Maya's dislikers,

HadhSeZyada thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Maya's dislikers, at what point of the story did you start to dislike her?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6
The moment she began to manipulate stuff to ensure Arjun became hers.
HadhSeZyada thumbnail

Originally posted by: aekiel

The moment she began to manipulate stuff to ensure Arjun became hers.

Like which incident in particular?
(there are so many, their magnitude ranging all over the scale of repulsion)
InsaneDivine thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I lost connecting to her character when it was disclosed that she framed Ayaan in the fake rape case... Then she committed some unnecessary murders as well.. Tulsi, Mansi..
Basically I have a problem with writers.. I get that she was meant to be a dark character .. I also understand that she was tortured beyond a threshold enough to remain sane but rather than focusing on her life and what led her to go to this extreme, more focus was laid on her killing tactics.. It would have been fine had she killed one or two people less but unfolding her complete life was important...

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6
That she was a manipulator was pretty evident from the time she started to like Arjun, as evinced by her dialogue to her mother when J asked M whether Arjun loved her- "how does it matter, he has to live with me in this house one day"

There were of course hundreds of small manipulations as you mention it, from crashing her own car into the tree and blaming her poor driver for it, to hiding Arjun's mobile so he wouldn't receive calls during that event night.

If I had to say about "tipping points" for "disliking"- perhaps two- one where she gave Arjun an out of turn promotion, knowing that Saanjh's pragmatism and Arjun's ego would clash on this issue, and then bringing Saanjh as a legal adviser when the latter didn't want to occupy that position in the first place, then sending her on a wild goose chase about the meds, and making Jhanvi lie about it, so that A-S would have a fight.

The second- when she purposely banging her hand on the door and bloodied her own hand, and making it look to the world that VM had banged the door on her, then faking her fainting which saw Arjun-Ayaan have a tiff, and then throwing VM and Ayaan's gifts out of the window and making it look like Arjun had thrown them out.

This little thread here predicted most of Maya's serious manipulations before they were revealed- http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4820296
Edited by aekiel - 6 years ago
an_am thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
tbh i started disliking her when she wiped her hands after handshake with other people. and refused to shake hand a few times. 😆 i find it disgusting.
i really hate people who are so proud of themselves.
Edited by --ria-- - 6 years ago
HadhSeZyada thumbnail

Originally posted by: --ria--

tbh i started disliking her when she wiped her hands after handshake with other people. and refused to shake hand a few times. 😆 i find it disgusting.

i really hate people who are so proud of themselves.

me too!
Though it was never cleared, it was heavily implied Maya had OCD and couldn't help herself, so I didn't mind that much..
But when all that Maya hoon mai and the face she put up when dealing with malkhani and samay was really off putting tbh..
More so that she thought Arjun was her medicine instead of going to a psychiatrist and undergo therapy

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
What she did to Ayan. First was rape case, second running that car over him. yes Ayan instigated her, but then there were better ways to deal with him than do to him what she did.
Though not directly responsible her involvement in the death of Prem. Because Prem didnt do anything to her, nothing. At that point if she had spoken the truth of Ayan rape case to Arjun maybe she would have salvaged the whole situation and need not have gone to all the darkness she had to undergo, which was really hard to see. VMs death, Mansi death, Tulsi death. Then her own going away to ashram, trying to bury in that tomb, the fire dance all those dark things if you think logically.

kavitha_r thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Though I like Maya, I disliked her actions like pushing Jhanvi from the godown & trying to kill her. She didn't accept Samay's love. She had framed Ayaan in the fake rape case which was not acceptable. I also didn't like when she did not talk to Arjun directly about the incidents he had with Saanjh. She only spoke to him about it when the matter had become worse. She drove over Ayaan ruthlessly and unnecessarily killing people. But I would blame the CVs for butchering her character beyond redemption.
Amirita4 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Though I loved maya's character... Only awesome character in the show...
But I kind of got bored when surrogacy crap started... I was excited for last stage of the show.. I expected her to stick to her aim of revenge but instead she became pathetic who wanted to gain Arjun's love back