PiyaKaira thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I've been re-watching BB10 episodes and suddenly I was paying attention to one person. Oddly enough it was Mona Lisa.
Mona Lisa was neither my favorite contestant in this house, nor was she some one I hated. She was simply just there. But re-watching episodes, what I truly feel is that she was perhaps one of the most realest contests on the show. A simple, kindhearted and sometimes overly emotional girl who was always herself (or maybe that was just me). But the best quality in Mona is her loyalty. Be it to Vikrant or M2, Mona was always, always loyal. Yet this loyalty cost her dearly. Or should I say her friendship with Manu and Manveer cost her dearly.

I ask the girls in this forum, do you have any friends who are boys? And I ask the boys in the forum, do you have any friends who are girls? And I ask both of you all, have you ever hugged these friends? Have you ever danced with these friends? Cause I sure have. And not once has any one had a problem with it and I hope and I think that goes for any of you as well.

But with Mona it didn't go. Housemates themselves were so amazing regressive about this. Let's forget about Omji and even Priyanka for a second, cause they reached a new level. But what about Karan? Gaurav? These so called celebrities who I honestly respected so much, disappointed me so much. We can easily say that Omji and Priyanka came from un-educated families and are mentally ill and that they are regressive. But how about these celebrities who claim to be so progressive and educated?

Vikrant and Piku, my god. Both of them irritated me to the core. Mona bohot despo lag rahi hai! Seriously Piku? And your boyfriend/fianc (I forget). How about him? Was he not also hugging her, being close to her? And Vikrant, who came into the house and went to Mona Lisa, you didn't defend me in front of Manu when he called me bad. Mr. Hypocrite, where were you when in front of you Piku said that about Mona. Honestly, if I was Mona, never in a million years would I have married Vikrant. But she loves him, so who am I to judge.

Let's talk about yesterday's episode. Karan fricking Johar, who thinks he is ever so amazing and dignified, I congratulate you. To come on the show and defame a girl's character WOW,what a dignified person. Her marriage will break? And who are you to decide that? Do you know her? Or him?. So on what basis are you judging them and their marriage?

(If you're still reading this, I applaud your patience. I apologize but I'm super frustrated and I didn't know where else to get it off).

Double standards for a girl and boy have always been present. And it is no different in this house. Manu has faced no backlash (well maybe a little with Omji) but Mona has. Why? The simple and honest answer is because she is a girl. And I hate having to say that. The comments Bani and Gaurav made about her and Manveer were crass and so below the belt. Everything said about her Mona and Manu was uncalled for, unnecessary and f-ed up. The things said about her and Vikrant as well were stupid. And the common in all of this is Mona. And she bore it all. To treat a sweet and simple girl so badly is terrible. To constantly point a finger on her character is degrading. And I am glad for Mona, that she is out of the house and I wish her a wonderful married life because if anyone deserves it, she does.

Side note, body shaming is a total no-no. Bani has muscles. So? She likes working out she can work out. Who are you to judge her?
Lopa wears make up. She likes doing make-up and wearing make-up. Let her, who are you to judge?

Ahhh I'm done and if you made it to the end, congratulation, thank you and sorry (for such a frustrated and long post).

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DoremonLove thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Very well written n agree with all the points. I think mona was d only one who was always patient n quitely heard all the shizz about herself be it baba or some stupod comedians bharti or yest KJo the so called reputed celeb. Hatts off to her. I agree she has always been simple sweet n real. No one has d right to comment on her marriage. Even if it was fake or whatever.
Kjo farah n jacquilne were nothing but digusting esp KJo. His comment on monas dressing was also 👎🏼
rishta_fan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Superb!! very well written...As u have told you have rewatched all episodes RT?
Even if I was in Mona's situation I would have never agreed to marry Vikrant. whatever you tell Manu can understand and loves Mona more than Vikrant. Vikrant was there from 8 years but Manu has understood Mona in only few weeks as Vikrant only told last time.

As you have rewatched all episodes didn't u felt that Mona was liking Manu more than friendship and even Manu... the ways thy both will speak by flirting with each other and how much she missed Manu when he was not there in between..and am not teling it's wrong...it happens .

I hate both Piku and Vikranth...Both are. ot suitable for these two. Better Mona should have married Manuu.
rishta_fan thumbnail
Superb!! very well written...

Even if I was in Mona's situation I would have never agreed to marry Vikrant. whatever you tell Manu can understand and loves Mona more than Vikrant. Vikrant was there from 8 years but Manu has understood Mona in only few weeks as Vikrant only told last time.

As you have rewatched all episodes didn't u felt that Mona was liking Manu more than friendship and even Manu... the ways thy both will speak by flirting with each other and how much she missed Manu when he was not there in between..and am not teling it's wrong...it happens .

I hate both Piku and Vikranth...Both are. ot suitable for these two. Better Mona should have married Manuu.

Even Karan Johar must have felt that y shearried Vikrant when she likes Manu but the way he interpreted was wrong.
panacea thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yes she bore the snide remarks by many.
She had her schooling from Julien Day school, Kolkata which is a good school. I think her marriage and the divorce has left a scar.
She wants to break free but fears that the second marriage may be in trouble. I am not able to lay hands on her father's back ground or her siblings.
She has been drilled into by someone that in movies it is alright to be amorous but in real life you cannot even dream of it.
AND then there is Manu who was reckless.
He has no spine to face Vikrant but yet wouldn't mind frolicking with her.
Either he is smitten by her and lacks the courage to express it or he was only interested in frolicking without commitment.If he reckoned her as sister, he needs to to maintain the sanctity of that relationship.
She was ignored by celebrities because she is a star of the B grade Bhojpuri industry where as the others were from Mumbai TV industry.
M2 used her as crutches to climb and reach the finals and found a easy way to dump her by proclaiming that she wants to go home..
She dreamed deep within her to be till the end but it did not.
Whether her marriage will last the storm, I do not know.
But if she was paid the money for the 'show marriage', she is the luckiest.
If it was paid to Vikrant, I think she was the unluckiest.

Edited by panacea - 7 years ago
rishta_fan thumbnail
She was very much attached only to Manu. AND in many instances whnever question arrises regarding whom does she want to see as winner she said it's Manu.And the way she talk to manveer and Manu is totally different. And even Manveer was teasing her for not marrying Mannu RT?
Manu may have told many bad things about her before but from last few days he was really started liking her and we can see the pain in him.But he is scared to express because of his relation with Piku. Even Mona same thing. Both r bound with their relations and strucked. Thy keep on saying things that they are just friends.