Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Cruiser- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: kaps22

Agreed. the channel was content to use Manu-Manveer bond to evict the people it wanted to evict such as Rohan. And then, the channel went for the kill and started portraying Manveer masculine and Manu alpha. Did you notice, Cruiser, how Bigg Boss was congratulating Manveer repeatedly for succeeding in the food task (italian, chinese, sweet dish) when Manveer had nothing to do with the success of food quality? Did you notice when Salman Khan suddenly started portraying Manu as gossip aunt, Manveer's wife, etc?

I am sure that all the housemates realized when suddenly the winds of Bigg Boss started favoring Manveer and opposing Manu. The channel might have deliberately avoided the Manu-Manveer showdown because it did not want to risk Manveer losing the task.

Knowing that the channel is trying to brand Manu feminine and gossip, Manu got the really golden opportunity in Bungee Rope task. If he had succeeded to outlast Manveer, or to take more pain than Manveer for his team in that task, it would have made channel's job all that difficult. Those visuals would have been powerful. But Manu failed that task very easily and then shed tears while Manveer was suffering, thereby making the channel's task all the more easier. This was a fatal mistake and the last nail in the coffin of Manu's hopes.

I see all the polls and Manu is nowhere in any of the polls. He looks like he is close to 0 in all the polls. I ask why. Even assuming most audience is sheep, I still cannot understand why so few people see through the facade. Do you know? Only the following 2 reasons come to my mind, but if you can think of others, I'd appreciate it:
1) Manu's body language. Just imagine Gaurav's body language and voice make people think of him like royalty when Manu is 10x smarter and capable. Manveer's body language is a little bit more masculine than Manu's.

2) Social Proof: When Salman, Dibang, BB voice started painting Manveer positive and Manu negative, maybe the channel simultaneously created false polls initially with Manu close to zero and then had a ripple effect where people started believing Manu is 0.

I think something was done in the last 3-4 weeks. I have two unanswered questions that bother me. Do you know the answers?

1) Why is the channel against Manu becoming winner? Assuming that it wants a commoner to be in top 2, it might be because the channel does not want to create the story of street smart, thoughtful, strategic person as winner. Maybe it wants to show an emotional person as winner (father-son reunion in final). That goes with the indian culture of putting emotions over intellect, obvious in all the movies. Also, people Manu does seem like a person who would be too smart for the channel to control in future.

2) Which trick has the channel used to convince the 99% of population that Manu is undeserving. Something probably happened in last 3-4 weeks, but I may be wrong. Why does 99% of population voting in polls not think of Manu as deserving - what trick did the channel use to create that illusion?

you present your points so logically and your line of reasoning is so meticulous that one can only applaud Kaps...👏
To my mind Manu comes from Jaipur which is a pretty modern, urban city. Manveer comes from NOIDA, a satellite city of Delhi that happens to be very well planned infrastructurally and a pretty modern one at that. Having visited both the places, I would put NOIDA as more suave and urban. So logically, for channel, it shouldn't have mattered whether Manu finished ahead of Manveer or vice versa. Right?

Wrong!

Because when you compare the two Manveer's face has rural word stamped all across. Manu comes out as an urban hopeful.

Time and again the English phrases and sentences that slip out of Manveer reveal he isn't a 7th class dropout as someone mentioned here...and deliberately presents a dehaati Sultan persona as Hippo says.

From channel's point of view it's a Hip Celebs vs Simple Commoners theme and a final clash between Yo Bro Bani and Dehaati Sultan Manveer goes in best with the script.

I am told voting for Finale is fair and so all they can do.is influence by smart edits. Onslaught on Lopa and Manu seems to suggest that's the opted line.

Finale show...Manveer bends knees and collapses at feet of his father...whether as winner or as Runner-up...audience wipes tears with a lump in throat. How can Manu match that?😆
kaps22 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Cruiser-

you present your points so logically and your line of reasoning is so meticulous that one can only applaud Kaps...👏

To my mind Manu comes from Jaipur which is a pretty modern, urban city. Manveer comes from NOIDA, a satellite city of Delhi that happens to be very well planned infrastructurally and a pretty modern one at that. Having visited both the places, I would put NOIDA as more suave and urban. So logically, for channel, it shouldn't have mattered whether Manu finished ahead of Manveer or vice versa. Right?

Wrong!

Because when you compare the two Manveer's face has rural word stamped all across. Manu comes out as an urban hopeful.

Time and again the English phrases and sentences that slip out of Manveer reveal he isn't a 7th class dropout as someone mentioned here...and deliberately presents a dehaati Sultan persona as Hippo says.

From channel's point of view it's a Hip Celebs vs Simple Commoners theme and a final clash between Yo Bro Bani and Dehaati Sultan Manveer goes in best with the script.

I am told voting for Finale is fair and so all they can do.is influence by smart edits. Onslaught on Lopa and Manu seems to suggest that's the opted line.

Finale show...Manveer bends knees and collapses at feet of his father...whether as winner or as Runner-up...audience wipes tears with a lump in throat. How can Manu match that?😆

Got it! Considering the channel CEO has said in an interview that he wants an all commoners BB next season, it all begins to make sense.

So, the channel wants to attract as many viewers as possible to earn as much revenue through advertising. Most of the scope for attracting viewers is in rural areas since most India lives in rural areas and urban viewers have alternative means of entertainment or alternative means of watching BB without advertisements. Therefore the rural areas are where the growth opportunities are.

The best way to attract rural viewers is to showcase a rural person in top 2. If he wins, good. If he loses, rural viewers think "oh, we came so close to challenging the elite". Thus, a rural contestant makes for good viewing for rural viewers who believe "if he can challenge the elite of society and succeed, then I have hope". Moreover, rural parents are attracted to the story of Manveer's redemption with his father.

So basically a Manveer win gives hope to aspirational young rural viewers. Furthermore, rural parents would want their young children to watch of how a young rural man succeeded in the world to seek forgiveness from his parent.

With all the above, it is now clear to me that Manu never stood a chance to be in Final 2. I am sure it must have been quite disheartening to him whenever he realized all the above. His adversary is the channel people and if they can make Rohan dress and behave as a horse, I would not put it out of channel's capacity to make Manu dress and behave as Manveer's dog or aunt - should such a need arise.

Now it is clear that when the show entered last 3-4 weeks, Manu's best bet was to get out of the show with the least possible humiliation. Maybe he realized the real plot of the channel when Salman first made the remark on his gossips and he felt the earth gave out under his feet and that that is why he lost his composure with his best friend Mona. That also seems to be about the time when he started being extra nice to Bani, maybe because he realized that is his best bet to play the remaining days in the house with least possible humiliation from the channel.

Edited by kaps22 - 7 years ago
-Cruiser- thumbnail

Originally posted by: KollyBollyTv

Bang on post cruiser 👏

What wud this season be like without manu ?

Unimaginable ...Isn't it ?

So true...agree! Manu has been the star of BB-10! 😊
kaps22 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

With all the above, it is now clear to me that Manu never stood a chance to be in Final 2. I am sure it must have been quite disheartening to him whenever he realized all the above. His adversary is the channel people and if they can make Rohan dress and behave as a horse, I would not put it out of channel's capacity to make Manu dress and behave as Manveer's dog or aunt - should such a need arise.

Along the lines I expected, the channel today made Manu behave as Manveer's monkey. 😒

And they say the show is not scripted, it is just edited.

-Cruiser- thumbnail

Along the lines I expected, the channel today made Manu behave as Manveer's monkey. 😒

And they say the show is not scripted, it is just edited.

Even as I watched it...I recalled your prophetic guess and smiled...😊
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
so in love with post. Manu was a perfect player! He played the game from day 1. The second he got Mona on his team I was like shit this man is going to be the mastermind in this game.
Edited by Perfangel5655 - 7 years ago
-Cruiser- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Perfangel5655

so in love with post. Manu was a perfect player! He played the game from day 1. The second he got Mona on his team I was like shit this man is going to be the mastermind in this game.

so true...amazes me why he didn't win more fans on forum...😊
KollyBollyTv thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Cruiser-

so true...amazes me why he didn't win more fans on forum...😊

Million dollar question my friend

The day people like Manu ceases to come in Bigg Boss , even a dog would not care to watch d show

Fanatics should mind it 😊

fast trak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think his fans have increased now but it's too late

It can never be Manu Manveer in finals and even if it does Manveer will end up winning So Manu's chanceof winning is impossible
Edited by fast trak - 7 years ago
-Cruiser- thumbnail

Originally posted by: fast trak

I think his fans have increased now but it's too late

It can never be Manu Manveer in finals and even if it does Manveer will end up winning So Manu's chance of winning is impossible

so true. For a good measure...in journeys recap, yet again they are hammering in Manveer-Dad reunion...😆