Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lecter thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
@HadhSeZyada someone here who loves Kdramas. But not see the one you're talking about. I will take a look.
HadhSeZyada thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lecter:
I love, love, love Kdramas. HiFi buddy!
It was released in 2015 with kinda low ratings, hence it's not as famous as the others. I think Korea loves that signature cutesy cheezy infamous romance genre of theirs like we love our overstretched bullshit of shows lol.

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Hadhsejyada whenever pyscho thriller comes all I can remember is Mary Higgin Clarke's books. Beautiful thrillers. Especially there is a book " You Belong to Me" , I simply loved it. A thriller's beauty is in the last page. After watching brilliantly scripted Malayalam thriller movies and reading thriller fiction for long a tame end for Beyhadh looks not at all thrilling, just a normal drama.
Do you know Malayalam, if not do check out these movies with English Sub Titles. Yavanika, Uttaram, CBI diary kurup, Jaagratha, Truth, Oru Abhibhaskante Case diary, Nariman, Classmates( This is a cult classic)
Psycho thriller nobody can negate Manichitrathazhu, though it is there in many other languages including Hindi as Bhool Bhulaiyya, the original Malayalam is at a different level. National Award winning performance by Shobhana as the MPD patient, equally supported by Mohanlal was the maverick psychiatrist. This is Legecy of the movie as per wiki , and I do agree to it as far as its TV rating goes. Because even now I sit and watch this movie. Dont know how many times I have watched and know most of the dialogues by heart, but still that scene " Vidamatte" along with the BGM ( you wont leave me) send chills down the spine.

Legacy[edit]

Manichitrathazhu is hailed as one of the best films ever made in Malayalam cinema.[6] The film has consistently fetched maximum ratings for its television screenings.[6] Even twenty years after its release it has been screened more than 12 times a year on an average on Kerala's leading TV channel, Asianet.[6] The film has received the maximum TRP rating on every screening; TRP ratings have increased every year, a rare record for a film produced in Kerala.[6][17]

In a 2013 online poll by IBN Live, Manichitrathazhu was listed second in India's Greatest Film of All Time. The poll was conducted as part of the celebration of Indian cinema completing 100 years. The poll constituted a list of 100 films from different Indian languages.[5] As per the statistics of 2015, Manichitrathazhu is the most reviewed horror film ever in IMDb, surpassing Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho (1960) with 2517 reviews.[18]

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HadhSeZyada

Lecter:

I love, love, love Kdramas. HiFi buddy!
It was released in 2015 with kinda low ratings, hence it's not as famous as the others. I think Korea loves that signature cutesy cheezy infamous romance genre of theirs like we love our overstretched bullshit of shows lol.

Haha, I have definitely heard Korean people complaining about how bad their TV shows are. I was thinking at that time that they can definitely not be as bad as Indian shows 😆

Anyways, I watched some episodes of I Remember You, looks promising. Thanks for the recommendation.
Y12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Beyhadfan

On vibhas insta story a couple of days ago...Jenny was sitting there with a huge baby bump.

Well I think a baby will be born, I saw a baby in Vibha's IG story but I think surrogate its not Maya. It's a plan that saanjun made to trap maya i guess. They were in some hospital so baby for sure. And Saanjh is wearing sindoor etc so Arjun didnt die or they didnt divorce.
Edited by Y12345 - 7 years ago
Lecter thumbnail
@shruthi you love mary higgins clark. 👍🏼 I read most of her books.
Y12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for the recommendation
Even I dont watch Hindi shows apart from D3 and Beyadh(flop)

Because of you, I want to watch EHT now Shruti
Edited by Y12345 - 7 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Lecter my favourite is Jeffrey Archer. I loved reading his latest clifton series. What an end man. It was so emotional. Love story of Harry Clifton and Emma Clifton was epic 😃. His best will always be Kane and Abel.
Then of course all the thriller writers come Sydney Sheldon, Mary Higgins Clarke, Arthur Hailey, Ken Follett, Robin Cook, Robert Ludlum etc..
I cant read cheesy romantic books. I tried Mills and Boons. Couldnt continue. I tried Nicholas Spark. I loved " Evening to Remember" but couldnt connect with anything else. Danielle Steel couple of books I liked in this genre " Promise" and " To Love Again".

Actually Dev-Durga of Ek Hasina Thi is heavily taken from Promise which is also a Hindi movie Yeh Vaada Raha( Movie is boring and dragging, book is excellent and emotionally fulfilling). I dont read modern Indian authors much. Reason is simple. They dont push the envelope and glorify hypocrisy while the western fiction is layered and bring out the essence mostly the right way. Indian mytho, Indian history, Kalidasa classics and old Hindi books that was written prior to 90s holds my attention.

@Y12 if I get started on EHT, it will never end. I simply love that show 😆😆 especially the pen ultimate episode. Though love story is almost nil in the show, but still the romance of Dev and Durga I loved it to the core.
Lecter thumbnail
@shruthi jeffrey archer. I don't know him but I will take a look.

Danielle steele : the promise (Michael and Nancy) and To love Again (Isabelle). Good books.

😆 books from Mills &boon are very cheesy. There is one for everyone's taste.

I started EHT and they should have taken the same writers for beyhadh.

shruthiravi thumbnail
Most beautiful and emotional scenes of EHT were the moment Dev walks on the fire to deliver the blind trust of Nithya on him. " Dev you are the only one on whom I can trust blindly" says she. That soul restoration process for a scarred woman before she loses herself in the abyss.
In Beyhadh that's the part which is missing. A woman has come thinking a man as her light. But all that is seen is endless abyss of darkness. A big darkness than the one she has come out and built the F&C.