astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
At the start of the show, I didn't know either Lopa or Rohan, although they were celebs. And from being neutral I actually tended to dislike both of them (before they were shown to be good friends) because Rohan used to shout a lot while fighting with others(mainly Manu, Manveer and Priyanka) and he also argued and I didn't like the way he talked. I thought it was very immature and annoying. During his captaincy, I thought he couldn't handle situations and people well and depended a lot on BB's spoonfeeding and deserved the punishment BB gave to him. But then, he grew silent. He stopped arguing with people and went into a shell. I didn't miss watching him fight much and maybe even wondered that he is being useless on the show. But, that is also when the other things that he did, got highlighted. Like supporting people whom he thought were right. BB and Salman targetting him unfairly. Rohan and Lopa's friendship which is the truest of all others on the show according to me. Rohan's behaviour with almost every other contestant has been nice and this hasn't gone unnoticed. I started liking him for all these things and most of them for being fair and non-partial.

Talking about Lopa, I liked her initially and then didn't because I thought she got rude with people easily and maybe even acted a bit elitist. I didn't like her fighting with people so much. I didn't like her snatching the ring from Manveer when he was sleeping and thought she was sly as a fox. But, I have noticed some good about her too. The way she consoled Bani on multiple occasions despite their enmity. The way she was so sweet with Priyanka's kids after what all happened. The way she did Om's hair despite their fights. Her sitting outside the washroom when Rohan was inside. I have hardly seen her bitching about anyone other than Bani and 90% of the time with just Rohan. She has obviously done very well in the tasks. I also appreciate that even with Bani she hardly starts the fight. She does give it back double though. I have come to like her feisty, decent and nice personality. Yes, I do think she could have done without talking about how she leaves money for her father in a drawer, but everybody makes mistakes.

Just like these two, I changed my opinion about many other contestants over the period, I did see some positives in Bani too for that matter. With her though, I just saw a great many negatives and I can never support a person like that. With Manu, from being an ardent fan initially, I am somewhat neutral now. Almost same with Manveer, though I still like him a bit more than the others.

I think Bigg Boss is not only about the tasks, it is about the whole journey that these people go through and it should matter how much a person has evolved on the show or atleast how many ups and downs a person has had.

I would love to hear if somebody else has had a change of heart regarding any contestants(remaining or otherwise). Thanks for reading.
Edited by astha36 - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Priya9. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I started watching the show midway and didn't know anything about Lopa or Rohan, but over a period of time,started liking Lopa and Rohan because of their well balanced take on most issues in the house.
CatchingFire4 thumbnail

Originally posted by: astha36

At the start of the show, I didn't know either Lopa or Rohan, although they were celebs. And from being neutral I actually tended to dislike both of them (before they were shown to be good friends) because Rohan used to shout a lot while fighting with others(mainly Manu, Manveer and Priyanka) and he also argued and I didn't like the way he talked. I thought it was very immature and annoying. During his captaincy, I thought he couldn't handle situations and people well and depended a lot on BB's spoonfeeding and deserved the punishment BB gave to him. But then, he grew silent. He stopped arguing with people and went into a shell. I didn't miss watching him fight much and maybe even wondered that he is being useless on the show. But, that is also when the other things that he did, got highlighted. Like supporting people whom he thought were right. BB and Salman targetting him unfairly. Rohan and Lopa's friendship which is the truest of all others on the show according to me. Rohan's behaviour with almost every other contestant has been nice and this hasn't gone unnoticed. I started liking him for all these things and most of them for being fair and non-partial.

Talking about Lopa, I liked her initially and then didn't because I thought she got rude with people easily and maybe even acted a bit elitist. I didn't like her fighting with people so much. I didn't like her snatching the ring from Manveer when he was sleeping and thought she was sly as a fox. But, I have noticed some good about her too. The way she consoled Bani on multiple occasions despite their enmity. The way she was so sweet with Priyanka's kids after what all happened. The way she did Om's hair despite their fights. Her sitting outside the washroom when Rohan was inside. I have hardly seen her bitching about anyone other than Bani and 90% of the time with just Rohan. She has obviously done very well in the tasks. I also appreciate that even with Bani she hardly starts the fight. She does give it back double though. I have come to like her feisty, decent and nice personality. Yes, I do think she could have done without talking about how she leaves money for her father in a drawer, but everybody makes mistakes.

Just like these two, I changed my opinions about many other contestants over the period, I did see some positives in Bani too for that matter. With her though, I just saw a great many negatives and I can never support a person like that. With Manu, from being an ardent fan initially, I am somewhat neutral now. Almost same with Manveer, though I still like him a bit more than the others.

I think Bigg Boss is not only about the tasks, it is about the whole journey that these people go through and it should matter how much a person has evolved on the show or atleast how many ups and downs a person has had.

I would love to hear if somebody else has had a change of heart regarding any contestants(remaining or otherwise). Thanks for reading.

My opinion or Rohan and Bani hasn't changed as I still like them. If anything, Bani has become better without Gaurav and Rohan better without Karan, Rahul and Gaurav.

I initially liked Manu as he seemed like he was there to play the game and was open about it. He represented the commoners well as was balanced. However, after going out and potentially seeing Manveer's popularity he changed a lot. He has a big chip on his shoulder and it comes across a lot.

I also didn't like Manveer a lot to begin with. He was rude, aggressive, foul-mouthed and pretty men's to all the women. However, over the weeks he's shown a lot of compassion for everyone else. He still has a sharp tongue on him which I don't like but he has a sincerity about him that Manu doesn't and despite his flaws, he comes off really well because he always get compared to Manu.

I liked Lopa initially as I saw a young woman who has worked hard in her field and someone who represented the strength of the average young female today. She used to stick up for herself and demand a basic level of respect from people. Problem is all the praise on WKW has gone to her head. She now picks fights, can't accept her faults, argues and wants to always put her points across even when not needed. She still talks a lot of sense but she has lost her way a lot. Also, she is far more affected now by Bani than vice versa.