Points of conflict !

anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
So much has already been discussed.

What I personally think is that Beyhahd was amazing in season 1 and then it was a good watch but after the extension the show has become super boring and more of a SaaS bahu drama than a thriller...i was expecting this show to go out with a bang with a thrilling and dark last few episodes but now it seems that makers are going for a dud and boring climax...Sigh !

But props to the makers for sticking to the concept of the show...i am not sure why many think that ArYa were an endgame and it was a story of an adult who had an abused childhood but the makers changed the story.

In my opinion this was always supposed to be a dark thriller and not a love story...it is a story of an obsessed woman whose obsession destroyed everything including herself.

Hadh se zyada kuch bhi accha nahi hota...pyar bhi nahi !

This is what makers have tried to put across since the very first promo and I ma glad that they stick to their concept till the very end.

Now

Coming to Maya

She is a girl who had a troubled childhood , had a pathetic father and a mother who for the most part couldn't protect her...Up untill this point we all synpathised with Maya owing to her past.

Maya was a self made woman who was independent and strong...but things took a turn when Arjun entered her life

Maya after examining that Arjun was not like her father decided to woo him and fell in love with him

She knew that Arjun had a best friend who was super close to him..she was aware about it and that is why she tried to create a rift between the two.

Saanjh on the other hand was in love with Arjun and was desperate to confess it to him

Saanjh never imagined that Arjun can fall in love with someone else..she was so sure that they were meant to be..perhaps She shouldn't have been too sure
Coz
Arjun fell in love with Maya.

Now the MAIN CONFLICT IS :

Those who support Maya say that she tried to adjust but Vandana, Saanjh and rest of the world cornered her and that is why she murdered everyone.

According to them others wear a white cloak

Maya needs to be synpathised with coz the society didn't accept her and she had a troubled childhood

They blame others for what happened to Maya but give Maya a pass

NOW

What I personally think is

I did sympathise with Maya in the beginning and wanted Vandana to accept her and give her a chance despite Vandna knowing that there was something wrong with her I wanted her to give her a chance and tackle the whole situation more tactfully

ABOUT VANDANA

Vandana blinded by her son's love didn't accept her that was her mistake but later on when Maya was pregnant she did accept her although that ended up pretty badly coz Maya almost killed Ayaan and things accelerated from there and Vandana got killed by Maya

What more punishment can one hope for a mother than getting murdered knowing that her one son was in hospital while other hated her at least that's what she thought.

So, Vandana didn't accept her initially but what about Arjun, Saanjh , Ayaan who welcomed her with open arms

Saanjh planned a homey moon for ArYa , Ayaan fought with his mom and got slapped in return...what about others who supported her that time.

Vandana and Ayaan did go to her place but Maya manipulated the whole situation.

Now it is a matter of perception

Those who favour Maya think she genuinely tried to adjust while many think that Maya never wanted to stay in Sharma house as she wanted Arjun to stay with her in her house...Vandana's behaviour helped Maya's case who easily after that gained Arjun's sympathy and separated him from his family and then from Saanjh by faking a miscarriage.

I think she never wanted to stay in Sharma house.

Here Vandana's mistake was to not accept Maya an not tackling the situation in a more sensible way

Her punishment - She got separated from Arjun , Ayaan nearly died , she got killed.

But she was good mom and after her death her blessing worked and Arjun fell in love with Saanjh and Maya's truth was out, even Ayaan survived.

ABOUT SAANJH

Saanjh I agree was very clingy since the beginning...she was madly in love with Arjun...it was tough for her to accept that Arjun could love someone else.
The whole wedding drama was too much in my opinion...she did meet Arjun and tried to kiss him which was not right at all although she did stop...she did dance with Arjun and put color on him first which again was not right although Maya had mixed bhaang in her drink but putting color obviously was not right.

Saanjh found to tough to accept and adjust to the fact that her bestie was now Maya's husband...this was her MISTAKE.

Although she did try to move on with Samay who turned out to be a psycho planted by Maya in her life.

She did stay away from Arjun for 3 years and still ArYa were miserable.

Many say that she should have stayed away but I don't see the harm if she tried to help Arjun out who clearly was in distress.

Saanjh MISTAKE - She took time to adjust and accept the fact that Arjun was a husband first and then a bestie.

PUNISHMENT - Her dad died , her image was tarnished for fighting in Ayaan's favour in the court, people called her 'mistress' , she can't conceive.

But Saanjh had been a good fried , a good human being who tried to support the right, she might be clingy and irritating, even selfish but she didn't commit any heinous crimes , she supported Arjun in thick and thin and ultimately Arjun realised his love for her and thus they got married.

ABOUT AYAAN

He supported Maya initially

Then wanted to save his bro and rest we all know

His MISTAKE - trying to free his bro from Maya by getting in a tussle with her and then later for instigating Maya by showing her the proof.

PUNISHMENT - He was sent to jail for a crime he didn't commit , nearly got killed by Maya , lost his wife, lost his mom

He was a good brother, a good son , a good person , a good friend...Ayaan was the one who really suffered in this story of Beyhahd obsession

MAYA

Although she had a troubled childhood but she was the one carved her present..her Beyhahd love turned to obsession and she took lives of many which is the right of God and no one else.

If Vandana didn't accept her but there were Arjun , Ayaan , Saanjh and others who supported her

If Saanjh interfered in her life but there was Arjun who kicked Saanjh out of his life for Maya , he kicked his family out for Maya

Arjun lived with her for 3 years and her obsession suffocated her.

Jhanvi didn't support her and protected her but she did go and try to kill Ashwin for Maya. In the end she did take a stand for her daughter.

But Maya only looked at the bad things that happened in her life...for her glass was half empty

She killed Ashwin (which was okay coz she was protecting Arjun)

Then she faked her pregnancy and manipulated Arjun in kicking out Saanjh and his family

Then she tried to prove that her mom was mad so that she could put Ashwin' s murder' s charge on her

Then she tried to kill her mom twice

She trapped Ayaan and later tried to kill him

She killed Vandana , Tulsi, Mansi

Poisoned the kids and Simba

Indirectly responsible for Prem's death

The list as we know goes on

In my opinion if after so much one can still sympathise with Maya and hold toehrs responsible for Maya's actions

Then

Others can surely sympathise with others who didn't commit any heinous crimes but human mistakes and paid a bigger price for them.

I hold Maya the most responsible for their crimes and her messed up life than others who did commit mistakes and paid such heavy price for their mistakes...i hope she finds peace in the end and others especially Ayaan gets a happily ever after

Okie the rant is over!

(PS. - I still hope that makers reveal the secret of Maya's 9th birthday)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Megha-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Completely agree S1was amazing until Arya marriage after that I kinda lost interest 😆

Nevertheless Maya was really an intriguing character How I wished that they would have kept the murders as a secret n not revealed that she was behind it, it wud have left some work thrill in the show.

Anyways looks like the makers r sticking to their original concept, only wish is they reveal her sach n what happnd on 9th Bday part.
Fernandes43 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very comprehensive covering almost all main characters in your perspective!

Saanjh finally gets a child with the help of Maya for loss of her father!
Arjun already got Jhanvi as a replacement for Vandana! Besides, he got a wife ,family & status!
He might not get beyhadh love & perhaps still be missing Maya, in rest of his life! His thoughts will continue to stay with her, as she left 'her shawl' with him to keep it for ever!
Suman lost Prem but then, she got a better son-in-law, than Samay!
Jhanvi got a new daughter to take care of her! But , I believe she might be perhaps left with lingering guilt ridden thoughts on Maya whom perhaps she could have guided to live a life of her own before she met Arjun!
Ayaan lives with Aarohi & perhaps he might re-unite with his brother, we don't know!

And Maya- finally Maya leaves everyone, really?

I doubt that!

She can't leave her Arjun, even after her death! Perhaps, she may stay with him in his heart & mind, hoping for her next janam!
And hopefully, that stays blissful for her, if ever, it happens!
Edited by Fernandes43 - 7 years ago
anshvi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fernandes43

Very comprehensive covering almost all main characters in your perspective!

Saanjh finally gets a child with the help of Maya for loss of her father!
Arjun already got Jhanvi as a replacement for Vandana! Besides, he got a wife ,family & status!
He might not get beyhadh love & perhaps still be missing Maya, in rest of his life! His thoughts will continue to stay with her, as she left 'her shawl' with him to keep it for ever!
Suman lost Prem but then, she got a better son-in-law, than Samay!
Jhanvi got a new daughter to take care of her! But , I believe she might be perhaps left with lingering guilt ridden thoughts on Maya whom perhaps she could have guided to live a life of her own before she met Arjun!
Ayaan lives with Aarohi & perhaps he might re-unite with his brother, we don't know!

And Maya- finally Maya leaves everyone, really?

I doubt that!

She can't leave her Arjun, even after her death! Perhaps, she may stay with him in his heart & mind, hoping for her next janam!
And hopefully, that stays blissful for her, if ever, it happens!

Yes

And that is how life is bitter as well as sweet
These characters on one hand lost so much while on the other gathered the courage to start a new life and protect what was left of it...these characters made mistakes and suffered a great deal but they also did good deeds and enjoyed it's fruit.

I think Maya will get a redemption in the end and might find peace...but She will remain in memories of all coz she is not someone anyone can forget easily not the Beyhadh characters nor the viewers.

The dupatta symbolism may finally come into play in the climax.

anshvi thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Megha--

Completely agree S1was amazing until Arya marriage after that I kinda lost interest 😆

Nevertheless Maya was really an intriguing character How I wished that they would have kept the murders as a secret n not revealed that she was behind it, it wud have left some work thrill in the show.

Anyways looks like the makers r sticking to their original concept, only wish is they reveal her sach n what happnd on 9th Bday part.

I have enjoyed this show for the most part...season 1 was my favourite...i enjoyed everything back then even ArYa and Maya's antics.

Even after that it was a good watch but then I feel after the extension the story has become very melo dramatic , for God's sake this is a show called Beyhadh and not 'Kabhi Sautan Kabhi Saheli'.

I was expecting more thrills towards the end , more twists and dark turns and a thrilling climax

This show started with a bang and should have ended the same way but the way things are going it seems we will get a disapponting, lacklustre climax devoid of any thrill or twists. Sigh !

I never had problem with the storyline...the problem was slow pace , loose ends , tracks which were stretched like rubber and often had so many bloopers and loopholes...otherwise if i look at this show at least untill before the extension then it has been entertaining.

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
You summed up pretty well.
The other people were flawed (definitely not saints) but then they did only mistakes and no crime, hence the punishment they got were such which could never be reverted but at least they could get some solace with other goods they got in Life

But Maya did crimes which were too severe and her only punishment could have been to lose everything. (She didn't just punish who did wrong to her but also killed people like Mansi who trusted her with pure heart)
SRKLuvr thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Maya had mental illness though...of which she was never cured. The cvs have chosen to gloss over that part recently but her mental instability was what has caused all the problems.
anshvi thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKLuvr

Maya had mental illness though...of which she was never cured. The cvs have chosen to gloss over that part recently but her mental instability was what has caused all the problems.

Maya obviously is not a normal person or so it seems...i really wish makers will clarify if she was suffering from any mental disorder or not and if yes then what along with the 9 year old secret.

Fernandes43 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anshvi

Maya obviously is not a normal person or so it seems...i really wish makers will clarify if she was suffering from any mental disorder or not and if yes then what along with the 9 year old secret.

And if this part is skipped without any reasonable explanation when the show finally ends- the only inevitable conclusion one can make is that, such a thing never existed in the first place- as we tend to keep assuming as THE FACTOR which is very strongly believed by some, to be the root cause of Maya's abnormal behaviour!!
Edited by Fernandes43 - 7 years ago
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: SRKLuvr

I don't think she had mental disorders because if she had she would have mentioned in the court during her trial if that was done she would have never be imprisoned (forget being a death penalty), I think that mental illness was also one of the illusions of Maya