Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

beanaq thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: SRKLuvr

A game of blind revenge. But she always told Samay that she was only Arjun's and she hated him touching her. She has never loved anyone other than Arjun and nor has she ever found Sukoon with anyone else. Arjun was her connection to life - or destruction. Thing is - Maya was mentally ill. Within a few short months of their marriage Arjun became aware of this but he couldn't deal with it so tried to run.

Y12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I don't know how some people and cvs can tag saanjun love as pure and selfless.
They failed miserably at this,and yes Pendulum arjun should end alone.

Why call this a thriller? If they show 2 shades of love, of course the so called selfless one will win but that show is a thriller, not some saas bahu crap.
Beyhadhlover thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

These were Arjun's lines: pyar ek junoon hai. Ek deewangee. Ek sanak. Ek aisi hadh, jiske paar kiye bina saha nahin jaata. Ibaadat. Beyhadh. Kashish. Now this type of love happens once in a lifetime. You can't tell me he felt all this for Saanjh 😆 😆

Nah I don't think it means that love happens once in lifetime. He's just describing it. That's besides the point though.

It's interesting actually. I agree he had that junoon-wala love for Maya, but it clearly didn't work out. I guess it could be said that this was his initial understanding of love, but through the course of the show, we've seen his understanding of love evolve, in his realisation that Saanjh's love is pure and good for him and Maya's visually attractive, glamorous, rich love is toxic. Even though he doesn't have that beyhadh love for Saanjh doesn't mean he's not in love with her. He's grown to understand that love is friendship, care, selflessness and happiness, which he always had with Saanjh. Obviously in the beginning, if that's how he thought love was gonna be, it was right on offer with Maya; that's why they got together. But he's always loved Saanjh in the pure sense - which makes sense because if he didn't understand that that was love he was never in hell gonna admit that he loved Saanjh. The reason he and Saanjh are together today is because his understanding of love has matured from the Maya love that looks nice to one where there's a genuine care for the other's happiness on the inside.

I don't mean to get all philosophical and cringe-worthy, but that's how I'd explain Arjun's words.
beanaq thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Beyhadhlover

Nah I don't think it means that love happens once in lifetime. He's just describing it. That's besides the point though.

It's interesting actually. I agree he had that junoon-wala love for Maya, but it clearly didn't work out. I guess it could be said that this was his initial understanding of love, but through the course of the show, we've seen his understanding of love evolve, in his realisation that Saanjh's love is pure and good for him and Maya's visually attractive, glamorous, rich love is toxic. Even though he doesn't have that beyhadh love for Saanjh doesn't mean he's not in love with her. He's grown to understand that love is friendship, care, selflessness and happiness, which he always had with Saanjh. Obviously in the beginning, if that's how he thought love was gonna be, it was right on offer with Maya; that's why they got together. But he's always loved Saanjh in the pure sense - which makes sense because if he didn't understand that that was love he was never in hell gonna admit that he loved Saanjh. The reason he and Saanjh are together today is because his understanding of love has matured from the Maya love that looks nice to one where there's a genuine care for the other's happiness on the inside.

I don't mean to get all philosophical and cringe-worthy, but that's how I'd explain Arjun's words.

beautiful explanation!👏
Beyhadhlover thumbnail

Arjun May have said he realised that Saanjh's love was "pure for him but doesn't mean HE was in love with her from the beginning without realising. So matlab...he never loved Maya? Hardly. Of course he did but Arjun is not someone who has the strength to fulfill beyhadh love. His lines about love in the beginning were good but saying them and fulfilling are two separate things and when the going got tough Arjun tried to run rather than fix things. He dropped her just after miscarriage too. To be in love one must know they are in love.

Arjun's Love for Saanjh is borne out of convenience, he is used to her always being there for him and he chose Saanjh's safe love and saath when he had no one else. He accepted his friend wala love as his wife. His love for Maya was very different. It was Ishq wala love. Which he initially fought the world for. Junoon. Ibaadat. beintehan. In his own words BEYHADH.

To be in love one must know they are in love. I think we can agree to disagree on that. Arjun said he was oblivious to his love for Saanjh. It took him a while to understand that what they had was love. That indicates that he admits he was in love with Saanjh before he knew it.

Arjun surely was in love with Maya. But he also loved Saanjh -- subconciously, if you will -- in a different way. That's what the whole show is about - his battle between the two kinds.

When you say Arjun ran, he ran from Maya. I mean the woman was practically asking for Arjun to turn her into his obsession. Not even a Romeo could live up to Maya's expectations of love. Maya was demanding way too much control over him. If Maya had been more understanding in her love and less psychotic, perhaps there would have been no running :)
Edited by Beyhadhlover - 7 years ago
Beyhadhlover thumbnail

Originally posted by: beanaq

beautiful explanation!👏

Thanks :) I think I'm officially done using the word love from now on though lol 😆
kavitha_r thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

A game of blind revenge. But she always told Samay that she was only Arjun's and she hated him touching her. She has never loved anyone other than Arjun and nor has she ever found Sukoon with anyone else. Arjun was her connection to life - or destruction. Thing is - Maya was mentally ill. Within a few short months of their marriage Arjun became aware of this but he couldn't deal with it so tried to run.

I guess Arjun never really knew what he wanted. Once a Duffer is always a Duffer. The fact is that he only loves himself. He only has been thinking about his convenience.
Edited by kavsy - 7 years ago
SRKLuvr thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Oh dear. So six months Maya stayed in peace lol. Must be a record. Cvs have ripped our hearts out.
Beyhadfan thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Oh dear. So six months Maya stayed in peace lol. Must be a record. Cvs have ripped our hearts out.

Tell me about it...Absolutely painful.

The fact that arjun didn't even flinch when she was shrieking his name...gets me. He doesn't give a crap about her. Apparently she will die in arms and he will cry...after all that he's done there's no use of him doing that...as a Arya fan I don't even want to see that. Saanjh is welcome to arjun...his behaviour today was disgusting...he was literally dragging a pregnant women.
an_am thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
arjun can not sympathize with his mom's killer. he did not ask maya to carry his child.