beneath him.

I think most of the stars are misogynist when it's about ladies around them.

Shahrukh wouldn't let gauri wear white shirts or let her have her hair open, Salman recently said he doesn't allow women in his movies wear short cloths, Sanjay has said he wouldn't allow his daughter or niece in movies etc etc.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: desigal90

I think it was meant to be a harmless comment. But I think people have a certain perception of the Ranbir-Alia relationship, perhaps due to the age gap, and perhaps due to how Ranbir has been perceived in relationships. So anything she will be viewed with a slightly negative lens. If Deepika or Anushka had said this about their husbands, i dont think it would have been taken in a negative light.

That’s very true. But reason being that other husbands in Bollywood don’t have a reputation for being toxic. This lipstick thing isn’t a one off thing by Ranbir and Alia. Just a couple of months ago Alia and Ranbir themselves talked about how Alia is too loud for him and he doesn’t like it when her voice goes above a certain decibel. Before that he called her fat while she was pregnant. And there’s lehnga thing, and trip to Delhi etc etc.

Take fame and celebrity out of it. Imagine hearing stories about a random couple that includes the husband telling his pregnant wife she’s getting fat, telling her she’s too loud and to lower her voice, and when getting ready for a date telling her to wipe off her lipstick. What would any of our opinions be about this man?

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

For us as audience we can have our own opinion. Good bad worse. But when a star gets talked about in condensing Männers again and again by people close to him .. in my opinion they take Ranbir as "easy" who wouldn't retaliate to people close to him unlike people who (he thinks) are beneath him.

Shahrukh wouldn't let gauri wear white shirts or let her have her hair open, Salman recently said he doesn't allow women in his movies wear short cloths, Sanjay has said he wouldn't allow his daughter or niece in movies etc etc.

What are you saying ? There are umpteenth number of Gauri videos her wearing White or with her hair open ! 😳

982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

That’s very true. But reason being that other husbands in Bollywood don’t have a reputation for being toxic. This lipstick thing isn’t a one off thing by Ranbir and Alia. Just a couple of months ago Alia and Ranbir themselves talked about how Alia is too loud for him and he doesn’t like it when her voice goes above a certain decibel. Before that he called her fat while she was pregnant. And there’s lehnga thing, and trip to Delhi etc etc.

Take fame and celebrity out of it. Imagine hearing stories about a random couple that includes the husband telling his pregnant wife she’s getting fat, telling her she’s too loud and to lower her voice, and when getting ready for a date telling her to wipe off her lipstick. What would any of our opinions be about this man?

That would be an example of him wanting to change herself for him. It reminds me of another toxic relationship I heard about. Aloo must really be blindly in love.

1123225 thumbnail

This is patently false. Back in the day, SRK used to be mocked in film magazines because Gauri wore minis. He retorted by saying they're young. What did the old fossils (my phrase, I think he said something much ruder) expect? There are also pics of Gauri with white clothes or hair down.

Gauri-Shahrukh-Early-Love-Days.jpg

2cto94r8_gauri-khan-thrwback-_625x300_21_September_20.jpg

main-qimg-64798f2c5cc4f548c8bd8a500f27d8da-lq.jpeg

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

This makes a lot of sense to me. I do think the big age gap and Ranbir's reputation as a womanizer influence opinions. Not without reason. But its a lot more than that. Every few months there is some story, event, or incident where Ranbir is disparaging to Alia. In addition, he often looks bored and completely checked out with her. He barely talks about her very lovingly.

We're all human and I'm sure every person in a relationship has said or done something that is not nice to their significant others. It doesn't become a big deal because it's a one-off. People get fixated on Alia/Ranbir because it's so frequent.

---

I honestly don't think Ranbir is a bad person in any way. I just don't think he's relationship material. I say that as someone who isn't relationship material either. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm an incredible friend, but I am awful as a loving, caring, and supportive romantic partner. Which is why I choose to be single. And for this aspect, I judge him. If I as an ordinary South Asian woman can remain single and navigate the marriage pressure - a privileged ass guy should have the balls to do so.

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Definitely Ranbir is toxic and and entitled brat.

He was so rude to Ayaan during brahmastra promotion that he was trying to take of his T-shirt! What's the need to embarrass your best friend? Next he was extremely rude and misbehaved with Katrina during Jagga Jasoos promotion.

He is condescending, controlling and threatening towers good wife Alia.

It's a pattern which is undesirable and alarming.. This guy has issues that need to be dealt with.

791198 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Oh. This isn't just n India thing???😂

It’s an everywhere thing. There are crazies in every corner of the world.

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

This is patently false. Back in the day, SRK used to be mocked in film magazines because Gauri wore minis. He retorted by saying they're young. What did the old fossils (my phrase, I think he said something much ruder) expect? There are also pics of Gauri with white clothes or hair down.

I believe gauri / srk themselves said this white shirt , srk being possessive thing in the simi grewal show they went to, right after a aryans birth

Check @35 mins

https://youtu.be/FCSZ9YK6FzE?si=OLEjDDEZvPMYKURs