Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SP2684 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

I keep meaning to reply to ur posts and keep getting sidelined.

I think it's false to say that 10 people have a problem with her attitude. Yes dey don't like it when she swears and abuses in a generalized way and they r absolutely right and entitled to feel that way. Am just copy/ pasting what I had written earlier:

Its also a misconception that Bani does not try to make friends. I have said it weeks ago that she was the one celeb who made an effort to talk to the commoners one-to-one. Evidence is when Akansha got evicted and Niti was feeling sad, Bani went and told her dat somehow she had not been able to talk to her only, but had talked to all d HMs and dat she wld like to get to know her.
Even Gaurav was telling to Bani that Manu thought Manu and Bani would be best friends as she had talked to him in thr first week.

Bani has always made efforts to have a one-to-one talks with HMs and be on friendly terms with most. She was good friends with Karan and Lokesh other than Gaurav and also friendly with Manveer, Mona, Nitibha, Rahul (initially) and Rohan on and off. She is already friend of Sahil, though he too wasnt sure how she wld take him in BB house. But she welcomed him so warmly and dey r gelling well in unseen videos and when Rahul was mocking Sahi's walking style, she told him not to do so and dat he's a nice guy. So she has never deliberately try to distance herself from the HMs. Though she tends to go into her own zone sometimes, but tat does not mean does not want to be friends with others.

What I suppose upsets her and baffles her is dat when der's any negative tags or things dat have to be said about HMs, she ends up at the receiving end. Like in dat tag task, Manveer even he's more of a friend of Bani, but then gives d honest tag to Lopa and dis is what Bani can't comprehend. She genuinely feels she's on good terms with all, but many HMs have issues with her and she does not realize it. That's naive on her part and it upsets her.

It is Bani herself who feels that they all have a problem with her attitude, barring Gaurav (and the WCs) of course, by implication - hence Rahul's response to her questioning that.

As I said previously - not all her friendships last beyond their original purpose and she's extremely good at alienating people - she was suddenly friendly with Manveer, out of nowhere, and then just as suddenly dropped him not even a day and a half later. If you're friends with someone, or trying to be friendly/develop a friendship, you do not embarrass them publicly, and make them out to be a liar, when it is entirely unnecessary, as she did with Rohan - and I don't buy the 'Bani is honest to a fault, and must say the truth at all times' argument, even when she can keep quiet and there would be no problem. And besides - Rohan didn't lie at all there, but that issue has already been discussed weeks ago.

I'm sure she can be nice to people she likes, when she likes - but she does her own share of bitching, mocking and character assuming about people she dislikes, so Rahul mocking someone she currently likes is a moot point. And like I said previously, I'm not saying they all dislike her - she is. Rahul too, didn't say so - he said they have a problem with her attitude, but Bani thinks there's nothing wrong with her attitude whatsoever, so the fault must lie with everyone else.

@bold - Maybe Manveer genuinely thinks Lopa is more deserving of the 'honest' tag? And I don't see him more friendly with Bani than he is with Lopa - to me he's gelled and hangs out far more with Lopa, than he does with Bani. And even if it were the reverse, perhaps he was being honest? After all, the task was not about giving the positive tags to your friends, but rather placing them where you think they fit. If Gaurav's choice was true and genuine, I think it's fair to say Manveer's was too.

Her being upset at being at the receiving end of the negative tags is the whole issue - she thinks she doesn't deserve a single negative tag, ever, because she cannot be criticised, ever. That is not very adult - she needs to accept that she's not perfect, and that people can and will dislike components of her personality, just as she does for others. And if this upsets her, as Rahul said, the way to fix that is to introspect - not to expect that everyone will like you, regardless of how you behave and treat them, at all times.
Edited by SP2684 - 7 years ago
vitriolic thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
superb analysis, SP! love reading your posts. they are unbiased, thought-provoking and sensible 👍🏼
Deepika04 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SP2684

I agree that Bani will probably never be popular among the HMs, but not for the reasons you've outlined, which lay the blame everywhere but with Bani. Sure, all of them have probably used cuss words and sworn at one of the others, on occasion, but none of them use filthy language as exceedingly as Bani does, nor do they name-call at the drop of a hat. None of them end even light arguments with statements like 'main kutton se baat nahin karti', and none of them abuse collectively under the guise of doing so generally. So them not liking her abusive nature, is not an excuse, but rather their prerogative.

Your reasons imply that only those that like Bani in the house are genuine - I disagree, and those are not the parameters for genuineness. And Manu need not brainwash people (I don't even think people take him seriously enough for that to stick) - Bani does plenty to alienate people all by herself. For example, she repeatedly taunted Mona over unwashed utensils, and when Mona responded she got sworn at. She unnecessarily made Rohan out to be a liar and embarrassed him the previous weekend, and it was obvious that Rohan was maha annoyed.

As for Rahul - Gaurav couldn't induce Rahul to like Bani, let alone Manu getting him to dislike her. Rahul is strong-minded and mature enough to decide who he likes/dislikes. He's been patient with her for ages - and he's said, time and again, (in main episodes and unseen videos) that he dislikes Bani's attitude, and there's no point trying to explain anything to her, as all you get is aggressive abuse in return. Even yesterday - he did not tell her anything proactively - he knows it's pointless - she kept asking him, and he finally obliged. And he was spot on - if everyone has an issue with you, perhaps you should look inwards for the problem?

IMO, rudeness, brashness and a 'my way or the highway' mentality does not equate to straightforwardness. Bani will never be popular in the house because she will never introspect - never will she even entertain the possibility that she could be at fault - as she said to Baba last week: nobody can ever criticise her. Why? Perhaps because she believes she's perfect. But the others don't agree.

this deserves a separate thread..

954014 thumbnail

Originally posted by: vitriolic

superb analysis, SP! love reading your posts. they are unbiased, thought-provoking and sensible 👍🏼

yes! its so refreshing to see articulate responses as opposed to usual "love ha hate her but you can't ignore her" or "omg haters you are so obsessed with <insert the contestant's name>" "omg another post on <contestant's name>" or my personal favourite meme replies...

SP!👏👏 love your posts...
1101232 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SatiSavitri

yes! its so refreshing to see articulate responses as opposed to usual "love ha hate her but you can't ignore her" or "omg haters you are so obsessed with <insert the contestant's name>" "omg another post on <contestant's name>" or my personal favourite meme replies...

SP!👏👏 love your posts...

LMAO! HAHAHA 🤣
954014 thumbnail

one thing to add the people who go on and on about "you are obsessed with <contestant>" or passive aggressive "here we go another thread on <contestant>" are the ones posting posts and threads by the dozens on their favourite's rival.. #LovetheIrony

The forum dynamics can be more entertaining than the show at times
1101232 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SatiSavitri

one thing to add the people who go on and on about "you are obsessed with <contestant>" or passive aggressive "here we go another thread on <contestant>" are the ones posting posts and threads by the dozens on their favourite's rival.. #LovetheIrony

The forum dynamics can be more entertaining than the show at times

+1 Not just that, if our opinions don't match with them, then we're gonna be tagged as hypocrites 😛
714873 thumbnail
Such a beautiful post
How i missed it
QueenRhaenys thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

Other than Gaurav, every HM has used abusive words/ bad language/ derogatory terms, so it's kind of double standards on the part of the HMs when they use this as an excuse to justify themselves when they accuse Bani for being at fault and blaming her for them being against her.

There are various other reasons Y Bani can never be popular.

She is different, genuine and is not playing dirty games and hence people don't know how to deal with that. In yesterday's epi itself we saw how Manu tried to portray Bani in d wrong light and it was an epic fail. So HMs especially those playing dirty will never like Bani as she'll always be a threat and is not playing by their rules. The genuine ones like Karan, Lokesh and Gaurav who got to know her knows how nice and real she is and how much misunderstood she is.

She is blunt to the point ef being rude and is not a people pleaser. She could easily have gotten into the right side of ppl by sweet talking, but she just cant. When she appreciates someone, its so direct, without any frills that ppl know she genuinely means it, but she'll not go out of her way to praise ppl.

Another thing she cannot do is do things for people. And I think this is a very important aspect to become popular among HMs. Also for this she gets labeled as selfish. But people don't realize neither does she asks favors. She does her own cooking and when it comes to collective housework, she's one of the most hardworking HMs.

Also she does not give unnecessary explanations for her actions to HMs. She makes her point and leaves it at that, whereas other HMs give out long drawn explanations and become friends again with d HM dey have fought with.

Once she said to Gaurav that its her physicality that makes her seem aggressive and if it was Mona in her place and the same things were said then it wouldn't have seem that aggressive and I agree with her. Bani does not know how to tone down or put how she feels in a diplomatic or sympathy gaining way. Even places where she cld have gained sympathy, she ended up d villain coz of d way she reacted.

Other than these points IMO d main reason dat ppl will continue to misunderstand her is the way Manu goes about exaggerating and highlighting her flaws or assumed mistakes and constantly bitching about her to other HMs. He is totally brainwashing the HMs against Bani and Bani is unaware to the extent that Manu is going. Bani was pretty friendly with both Mona and Manveer and coz of Manu, dey r now totally against her. Manu tried it with Nitibha too. He has done so with Rahul and Naveen too. Rahul too does not like her as she does not go out of her way to do things for him and Lopa ko to problem hai hi. Coz of dat Rohan too is turning negative towards Bani. When Rohan and Lopa were talking abt Bani to Gaurav Rohan said something and Lopa said that he sounded exactly like Rahul. So basically Rohan is just mouthing Rahul's words. In WKW he tells Bani everyone loves her and now is saying nobody likes her.

No wonder Bani is so upset and frustrated when all are against her and she's not able to comprehend what makes dem all go against her.

+1 👏

Word Count: 1

lostNfound thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

+2 meri taraf se 👏