BB10 ~ A game of heart and mind

lostNfound thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
BB10 - the season that started off by pitting the celebs against commoners is now finally in its last lap. In a matter of few minutes, with the voting line closing, the fate of the four finalists gets sealed for good. Without a doubt the season was one of the most turbulent ones, thanks to some really 'atrangi' contestants. Nevertheless I would not discredit this season by calling it less entertaining/boring in comparison to some of the previous seasons.
While each of us have debated several times over who deserves/does not deserve to be in the finale it also needs to be acknowledged that each of the four finalists are where they are because the viewers/creatives saw potential in them. Each had a personality, each reacted to situations the best they could and each entertained their fans in their respective ways.

I would want to begin with my favourite for this season, Bani J. The super popular VJ and fitness icon was stereotyped and expected to behave/react a certain way (credit: roadies4) but Bani J the person was a complete opposite. She wore her emotions on the sleeve and as BB said prior to her journey video, she did not shy away from showing her emotions and that is exactly why she made a place for herself in the audience's heart. Bani undoubtedly played this game with her heart and succeeded in making an emotional connect with a lot of viewers. From where I see it, she was the most scrutinized for each and every thing she did. Be it her tattoos, her physique, her accent, her body language, her food, her emotions, her friendships, her anger, her solitude, her decisions, her reactions.

Next up, Bani J's nemesis - Lopamudra Raut. My dislike for Lopa was from very early in the season. Much before I started supporting Bani. Lopamudra undoubtedly played this game with her mind. She did not shy away from breaking her limits to win. Lopa was in the game to win and she did all it took to get to where she is. My problem with Lopa has always been her vanity because of which I find it extremely hard to like her. I could never connect to her. There were times when I felt bad for Lopa when she got a hard time from some of the housemates. Somewhere I believe that a lack of constructive criticism early in the game made her take wrong turns which ended up denting her image.

Manu started off as the leader of the commoner group. Showed the brains to strategize against the celeb gang, worked his a** off to keep the commoners together, tried recruiting celebs to his side, provided the much needed support to his friends when needed but ended up becoming the big bad schemer. Scheming, planning, plotting all are a part of playing the game like a pro and some who love watching reality TV enjoy seeing contestants do that. Manu was also BB's favourite but his absence from the house due to a personal tragedy changed his game for the worse. To BB Manu became dispensable.

Manveer began the season being Manu's sidekick. He was always second to him until Manu left the house in between. That is when BB saw the commoners (Niti, Om, Priyanka) coming together under Manveer's leadership. Manu's absence benefitted Manveer's game the most in that BB saw in him the commoner who could be the next golden boy. Since then, every guest who came showered praises on Manveer. His romance with Nitibha, or reunion with his dad were instances which BB used to build a simple village boy image of Manveer. The image of a humble guy who does not know fancy foods, talks like an average person and fights like an aam aadmi were narratives BB used to make audience feel connected to Manveer at an emotional level.

In conclusion, I want to say that the game to me at this point boils down to being a one thats between two people who played it with their heart against two who played with their mind. Bani and Manveer being the ones who are perceived as having played it with their heart while Manu and Lopa are the mind gamers. And knowing which way the Indian audience or people in general tend to vote/support by all means Bani and Manveer will be the finalists this season.

Edited by lostNfound - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jemimah90 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Chotu I love this post huggies to u for making this 🤗 .. though I lobe I wish I pray that bani has to be the winner but I know by hook or crook they will make Manveer the winner 😳 .. I have no personal grudges against manveer but according to me bani has faced a lot , took pee over her from Om and heard worst things from housemates got cornered by all for useless things . She deserve to be the winner. One more thing for manveer they showed all positive things , it was not his original journey at all .. somewhat I can't neither digest manverr and lopa's journey video 🥱
lostNfound thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: yawfeh

Chotu I love this post huggies to u for making this 🤗 .. though I lobe I wish I pray that bani has to be the winner but I know by hook or crook they will make Manveer the winner 😳 .. I have no personal grudges against manveer but according to me bani has faced a lot , took pee over her from Om and heard worst things from housemates got cornered by all for useless things . She deserve to be the winner. One more thing for manveer they showed all positive things , it was not his original journey at all .. somewhat I can't neither digest manverr and lopa's journey video 🥱

It's BB's laadla VS audience's laadli 😉
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well said LnF and agree, it boils down to Bani and Manveer for me.But just on the basis of the support and fan following that Bani has and the enormity of the adverse situations that Bani faced and like the proverbial phoenix rose from the ashes to soar higher, I feel Bani is and should be way ahead of Manveer and hence a very clear winner for me.
Bani has had the toughest journey and dekha jaaye toh Manveer has had the easiest journey. He has not been tested much. Also yes he did tasks well, but so did Bani (though it's another thing altogether that it has been totally distorted), but he has not been outstanding and even in terms of difficulties, time and quantity of tasks done, I am sure Bani would come on top.

Also BB keeps highlighting on Bani not being friends with HMs except Gaurav. But again this is false. Initially she was friends with Gaurav, Karan and also Rahul. She was on good terms with others too. And other than Lopa and now Rohan and Rahul to a lesser extent she has been on good terms with all and friendly too. Its just that she prefers her own space and needs her 'me' time. On the other hand Manveer had an unhealthy dislike of the celebs and other than Mona and Bani and maybe to some extent Lopa, I have not seen him being friendly to celebs. In fact he has been hostile to them.

Anyways BANI FTW😳
panacea thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostNfound

BB10 - the season that started off by pitting the celebs against commoners is now finally in its last lap. In a matter of few minutes, with the voting line closing, the fate of the four finalists gets sealed for good. Without a doubt the season was one of the most turbulent ones, thanks to some really 'atrangi' contestants. Nevertheless I would not discredit this season by calling it less entertaining/boring in comparison to some of the previous seasons.

While each of us have debated several times over who deserves/does not deserve to be in the finale it also needs to be acknowledged that each of the four finalists are where they are because the viewers/creatives saw potential in them. Each had a personality, each reacted to situations the best they could and each entertained their fans in their respective ways.

I would want to begin with my favourite for this season, Bani J. The super popular VJ and fitness icon was stereotyped and expected to behave/react a certain way (credit: roadies4) but Bani J the person was a complete opposite. She wore her emotions on the sleeve and as BB said prior to her journey video, she did not shy away from showing her emotions and that is exactly why she made a place for herself in the audience's heart. Bani undoubtedly played this game with her heart and succeeded in making an emotional connect with a lot of viewers. From where I see it, she was the most scrutinized for each and every thing she did. Be it her tattoos, her physique, her accent, her body language, her food, her emotions, her friendships, her anger, her solitude, her decisions, her reactions.

Next up, Bani J's nemesis - Lopamudra Raut. My dislike for Lopa was from very early in the season. Much before I started supporting Bani. Lopamudra undoubtedly played this game with her mind. She did not shy away from breaking her limits to win. Lopa was in the game to win and she did all it took to get to where she is. My problem with Lopa has always been her vanity because of which I find it extremely hard to like her. I could never connect to her. There were times when I felt bad for Lopa when she got a hard time from some of the housemates. Somewhere I believe that a lack of constructive criticism early in the game made her take wrong turns which ended up denting her image.

Manu started off as the leader of the commoner group. Showed the brains to strategize against the celeb gang, worked his a** off to keep the commoners together, tried recruiting celebs to his side, provided the much needed support to his friends when needed but ended up becoming the big bad schemer. Scheming, planning, plotting all are a part of playing the game like a pro and some who love watching reality TV enjoy seeing contestants do that. Manu was also BB's favourite but his absence from the house due to a personal tragedy changed his game for the worse. To BB Manu became dispensable.

Manveer began the season being Manu's sidekick. He was always second to him until Manu left the house in between. That is when BB saw the commoners (Niti, Om, Priyanka) coming together under Manveer's leadership. Manu's absence benefitted Manveer's game the most in that BB saw in him the commoner who could be the next golden boy. Since then, every guest who came showered praises on Manveer. His romance with Nitibha, or reunion with his dad were instances which BB used to build a simple village boy image of Manveer. The image of a humble guy who does not know fancy foods, talks like an average person and fights like an aam aadmi were narratives BB used to make audience feel connected to Manveer at an emotional level.

In conclusion, I want to say that the game to me at this point boils down to being a one thats between two people who played it with their heart against two who played with their mind. Bani and Manveer being the ones who are perceived as having played it with their heart while Manu and Lopa are the mind gamers. And knowing which way the Indian audience or people in general tend to vote/support by all means Bani and Manveer will be the finalists this season.

I am not a soothsayer. Always the unexpected has happened and my gut feeling is this time too that will be the case. When everyone seems to be predictable the unpredictable happens.
Nobody thought Trump will win, nobody thought Modi will be the BJP nominee and will win, when crude was atUS$120 nobody thought it will come to US$30,when it was at US$30 nobody thought it will bounce back to US$50,no body thought Brexit will be peaceful, no body thought India will overtake China in economic growth and today nobody thinks anyone other than Bani can be the winner.
BebaakBegum thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
^^LOOL. Everybody has been saying it for the last 4-5 weeks now that manveer will win coz of the biased behaviour.
Maharani69 thumbnail
Engager 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: StinsonIsHere

^^LOOL. Everybody has been saying it for the last 4-5 weeks now that manveer will win coz of the biased behaviour.

I came here to read LnF's thread but ended up reading a Wikipedia page instead. 😭
BebaakBegum thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: BB10

I came here to read LnF's thread but ended up reading a Wikipedia page instead.😭

I swear! 😆 Jimmy Wales must be crying buckets right now.
kirti31096 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I didnt knw who banij was before bb...i dont care who wins but bb gve me banij..and i will allways be so thankful to bb for that...bani for me is someone who thinks by her heart...she isnt among those chalu chalak ppl who will calculate situation and react accordingly to it...and same in bb..i watch coz i want to see the reality of someone...and that's what bani showed me...she taught me it's ok not to be perfect...when she decides, she will do that...her dedication towards her health is again commendable...for someone to have such control and be so dedicated to something is just good...bani for me gave her best in tasks too..she did tasks till she felt it was going good..she nvr wanted to go on extreme levels to win any tasks...ppl criticized her for abusing and saying f**k ..i as a colg student say that word so many time...in todays time thats just like d most common thing...i can atleast say that for mumbai...also bani was allways allways criticized for even saying a simple sentence...every word she said was analysed ...it was like there is some detective case going on her...everything done/said by her was analysed...prob that's what made me more close to her...made me actually want to understand this girll...bani s only prob for me is she expects too much...she is that type of friend who will give everything of her ..if she sees u are willing to do the same...(her frndship with gauhar and Gaurav is enough for me too knw that)...for me banis journey in bb was the best...i as a admirer did my best i could to make bani win...ab its on colors ki how fair they are...bb always portrayed certain two as mahan...but among those two also i feel manv was one who was made hero weeks after weeks...that i think worked in his favor and see there are some ppl loving him...so for me it colors is fair it will be bani vs mnv ofcourse coz of votes (if they are again biased it will be between lopa vs mnv)...other two i reallt dont care about them...i also dont care about manv too but i cant deny he atleast has chance to be in top too...many say that manv hs won...if its true thn good congo is all i can say to him...
Edited by kirti31096 - 7 years ago