Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: SRKLuvr

Nah. This ending is even more bitter. Why? Because Jhanvi - who I hold almost totally responsible for Maya's condition - will be dancing on her grave. That will be a sick sight. Secondly, that happiness of a baby - which Maya never received - they will so illogically and stupidly show her giving to the most horrible Jodi of all time - to put namak on the wounds of the people who began to love Maya - and then could not stop as the cvs destroyed her character. Honestly, her dying is the worst ending in itself. What sort of message is it? Traumatic childhood, adulthood trapped in her own mind and then jail, hatred and death. From start to finish, the girl's life was a total wreck. Tears me up when I see the old Maya - the vulnerable one who was the perfect shade of strong and broken at the same time. To where she is now. And the cvs never gave any justification of how she became a cold blooded murderer. If they had stopped at her killing Ashwin - that wouldn't have been so unpalatable for the viewers.

If the CVs would have stopped at Ashwin' s murder then how eill they have shown the story of a woman whose life turned to obsession and took a destructive form

The show is about that only isn't it...hadh se zyada kuch bhi accha nahi ' pyar bhi.'

Maya was a girl with a traumatic childhood and with time she had become very apprehensive about everything...She made sure with proper investigation that Arjun was the right guy for her and had no similarity whatsoever with Ashwin

Her dependence on Arjun , her love for him , her need to have Arjun around her and be with her all the time slowly turned into obsession and her obsession started destroying lives.

This was a story of an obsessive lover...There was a reason why her love became obsessive...a lot of it had to do with her childhood trauma as well.

Maya was not a plain negative character from the beginning...it was a layered character and her character went through a transformation from grey to dark to pitch black and now perhaps will be back to grey with her redemption in the end.

I don't think that her character was butchered...she was always supposed to be a dark complex character in my opinion.

The story has not been about a girl who is a victim rather about an obsessive lover and how excess of anything is dangerous

Makers never made any false promises and from the first promo itself it was made clear that Maya is a dark character whose obsession will cross all limits.

I think it is great that people love to hate Maya and hate to love her...this itself is a win of Jenny and the makers.

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

^^^if that was the case, and they wanted to show her as an out and out evil person, they never should have shown her trauma, or clear signs of mental problems such as refusal of health insurance, suicide attempts, banging head against wall, medicines, psychiatric facility etc etc. what about the doctor who told Saanjh in first season that Maya was mentally ill? There were many signs the other way too. Cvs decided to make her evil so they forgot all that. But people are not born evil. And Maya turned evil in love. The whole portrayal of Maya, whilst beautifully played by Jennifer, has been botched by the CVs.

As I told earlier, in a thriller (like this show was supposed to be) some deliberate wrong hints are given to confuse the viewers if everything is shown as clear what was supposed to be then what kind of thriller would it be? About the doctor, it were not for that doctor, Saanjh would have never doubted Maya and tried to proof this to Arjun which you remember was the first conflict in Saajun so that could have been very well a Mayajaal of Maya.

Maya didn't become evil in love even before that she didn't save Samay from burning, did something which according to Ashwin could have landed her in jail.
People maybe not born evil but they become evil not necessarily due to some mental illness or some distress many want to overpower others get what they want and thus become evil
Maya was bad and that's the beauty of this show the protagonist being black and that's what portrayed by Jenifer
SRKLuvr thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Well I don't think in a serial you can read into every incident. Samay was not a good human so I'm sure Maya felt no pain in his. She was never a normal human with normal pain emotions to begin with. Her childhood and her emotions had been brutalised. Remember she once told Vandana she was numb to pain now because she was so used to it as a child. She was lashing herself with a leather belt and she did not feel the burning pain after.

Anyway, my point is whatever Maya has become, her childhood had a severe impact on her formation. Rationally, if a child from their first memory sees nothing but pain, brutality, betrayal and loneliness, and has nobody to show them anything different, anything remotely like normal love and affection, surely one does not expect them to become a saint. I wasn't surprised Maya had instincts of brutality at the beginning. That's what she grew up with. I just didn't know they would turn her into a remorseless casual murderer. I thought they might show that love can heal such wounds. Apparently not.

I seem to remember Jennifer say that Maya's character was grey, not to be black. And I agree. I never saw Maya as evil from the start. She cried nearly as much as she was mad. Flashbacks from childhood. Very complicated feelings towards her mother. Even that wasn't shown consistent. She jumps in a river to save her mum's life and then she is pushing her mum out a glass window. No sense. Many times Sanjh and Vandana referred to Maya as mad, to be put in a mental hospital.

So bottom line, whatever Maya became was due to her childhood traumas inflicted on her mind. Any child that is so traumatised they are visiting psychiatrists at age 9 has not had a normal view of life at a young age.
Edited by SRKLuvr - 7 years ago
an_am thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fernandes43

I too felt a bit somewhat confused, initially, with their approach!
But if one takes a careful look, it might shed some light!

The court trials & testimonies were all part of an old climax track wherein Maya was supposed to receive her sentence for what she did - by the time some of these scenes were already shot ( please refer: KT's IG posts around that time, one will get to see a post of Maya getting arrested & all) and they were perhaps thinking of dealing her character as bad Maya only! Then came an announcement of show's extension on August 10th, 2017!

And there were some radical changes in the story direction! Badala ka intazaar became a new theme -a welcome change from a hard-line approach of uncompromising beyhadh madness! And some softening of Maya's character was also visible since then, relatively speaking! Her killing of Jailor was not seen a very bad thing, even though it was still a crime!
Her killing of Tulsi was too fast before one could understand what really happened! Comically, she was even thanking a dead friend for her help in escape! Mind you, Tulsi was ready to bear Maya's cross, during Jailor's death related inquiry, in a way hinting her life was always available for maya's taking! So, when she did that, it was less in weight of guilt, though by no means, a crime by itself!
Perhaps if their new plan is to paint Maya as both mad & bad -if that will make life little easier for some of her heart-broken supporters- surely they would attempt to do, as her surrogacy track, friendliness for children & a carrying mother image etc only augur well, for such a depiction!
A toned down Maya is the best thing they can do now as her fate is otherwise sealed beyond redemption!
It is always a good idea to end the show somewhat bitter-sweet than totally bitter in taste!

ending is not gona be bitter sweet. she is killing people again. she hasnt improved a bit.
SRKLuvr thumbnail
Did anyone think she would? It's not realistic. The only thing that can help psychotic people is mental health treatment but Maya has crossed that point. She cannot be helped now. The cvs have made her ending inevitable. Sick, sick thing. Anyway, Jhanvi can't exactly take the moral high ground can she? She gave supari to have her daughter murdered in jail. 🤢
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Did anyone think she would? It's not realistic. The only thing that can help psychotic people is mental health treatment but Maya has crossed that point. She cannot be helped now. The cvs have made her ending inevitable. Sick, sick thing. Anyway, Jhanvi can't exactly take the moral high ground can she? She gave supari to have her daughter murdered in jail. 🤢

Again unless the CVs decide to make some changes in the last moment, as far as the show shown till now Maya is not a psychotic but a mentality fit female suffering from depression. (And people commit suicide due to depression don't kill. She is Buri nor Beemar basis what has been shown)

About Jahnavi agreed she can not take a mentally high ground but then since the crime didn't take place she isn't really a murderer so it makes her better (and even she suffered from depression)
SRKLuvr thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Again unless the CVs decide to make some changes in the last moment, as far as the show shown till now Maya is not a psychotic but a mentality fit female suffering from depression. (And people commit suicide due to depression don't kill. She is Buri nor Beemar basis what has been shown)

About Jahnavi agreed she can not take a mentally high ground but then since the crime didn't take place she isn't really a murderer so it makes her better (and even she suffered from depression)

Jhanvi is an attempted murderess. The only reason she didn't succeed in becoming a murderer is because Maya outsmarted the jailor. And for whom? Because Saanjh was freaking out about Maya having escaped the death penalty? Maybe if Jhanvi has cared about protecting her own daughter the same way this whole scenario could have been avoided. Jhanvi's good kismet that Maya escaped murder but she belongs in jail too. I have about zero sympathy for that woman because she failed miserably to protect her daughter from her evil husband. Or rather she turned her back for her own selfish love.

Today she was saying a mother should die before giving birth to a daughter like Maya well hell Jhanvi maybe if you had fulfilled your motherly farz...or even normal humanity your daughter may never have turned out like this. In fact you should not have brought her into the world at all if you knew the kind of horrid torture she would suffer with you and your husband. Hell, even after all the hell you blamed her for murdering "mere Ashwin like he was an angel. Like What? You can love your evil husband but not your evil daughter.
Shaenma thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fernandes43

And if this part is skipped without any reasonable explanation when the show finally ends- the only inevitable conclusion one can make is that, such a thing never existed in the first place- as we tend to keep assuming as THE FACTOR which is very strongly believed by some, to be the root cause of Maya's abnormal behaviour!!

Ever since season 2 has started Maya has been shown to be a delusional person who believes what she wants to believe... who sees what she wants to see...so maybe the makers wanted to show her as a criminal mastermind with no history of mental illness...but due to poor writing she comes across as someone with mental probs for sure..also we have been shown she used to take anti depressant pills etc..but they made the doctor say she's devoid of any problem when the 2nd court room track was going on...so as per their convenience they keeps changing the characteristic traits of Maya which is plain sad!

What I feel is the intention of the makers initially was to show Maya suffers from some disease...but since it's such a sensitive topic and their writers haven't really been able to handle most of the tracks properly and there were too many bloopers in them...so they decided to put it under the carpet by saying Maya is perfectly fine! :)
Edited by Shaenma - 7 years ago
--Megha-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
A lot has been discussed about the leaked ending, somehow I feel it's not going to be that simple with Maya dying n happily ever after for Saajun. Let's see. 😳
--Megha-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaenma

Ever since season 2 has started Maya has been shown to be a delusional person who believes what she wants to believe... who sees what she wants to see...so maybe the makers wanted to show her as a criminal mastermind with no history of mental illness...but due to poor writing she comes across as someone with mental probs for sure..also we have been shown she used to take anti depressant pills etc..but they made the doctor say she's devoid of any problem when the 2nd court room track was going on...so as per their convenience they keeps changing the characteristic traits of Maya which is plain sad!

What I feel is the intention of the makers initially was to show Maya suffers from some disease...but since it's such a sensitive topic and their writers haven't really been able to handle most of the tracks properly and there were too many bloopers in them...so they decided to put it under the carpet by saying Maya is perfectly fine! :)

@bold - Even I think the same, the moment they showed her scheming with adamant manipulating him etc I knew they r going the easy way of Maya being Buri.