Manveer is not the bade dilwale BiggBoss wants us to believe. LOPA FTW

Meijer thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Manveer is not the bade dilwale that BiggBoss wants us to believe. He's the most shatir Khiladi in the house after Manu. The only difference is Manu is very vocal and likes to show he is clever but Manveer doesn't mind pretending mand-buddhi. Early on in the game Manveer realized that people perceive him to be playing mindlessly and has been using this perception as his biggest weapon. His second weapon being loyalty to Manu. I have to give it to him, he DID act loyal to Manu but it was his strategy more than loyalty, just to win viewers' heart and to reinforce the notion that he doesn't play mind games. He was loyal to Manu- yes but only when he had to choose Manu over other housemates. Manveer's first loyalty has always been to himself and never once considered Manu during captaincy or immunity tasks. And Manu has every right to feel Manveer was being selfish there.

I have a feeling Manu with Manveer's knowledge and consent made up the story about visiting Manveer's house to convince audience that even commoners have huge a fan following and therefore should be given equal chance to win the show. I think when they entered the BB house, not a single commoner thought they stood chance in front of celebrities. Like Manu cleverly said before Rohan's eviction that commoners were brought into the show only to "fill in the bus". By saying they had become celebrities outside with huge fans, Manu was playing the audience and Manveer was a willing partner. This is the reason why Manveer did not confront Manu even after his father told him to beware of Manu.

I think BiggBoss initially wanted to prop up Manu as the top contender from commoners but his one week absence changed a lot of things. Manveer started showing his potential for viewer likability. BiggBoss would still have chosen Manu over Manveer but Manu ruined his game after his re-entry. He started being bitchy about Manveer also, which made him look like an overtly jealous friend. Plus, Bani's fondness of Manveer could have made Manu more insecure in his second inning. Manveer was the major factor that drew Manu close to Bani. After the mall task Manu openly sided with Bani throwing Lopa under the bus. These two guys leave no stone unturned to get into Bani's good books at Lopa's expense because they well know how much Bani hates Lopa.

But at this point, Manveer more than Manu is getting into my nerves. He shows unnecessary irritation at the slightest thing if it's coming from or has to do with Lopa. After all that Lopa has done for him, he repays like this. Such an ungrateful man.

Manu and Manveer are sucking upto Bani in the hope of getting work in Bollywood after the show. The way celebrities come to the house every week and praise Bani despite her misconduct and non-performance, they have started believing that Bani has good connections in Bollywood. This is where the problem lies. Bani is using her influence outside the house to help her win inside the house (more of BiggBoss's fault than Bani's). I personally think Bani is talented and may be wonderful outside the house. She did great in Farhan Akhtar's show and I really liked her performance there. But half of the celebrities who comment on BiggBoss and come to BB were already fond of her from that show. They will naturally be biased towards her. It is not fair for other BB contestants to have to listen from these people. To some extent it is okay to have them on the show but they SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED to interact with housemates. The way Diandra and Hina Khan's opinions were shown only to the audience and not to housemates, that's the way to keep the show real.

Finally Lopa has been the most unfairly criticized contestant this season. Remember how during the initial days it was Manu, Manveer, Navin and Lopa against Bani? In fact, Manu and Manveer's commentary against Bani was what got them into audience's good books. But now, only Lopa's left with the anti-Bani tag while these guys especially Manveer have redeemed themselves both in Bani's and audience's eyes. But I am happy Lopa has come this far and has shown what a strong personality she has.

For me the top four are Lopa- Manu- Manveer- Bani
Edited by Meijer - 7 years ago