Saanjh's fruit of desire and Ganapati Bappa|

AsNoone thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Hello beautiful people of 'Beyhadh' forum.😆 Some of you are 'beyhadh-ly' admired and adored by me for your beautiful views and voices. I am one of those silent reader who prefers thinking and rethinking and then overthinking over the noises. You all must be wondering then, what is the use of my almost feeble voice's appearance over here. Well the answer is-- the story is concluding and finally giving me a drive (or rather a strong push😳) to express what I finally understand.

N.B: Please be noted this is my first and last post in this forum. And this is my humble request and may be a warning to those who tend not to keep and consider any request that DO READ MY ENTIRE POST(I know it is a bit longer) and understand first. And after that, post whatever you want to ...from positive to negative and neutral views whatever your heart and head feel and suggest.
With this I begin my thought.

You and I & I and You...

We are really one though in thought, emotion, action and spirit.

But with the intense desire of companionship

We split.

Being apart from each other,

Yet always together,

We participate and play

This game of Love.

Sometime I become your dutiful wife,

Sometime your playful beloved, and sometimes the both delighting myself,

By splitting myself, in half.

You My Lord, stay true to your promise,

Bear me my fruits of wish.

Endure the pain and plight and sorrow of Love .

And give me and my world the Fruit of Love.

"This wish-fulfilling tree of Parijaat will only bear flowers of your delight and fruits of your desire, when I will be with your rival, in your game of Love. I myself will toil with one of you to nurture and nourish this tree when the other one of you will enjoy the fruits and flowers of your choice, alone. This was the famous solution of Krishna to Satyabhama and Rukmini when they had started a quarrel over the ownership of Krishna and the wish-fulfilling tree Parijaat. While Parijaat tree, that fulfils everyone's desire and wish, can fulfil both Satyabhama and Rukmini's wish to get Krishna exclusively to themselves, Krishna understood the underlying insecurity and fear that is born out of his both beloved's wish. This made him sad as he knew them as one, splitting in half for their own delight. But they forgot their own truth while Krishna didn't. So he made his both wives to be each other's wish-fulfilling Parijaat. One's wish would be fulfilled only when the other would sacrifice her desire.

That is the way of desire. That is the way of wish. It needs power from the other as it depends on the other. Whether it is for the self or for the other(s) a price has to be paid, a sacrifice must be made. In Ramrajya everyone's desires were fulfilled...even a washman's, who considered his queen, Sita, wife of his king Ram as a stain on the Royal reputation and dignity and wished to erase it away). To be his wish-fulfilling tree, Ram sacrificed his dear wife and to enable Ram a wish-fulfilling , dutiful king Sita sacrificed his beloved Ram. To save the people of Mathura from the wrath of Kansa, Krishna was summoned. But to fulfil their wish Krishna needed to sacrifice his beloved Radha and to enable him Radha did the same. To restore Draupadi's dignity and save Pandavas from the atrocities of Kauravas again Krishna was needed to be with them most of his life, sacrificing his own familial happiness. And to enable him his wives amongst whom two were Satyabhama and Rukmini ( Mahalakshmi's splitting images) sacrificed their husband's affection and attention. That is the way Parijaat works its wish-fulfilling magic. It simply serves as a mere tool, a beautiful yet dangerous illusion to lure, to enchant, to overwhelm the seekers who are too blind in their own desires and wishes to witness and understand what are the prices and sacrifices it takes from their significant others to bear their flowers of delight, fruits of desire. But it also liberates those observers who consciously understand the effect and consequences of their choices and the sacrifices it takes from the others to bear the fruits of their wishes. To fulfil a wish, a desire no matter how selfish or selfless it is from its intent prices must be paid in the form of separation from one's beloved. Sometimes a wife(ves), a beloved needs to go away from her husband, her lover; stays alone by herself.

But above I present a story which right now is seemed irrelevant and even bizzare. This is a story along with a idea that embodies a few thoughts and emotions has been told and retold by one person to another person, from a mother to a child while she tucks her piece of heart's desire into sleep, in a hope that one day s/he too understands the price of wishes and desires and someday s/he willingly becomes someone's wish-fulfilling tree and its power. But all of our desires couldn't be fulfilled in a world full people with sense of self ('me first') and unwilling to make sacrifices for even themselves. And 'Beyhadh's world tops in this category.

To be continued in the next post...

Edited by AsNoone - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AsNoone thumbnail

In Beyhadh, so many people had wished and desired...

Maya desired and wished to love and be loved in a way that all her insecurities, fears, hungers went away. She wished for light from her darkness. She craved for maternal affections. She desired a lover's 24hrs attention, a husband's understanding and a friend's caring and a partner's love. She desired it all from two persons Jhanvi and Arjun, exclusively for herself. But sadly to fulfil her wishes and desires none of them were willing to be her wish-fulfilling tree nor that they were capable of to.

Saanjh had only one desire since her childhood to be a wife to her childhood best friend Arjun. So strong was her desire that she was ready to be his wish-fulfilling tree. She prayed to God for Maya's life for once in the hospital when she was battling for her own life. She wished to give away her all happiness(and Arjun as well) to Maya. After then, she had sacrificed so much, her father Prem, her another mother Vandana, her mental and physical peace and health and the list go on...and with all these prices she finally has obtained her fruit of desire-- Arjun and his love.

Vandana wished only Saanjh as her daughter in law and no one else. Such was her power of desire that she had blessed Saanjh with Arjun and became her wish-fulfilling tree. And lo and behold... this one and only (till then) wish of Saanjh was indeed fulfilled, with a price off course, Vandana's life, sacrificed at the alter of Maya's grief. (What an irony it was.. A grieving mother's life was taken by another grieving mother. Only difference was--one mother's child i.g. Aayaan had returned from the clutch of death and another mother's didn't have the possibility as it was not born.)

Now Saanjh is wishing to be a mother. Being a mother is every woman's desire and right. It is so natural for a woman except, this time too she needs a wish-fulfilling tree to bear her fruit of desire. As she herself cannot carry her child in her womb, she needs a womb of another woman who will be willing to sacrifice her 9 months time of life to bear her child as hers. Nothing is wrong in that until that another woman turns out to be Maya, once her husband Arjun's (Ex) wife, now a mass murderer, an escaped felon, a known psychopath. Yet she is the surrogate mother to Saanjh's child, carrying her fruit of desire. But whether a psychopath murderer or sane, law-abiding, helpless dumb housewife, desires of the both women demand a price of their own, and the price is Arjun. Until now Arjun is the beneficiary of this enchanting yet overwhelming web of desires. His mother, Vandana, Ex-wife Maya, best friend and current wife Saanjh had wished for Arjun, most of the time exclusively to themselves. But Arjun never understood from where came their desire of exclusivity, to have him for themselves, until now. Because underlying all those desires somewhere was Arjun's desire too hidden. Perhaps he wished them and their insecurities for himself as his own wish-fulfilling tree. But today he first time sees the sacrifice it takes to be one's wish-fulfilling tree. And for the first time in his life he wants to be someone else' sacrifice (Saanjh's) and someone else's fruit of desire and flower of delight (Maya's)...so that his significant other, Saanjh gets her fruit of desire a child which is every woman's desire.

Neither Arjun Sharma from Beyhadh world nor Saanjh (Mathur )Sharma and Maya (Mehrotra-Arjun Sharma) could be Krishna and Satyabhama and Rukmini as none of them knows that the sacrifice one makes in order to become other's wish-fulfilling tree comes from empathy, affection and love for the others even for the strangers and the enemies. It doesn't feed on each other's insecurities, fears and hungers but is nourished and nurtured, of each other, for each other, by each other as is the case with story I have told at the beginning of this long post.

But what can and will they become? Before this story, this world of Beyhadh ends, they can suddenly be each other's flowers of delight and fruits of desire (no matter how unwillingly they have been forced into this) for a very little time they have. And with this...the observers can witness the one last dance of desire and wish from where comes the biggest illusion of all- the world and understands it better. And that is my very wish...

To be continued in the next post...

AsNoone thumbnail
This morning when I was checking this forum I stumbled upon the spoilers post. The impending Maya's demise and its necessity and inevitibility has made me sad. In this forum I have found many people putting their hearts and heads out in favour and against Maya. Among them one person's voice has reached to me and through her Maya's voice is heard, also a few people's who passionately defend her always against this malevolent and hypocrite world.
Her words have indeed a great power that can inspire a dull one like me to feel for Maya, who came across a heartless woman to me initially. In between her voices of Maya's heart, there was a patient observer-poet, whose ability to show the mirror that used to (and still) reflect the thoughts, emotions, actions and intentions of Maya's mind yet never sounded judgmental or preacher. These two persons are the reason that I began to understand Maya, and finally have fallen in love with her. Because may be her voices of heart and reflections of mind have reached me in the form of poetry, she too has inclination towards poetry, she herself is still a poetry...may be she fulfills this criteria of poetry--

"Do not fall in love with people like me.
I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth.
I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible. And when I leave you will finally understand, why storms are named after people.
Caitlyn Siehl, Literary Sexts: A Collection of Short & Sexy Love Poems

"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it.
Caitlyn Siehl,
Literary Sexts: A Collection of Short & Sexy Love Poems

But whatever is the reason of mine to love Maya, that doesn't exonerate her of being a psychopath murderer. While head approves her punishment, heart wants to see her improvement. I remember sometimes earlier(during or after Maya's court trial), in the post 'search of the truth' the author has repeatedly sought out Narayan and his justice for Maya. There was the mention of "Uttishtha Kamalakanta trilokyam mangalam kuru"...(this too had used during Maya's cleansing and repenting ceremony), and with this a desire, a wish that may Narayan uplift Maya in her quest of light and truth. She may get justice and with this there was repeated prayers to CVs too. That time till yesterday I have wondered and even doubted where is Narayan and where is his justice for Maya who is beyond anyone's reach to be saved or brought into light. But after tonight's episode, that last bit of doubt evaporates too, when Arjun for the first time, consciously and willingly took Maya's hand and accepted his responsibility for the child that is within her womb, who is his love's fruit of desire. At that moment...the above mentioned story has crossed my mind as if to show this dull one that He is there for everyone, even for a psychopath like Maya, a needy but goodhearted woman like Saanjh and a irresponsible husband like Arjun, and lastly a dumbnut like me.😆
So I from the bottom of my heart thank @shruthirav i and @fernandes4 6 as your conversation has churned my mind and served me amrit that nourishes my heart. I sincerely hope you may get yours.
AsNoone thumbnail
Before I stop, I would like to present another story.(I know it is very pakaoing experience to hear/read my stories full of terse hints.😛😆 But just bear this one, please)...
To be a mother is every woman's desire.
So was Gauri's desire.
So one day the beloved of Shiva,
Make an idol out of turmeric and sandal paste that bear her dead skin cells
And with an intense desire and maternal affection for a little joy of life,
She breathed the idol with invigorating life.
While she awaited and immersed in her Shiva.
With lots of affection and care
She embraced her Vinayaka in arms.
A joy she couldn't wait to share,
But her dear one was not then near,
Left her unrest.
Giving Vinayaka the duty to protect the threshold,
From where the line of dignity and respect arise.
The daughter of mountain went to bath when
The lord of mountain arrived.
But Alas...as her husband refused to believe,
That he is the father of his wife's child.
He is a Vairagi he stated, thus he has no need for a child.
To a Vairagi no boundary and line of dignity and respect matters
As all is same to Him.
But to a wife and mother and daughter it matters
As within these boundaries she is His.
So ensued a vicious battle,
Between the son who separated the boundary
And the husband who saw none.
In this battle Yogeshvara was won,
By the son who lost and regained his head.
That too was possible only when
Shankara had witnessed the fearsome Kali,
Devoid of all that is sane and every boundary.
Only then he understood his need to participate in a world,
Where a child constitute a mother's world.
Mother who is also the Goddess,
A reflection of God's self.
He brought back the boy, with a elephant head.
Named him and made him Ganapati Ganesh.
He who gets everyone's offerings at first
and guards the doors and threshold from evil's clutch.
Remover of obstacles and
Bestower of auspiciousness...
What hadh would he be teaching in this
World of Beyhadh?

Beyhadh had started with Ganesh chaturthi and the 3 persons---Saanjh, Arjun and Maya whose lives hereafter entwined together for this lifetime, did darshan of the deity. A god whose creation came into the being after his mother's affectionate desire bore its fruit, who was destroyed by his father's indifference and only restored back to life when his both parents acknowledged and accepted the boundaries and the responsibilities they brought. A child serves as a boundary, a 'hadh' between husband and wife and separates them as father and mother, demands the sacrifice that enables the wish-fulfilling tree to bear the flowers and fruits of desire.
In Beyhadh...everyone seemed no sense of any 'hadh'. In her passion and obsession for Arjun Maya didn't recognize any 'hadh', in her stubbornness to save Arjun Saanjh unheed all the 'hadh's her father and mother repeatedly had shown her, in her blind affection Vandana chose not to welcome Maya as her daughter-in-law in her 'hadh'(threshold) of household. And finally in his rage Aayan crossed his 'hadh' with Maya as brother and sister by law and this show truly had become very Behadh. Yet here is Ganesha, the reckoner of all 'hadh' who silently witnessed all the chaos , generated when people went berserk and beyhadh.
But yesterday when Arjun accepted his responsibility as father for Saanjh's child who is being nurtured by Maya, first time there was a line, a boundary, a hadh neither of these 3 can cross. They can bargain, negotiate, try to trade but they cannot cross this line, this hadh placed before them by the remover of obstacles. Just like Ganesha, this child is also a fruit of affectionate mother's desire, nurtured by a wife who still craves for her husband's love, care, attention and affection. But it can only comes into this world when its father will recognize it as his responsibility and love it as his own, just like Mahadev, vairagi but affectionate father of Ganapati Ganesh.
Sometimes earlier someone has inquired about Ganesha's significance in this show. In my understanding that is for the above purpose.