Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Y12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Here's what we know that indicate that Maya was a patient of depression and not 'mad' :

On one hand doctor said that Maya was normal but only suffering from depression

She used to take anti - depressants and not other medicines

Ashwin wanted to prove in front of the world that she was 'mad' but was she really mad or just a girl suffering from depression.

In court it was proven that she was not mentally ill

Maya didn't fight in the court stating that she was mentally ill

_____

@anshi All your debate are good but what do you mean by mad?

No offense, but you should see to it for the terms you are using.
Suffering from mental illness does not mean mad.Your statements are very conflicting.

Edited by Y12345 - 7 years ago
anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Y12345

_____

@anshi All your debate are good but what do you mean by mad?

No offense, but you should see to it for the terms you are using.
Suffering from mental illness does not mean mad.Your statements are very conflicting.

Again I would ask u to read what i have written properly

I am not stating that a person suffering from depression or any other mental disorder is mad...please read the line which u have underlined...i have stated mad as in 'mad and bad Maya which is a popular term.

All I meant was so as people say is she really 'mad' or simply a girl who suffered from depression and that is why if u will re-check I have put mad in quotes. The terms like psychological problem or mental illenss or mental disorder have been used and have not been put in quotes if u have noticed.

Also I don't think my thoughts are conflicting..i have only stated what has been established so far by the CVs...one hand they have showed that court didn't take into consideration that Maya was suffering from any mental disorder while on the other there have been signs which initially indicated that Maya was suffering from a disorder.

And that is why I have mentioned that I would want the CVs to clarify this once and for and and if it doesn't get clarifed then one can say that Maya was not mentally ill as that has what been established by the CVs so far.

Edited by anshvi - 7 years ago
FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fernandes43

If Maya is indeed a psycho who can not control her mind to listen to her, whenever she gets provoked, then Saanjh would not have survived this long!
Saanjh is in Maya's life blocking or hindering her love for Arjun now, for how long?
It is almost 10 plus years, since they all met for the very first time!
If she could knock off a nameless Pandit in Mauritius for just giving a few words of advice to Arjun -within an hour of their meeting, Saanjh who was constantly advising her duffer, could not have survived this longer!

Maya is not a genuine psycho who goes ballistically in a controlled or even uncontrolled manner!
May be, she is simply an inefficient loose cannon which only fires randomly off-target, as she has failed miserably to catch her main enemy-Saanjh- literally by her throat, to squeeze her 'sans' or make her go out of breath - as her number one priority in life, to safeguard her love interest!

If she is an intelligent woman but at the same time a ruthless psycho, this would have happened a long long time back!

Genuine psychopaths can still control themselves. Many psychopaths learn to lead a normal life as well. But it is definitely a mystery why Maya spared Saanjh. I do not expect CVs to give any explanation for that. Had it been a good show, I would have probably expected something. Psychopathy spectrum is so varied as well that it can be really hard to say what exactly psychopaths think. Even if Maya is not suffering from any mental illness, then also it is hard to explain her behaviour.

The debate of Maya being sane or insane is really futile since the script of the show is abysmal. Obsessive love itself, though not classified as mental disorder in the fifth edition of DSM, can still be treated to some extent with psychotherapy.

The poor depiction of mental asylums in the show suggests how ignorant the writers are when it comes to mental disorders. They have shown so many absurd and illogical things that I wouldn't pay much attention to what CVs verdict on Maya is.

I actually just watched the Korean show 'Hello Monster' which brilliantly showcases how different environment can affect the way psychopaths turn out to be. And even there, we see a psychopathic person not actually killing the person he holds maximum grudge against. Rather he kills people similar to his so called main enemy.
But anyways, it is fiction after all, so you have to take it with a pinch of salt.

Fernandes43 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dexter3108

Genuine psychopaths can still control themselves. Many psychopaths learn to lead a normal life as well. But it is definitely a mystery why Maya spared Saanjh. I do not expect CVs to give any explanation for that. Had it been a good show, I would have probably expected something. Psychopathy spectrum is so varied as well that it can be really hard to say what exactly psychopaths think. Even if Maya is not suffering from any mental illness, then also it is hard to explain her behaviour.

The debate of Maya being sane or insane is really futile since the script of the show is abysmal. Obsessive love itself, though not classified as mental disorder in the fifth edition of DSM, can still be treated to some extent with psychotherapy.

The poor depiction of mental asylums in the show suggests how ignorant the writers are when it comes to mental disorders. They have shown so many absurd and illogical things that I wouldn't pay much attention to what CVs verdict on Maya is.

I actually just watched the Korean show 'Hello Monster' which brilliantly showcases how different environment can affect the way psychopaths turn out to be. And even there, we see a psychopathic person not actually killing the person he holds maximum grudge against. Rather he kills people similar to his so called main enemy.
But anyways, it is fiction after all, so you have to take it with a pinch of salt.

Many serious issues such as child abuse, mental illness, legal & judiciary surrogacy or even issues concerning medical/pharma research etc were handled very shoddy!
It is all acceptable as one does not expect much from tele-shows, except some entertainment!
But the real question being, was it even very entertaining?
The answer will be a mixed response!
anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yes when it comes to daily soaps and even movies one can't expect them to delve into details about pychology and such medical stuff...Movies like Darr which was such a huge hit or Pyar tune kya kia , Anjaam never really cleared if the key characters ever had any psychological problem...One has to admit and accept it with a pinch of salt
Having said that the makers could have just stated if Maya was suffering from any mental disorder or not without delving into the details of that illness.

It would have cleared the confusion of all and would have helped to better understand Maya's character
Fernandes43 thumbnail

Originally posted by: anshvi

Yes when it comes to daily soaps and even movies one can't expect them to delve into details about pychology and such medical stuff...Movies like Darr which was such a huge hit or Pyar tune kya kia , Anjaam never really cleared if the key characters ever had any psychological problem...One has to admit and accept it with a pinch of salt

Having said that the makers could have just stated if Maya was suffering from any mental disorder or not without delving into the details of that illness.

It would have cleared the confusion of all and would have helped to better understand Maya's character

Who can authenticate the state of mental condition of an ailing patient? Who can validate such an authenticated testimony?
A qualified Medical practitioner & a court of law, respectively!
And what better occasion can there be, other than a time like a person standing accused for a series of murders & staring a death sentence from law?!

The CVs could NOT have chosen a better occasion -to convey their verdict on Maya's mental health, more directly, authentically & unambiguously- than what we saw already in this show!
Edited by Fernandes43 - 7 years ago
SRKLuvr thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
^^^if that was the case, and they wanted to show her as an out and out evil person, they never should have shown her trauma, or clear signs of mental problems such as refusal of health insurance, suicide attempts, banging head against wall, medicines, psychiatric facility etc etc. what about the doctor who told Saanjh in first season that Maya was mentally ill? There were many signs the other way too. Cvs decided to make her evil so they forgot all that. But people are not born evil. And Maya turned evil in love. The whole portrayal of Maya, whilst beautifully played by Jennifer, has been botched by the CVs.
Fernandes43 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKLuvr

^^^if that was the case, and they wanted to show her as an out and out evil person, they never should have shown her trauma, or clear signs of mental problems such as refusal of health insurance, suicide attempts, banging head against wall, medicines, psychiatric facility etc etc. what about the doctor who told Saanjh in first season that Maya was mentally ill? There were many signs the other way too. Cvs decided to make her evil so they forgot all that. But people are not born evil. And Maya turned evil in love. The whole portrayal of Maya, whilst beautifully played by Jennifer, has been botched by the CVs.

I too felt a bit somewhat confused, initially, with their approach!
But if one takes a careful look, it might shed some light!

The court trials & testimonies were all part of an old climax track wherein Maya was supposed to receive her sentence for what she did - by the time some of these scenes were already shot ( please refer: KT's IG posts around that time, one will get to see a post of Maya getting arrested & all) and they were perhaps thinking of dealing her character as bad Maya only! Then came an announcement of show's extension on August 10th, 2017!

And there were some radical changes in the story direction! Badala ka intazaar became a new theme -a welcome change from a hard-line approach of uncompromising beyhadh madness! And some softening of Maya's character was also visible since then, relatively speaking! Her killing of Jailor was not seen a very bad thing, even though it was still a crime!
Her killing of Tulsi was too fast before one could understand what really happened! Comically, she was even thanking a dead friend for her help in escape! Mind you, Tulsi was ready to bear Maya's cross, during Jailor's death related inquiry, in a way hinting her life was always available for maya's taking! So, when she did that, it was less in weight of guilt, though by no means, a crime by itself!
Perhaps if their new plan is to paint Maya as both mad & bad -if that will make life little easier for some of her heart-broken supporters- surely they would attempt to do, as her surrogacy track, friendliness for children & a carrying mother image etc only augur well, for such a depiction!
A toned down Maya is the best thing they can do now as her fate is otherwise sealed beyond redemption!
It is always a good idea to end the show somewhat bitter-sweet than totally bitter in taste!
Edited by Fernandes43 - 7 years ago
SRKLuvr thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nah. This ending is even more bitter. Why? Because Jhanvi - who I hold almost totally responsible for Maya's condition - will be dancing on her grave. That will be a sick sight. Secondly, that happiness of a baby - which Maya never received - they will so illogically and stupidly show her giving to the most horrible Jodi of all time - to put namak on the wounds of the people who began to love Maya - and then could not stop as the cvs destroyed her character. Honestly, her dying is the worst ending in itself. What sort of message is it? Traumatic childhood, adulthood trapped in her own mind and then jail, hatred and death. From start to finish, the girl's life was a total wreck. Tears me up when I see the old Maya - the vulnerable one who was the perfect shade of strong and broken at the same time. To where she is now. And the cvs never gave any justification of how she became a cold blooded murderer. If they had stopped at her killing Ashwin - that wouldn't have been so unpalatable for the viewers.
Fernandes43 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKLuvr

Nah. This ending is even more bitter. Why? Because Jhanvi - who I hold almost totally responsible for Maya's condition - will be dancing on her grave. That will be a sick sight. Secondly, that happiness of a baby - which Maya never received - they will so illogically and stupidly show her giving to the most horrible Jodi of all time - to put namak on the wounds of the people who began to love Maya - and then could not stop as the cvs destroyed her character. Honestly, her dying is the worst ending in itself. What sort of message is it? Traumatic childhood, adulthood trapped in her own mind and then jail, hatred and death. From start to finish, the girl's life was a total wreck. Tears me up when I see the old Maya - the vulnerable one who was the perfect shade of strong and broken at the same time. To where she is now. And the cvs never gave any justification of how she became a cold blooded murderer. If they had stopped at her killing Ashwin - that wouldn't have been so unpalatable for the viewers.

Hmm.. the silver line is that Maya will rest in peace, at least!
A peaceful end is some kind of consolation than an unending miserable & tortuous life!

Hopefully, everyone will also move on, as life goes on!!