Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
@Y12 the question is good. Why Krishna didnt establish dharma himself. Why he made Arjuna fight the war. You are right to a great extend in understanding BG, I will explain a bit more. We are born as humans. We have been given a thinking brain and a working heart. If God can do everything, why are we send here. Why? Because he expects us to get the knowledge acquire wealth and power through right means, and use it for the betterment of this world. You need not fight a big war or anything. Even if you show humanity, even if you help people in your capacity that becomes your service to him. Simply karmayoga. It is like his power is on one side and he is with you, directing you to take away his power that is not relevant with respect to the times. In nutshell he is asking us to live, not die, live in present. Maya is always in past and future, but it is not there in present. Present is the truth, what you do in present create the memories and the hope for future.
When people say things are happening without doing anything, they need to understand someone else is doing their job and we need to be thankful. People talk about miracles. How does miracle happen, it is through people who heed God's direction and spend their time and effort in bringing the change. And all changes have visible and invisible collateral damages. If we say collateral damage is not acceptable we will have to write off our freedom struggle as there were enough victims on both sides of the border when partition of India happened on 15th Aug-1947. Most of them were collateral damages, the price of our freedom.

If you see the show the collateral damage happened because of Duffer-Dusky friendship, the friendship that gave Duffer to do anything he wants. That was the cause, Maya was the effect. Life doesnt come in that Duffer-Dusky friendship, only death looms. Life comes only in Arjun and Maya's love, when Dusky becomes a medium and not take Maya's place. This is what Maya understood in BG. Maya could have easily walked away in S1 from that toxic friendship than become the effect of that toxic friendship and become bad and mad. She couldnt. But in the end she goes away from that toxic friendship for ever leaving the symbol of the love she had for Arjun.

Now coming to destruction we need to understand creation and destruction are part of life. To sustain life creation and destruction has to happen. Depending on time what is harmful for life has to be destroyed, what is needed for life has to be preserved. Now how to decide the what needs to be destroyed, what needs to be preserved. If we understand BG we will get the knowledge, how to destroy ego, how to preserve empathy. How to burn and become a lamp. How to live life in present. How to use wealth and power for betterment of society. How to stand up for injustice. It will teach you to accept the tamoguna in you and direct you to burn it the right way and use it for the right cause.

Edited by shruthiravi - 6 years ago
Y12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@Shruti: No, I am so bad at MB, I keep understand weird questions all the time, and everytime I read it, another question pop up. Thanks for answering. You are right, but I can't help thinking why he didnt stop that, when he was there himself.He had a lot of influence on the war, and he could predict the future so that was used to his advantage. Imagine, Lord Krishna without MB. Would things had happened the way it did?
In real life, we do not always have someone to guide us right? Take Maya example, she had no guide. Yet she won her war. And sometimes, even if we have, we have to use things like treachery, even blackmailing for a good cause.
And probably, Maya used treachery, in the final scene by leaving the gun empty. So she did follow the path of Lord Krishna at the end.

Things like with Pride comes failure, see what Dusky got. Half knowledge kills, it falls into beyhadh.

All this would have happned if people would be kind to each other. If people would love each other instead of judging. If VM and Co would have been kind. MB was triggered the day Drapaudi was disrobed, and MB in beyhadh started not the day Ashwin started abusing maya, but the day of ArYA wedding.

It's 2017, and the world could be a better place, if we are just kind.

PS:I still can't figure out if MB was fought for selfish reasons, or for goodness.

Edited by Y12345 - 6 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Dear MB is complex. Everytime you read it you get new perspective. It is not that we dont get guide, we dont seek guide. Because if you want to travel in the path of what Krishna says it is a difficult thing. Because it is his plan and not your plan. It is hard to keep first step, as you go it becomes harder, then worse and you will feel no way out. If you can hold on that moment you will see the light and the truth. I have personally travelled this path. It was not at all easy. But I dont regret walking that path. Because what I got walking in that path was internal peace. I got rid of lot of fears including what people will think about me. I do what I feel like doing if my conscience is clear. I believe now more in Karma, its correlations.
The war is in your mind and it is for you how to win it. Maya finally found the light and peace. But Dusky can never find it, because her demands wont end, her desires wont end.

Coming to destruction if you take that path a lot of things about you will get destroyed. Most importantly your ego.
640117 thumbnail
Thanks Shruti.

I left watching the show from the time Maya had another miscarriage. I was too annoyed and disheartened. This show and Maya was effecting me too much and giving me anxiety, etc. No show and character had effected me before such way. Then I heard from my family angrily about the end suddenly on Oct 28. They were extremely disappointed, angry and annoyed with the end as until now they were watching the show only to see Maya killing both Arjun and Saanjh. They hated them especially Jhanvi, but they were happy Maya won at last. That's how I found the end as I thought the show was supposed to end on Nov 7?

Anyway, I had mostly expected Maya to die in the end, but what annoys me that Cvs still never showed flashback of Maya's 9 years old memory. Nor did they expose Ashwin or Jhanvi. 😑Also, they didn't show no guilt from the other woman, home-destroyer Saanjh and cheater Arjun's part nor did they realize their wrongs. Instead till the end they acted as if they are some victims. Also, Maya never realized her wrongs in killing Mansi, and the other woman. I wanted at the end at least all these characters to know their wrongs and truth to come out, but Truth never came out and they all remained same and continued their craziness. And most importantly, Ashwin was never exposed and Maya never got justice. I thought at least in the end Cvs would do all that, but no they never did.

The good I liked was Maya winning in the end, her having good ending and miserable ending for Arjun and Saanjh especially in this case Arjun as life full of guilt is much worse than having no love or family. Having guilt doesnt leave one no where and give the person no peace especially over a dead person. Anyway, though I would have liked the best and rightful ending for Maya which wouldve been her finding love and her getting justice. But her dying was second best ending. Finally she got peace and she won. So I was fine. Though, I felt extremely sad in her ending scene, I was happy too that she finally will get rid of these hypocrite evil people and will have no more cruelty, betryals,hypocrisy and abuse from them anymore and will be gone from them finally.

That's why I am NOT sure If I am satisfied With the ending or nor & the Show overall as It had both good happening In the ending but bad too because Truth never came out neither justice was served.
Edited by _Darling_ - 6 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Darling I had mentioned in my last review that I was neither elated nor disappointed in the end. Not elated because of the reasons you mentioned. Not disappointed because finally it is not that Arjun didnt do anything, he became a murderer to save his Dusky that too from a perceived threat than an actual threat. It is not going to go easily for neither Duffer nor Dusky, especially after Maya had given them the baby girl. Yes they were thankless, always thankless for what she gave. She was always bad and mad. Truth of that bad and mad was the empty pistol. It was their perception that made her a threat, she was not a threat. Metaphor Maya was beautifully opened, but the woman her actions were not opened.
But one thing is that Maya became iconic. Sony got away with her πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. They were able to make audience connect with Maya and her pain.
Y12345 thumbnail
That's what usually happens in the society. People make big talks on equality but when it comes to them, then no one gives a woman a job.
People claim to accept people who have any mental illness but throw dirt at them behind their back, when it is their time to lend a helping hand.

This is called double standards. Vandy, Saanjh & co claim to be eipitomes of goodness, but at the end, when they had to lift a girl from darkness, they just back out. That girl is pushed away by the same people, who made big claims yet those people find it acceptable. When you mentioned Nirbhaya, in previous posts, this got me thinking that people are showing sympathy for her when she is dead but if she would have alive, that same society would have killed her alive by taunting her, and rejecting her. They would have said stuffs like " it's better to die than to be raped, she lost her honour, her life is over and some would have blamed her for going out late at night etc.

A sad truth of our society. Same, only when Maya died, that Saanjh and Arjun cried buckets of water, and also Sony made a tribute for her lol.
To throw awareness on rapes, Nirbhaya had to lose her life, and here for these sane people to understand, the price she had to pay with her life and also the life of others.

Shruti, your analysis of metaphor Maya is brilliant. I dont know if makers intended that with the empty pistol or it was just a move, with no thinking behind by the team. But I would go with your analysis always <3
Edited by Y12345 - 6 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Y12 dear I know Cinevistaas the PH from childhood. Their junoon was a masterpiece it was modern MB, but I was not mature enough to analyze it at that point as I was just doing my plus 2. Then there was Ghutan, another beauty from them and of course Ek hazaroein mein meri behna hai and EHT. All their shows has mytho connect and they take unique themes. Their leading ladies are different, whether Mini Mathur of Junoon, Manvi of Ek Hazaroein Mein, Durga of EHT or Maya of Beyhadh. Their leading ladies have walked away with awards and so has been their shows.
I am not telling it is perfect, but they were a force to reckon with before Ekta Maiyya came to soap scene and messed it up big time. My mom remembers still stories from them like Gul Gulshan Gulfham. Cinevistaas always opened up hypocrisy in the most satirical way. You always laugh at the hypocrisy than feel for hypocrites. They have a penchant for this. I love their shows, you need some patience to understand the concept, it will be always layered and they dont shy away from creating different characters. Without them intending to bring in Maya the metaphor, I wouldnt have been able to analyze the metaphor. You cant, as I said I write fiction, when each part was written, I used to get readers comments. They were not far off the mark, though not completely right, they were not completely wrong either. And there were 2-3 ppl who simply managed to get to the root of what I was trying to express because they knew my writing style. So if the author doesnt intend, the viewer cannot see it. You cannot analyze from thin air.

By the way try this Pakistani Drama Yakeen ka Safar. 29 episodes. Beautiful story, very touching. You can watch it in YT.

Y12345 thumbnail
Will try it Shruti. Thank you
shruthiravi thumbnail
I just came to see whether this forum was still open as I had always said Beyhadh needed a retrospective viewing to understand it layers as it dealt with Maya the metaphor. So I did go back to some episodes and I am putting an analysis where I had managed to connect the hanging dots and lose hanging symbolism.
Arjun says to Saanjh in first episode what is seen with eyes doesnt happen and what happens is not seen. To everyone concerned Saanjh is seen as the most important person of Arjun's life and that includes Arjun. But Maya the girl comes and in front of Lord unknowingly keeps her feet in Saanjh's foot prints, so as per Ganesha she is the most important person of Arjun's life who will give him all that he wants.

Now let us see how this plays out. What is Arjun before meeting Maya or the so called Duffer of Dusky. An irresponsible young man, who has not completed his studies, who dreams but doesnt work hard to make those dreams come true. Is lonely as his relation with his step mom is not good. His world revolves round Dusky and Dusky alone. But none has issue of any of these habits of Arjun Sharma because you know Dusky is trying to change him, but he is not changing.

This irresponsible faltu young man who breaks rules at will and who is not disciplined is what Maya gets. She disciplines him, she brings work ethics to him, she brings him closer to his mother, she brings him out of his hospital fear, when he is accused wrongly, her teachings, her sermons, her dialogues gives him courage to fight it out and prove his innocence( In jail Arjun remembers what Maya told and based on that only he breaks the jail and fights it out, when Saanjeshwari Devi sits and cries) . Infact Saanjeswari Devi gets a sober husband, a responsible family man in which her contribution in making him that is nil.

When Arjun wanted name and fame and when he was associated with Maya everyone cried foul. But when Devi wanted child and Maya was going to give that it was fine. Remember when Arjun married Maya she was still not proven a criminal, but when Saanjh brings Maya she is a convict who had jumped jail.

Also Saanjh is so crazy for child, not satisfied with her sober husband just the way she was not happy having a loving family and a really good father Prem Mathur. And Saanjh's craziness for baby finally makes the somber, responsible Arjun into a murderer. While at the same time Maya the girl had given him name, fame, work ethics and a child everything a woman can give man. With Maya the girl he became a successful entrepreneur and a responsible family man. With the Maya called Saanjh in the beginning he was an irresponsible and arrogant Duffer and in the end he became a murderer. And yes he remained Dusky's duffer or idiot till the end not realizing this truth that Maya the girl was not the Kala saaya of his life, but the Maya called Saanjh was the Kaala Saaya of his life. He had killed the woman who gave him everything to be stranded with a woman who can give him nothing and can only crib and take whatever she wants from him.

He wanted to escape the bondage of Maya the girl, but he ended up in life long bondage of Maya called Saanjh as they share a secret that Arjun is a murderer. With Maya the girl it was always bad, if he could take his share of blame in that relation he could have had a good marriage, but with Maya called Saanjh he is the criminal, he is the duffer and to keep it floating he always will have to bend.

Arjun killed his Maya to be in the bondage of Maya forever.
Y12345 thumbnail
Hi shruti.
How are you ?

You know, you should be the writer of this since you understandthe layers, I bet the writers, were not even so deep and throw glitters in vievers' eye to make Saanjun, 'rock'