which charecter u hate most? - Page 5

Poll

which charecter u hate most in this serial?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

an_am thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
people dont hate maya only because jennifer is playing it. they would have surely hated her if some other actress lets say aneri was playing it.
it is all about fan following of actors and favorite couples. fans can go to any extent to defend their fav actors and actresses.
none of these fans would like to have a spouse like maya in real life. not even a friend or relative like her.
saanjh's hypocrisy is not bigger than maya's. the way maya planned things in asylem and came out like a satti savitri is the biggest hypocrisy in itself.
arjun and saanjh did not turn her into a criminal. she was a criminal way before. the way he manipulated samay and used him for her own benefits shows her inner evil. samay was not attracted to her when he first met her. but she manipulated him just like she did with arjun. only difference is she wanted samay's property then. and she wanted to make arjun her property in later case.
there is no bigger selfish person than maya in the serial who kills people like flies just for her selfish love. she killed arjun's relatives. she did not even care for arjun whom she claimed to love the most.
saanjh, arjun and other characters may be dumb and flawed but maya's presence makes them seem almost angelic.
in the end, its all about fav celebrity nothing else.
Edited by --ria-- - 7 years ago
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: dexter3108

This may be your observation from your sample set but still it is better to refrain from making sexist comments like these without any real concrete basis. This is like all other baseless stereotypes like "Girls are bad drivers", "Blondes are dumb" and infinite others.

I should have re-phrased that to "Men are not good judges of women's characters". Maybe they judge their own sex better. Many times men fail to judge a woman's character or intentions correctly because they assume that a woman cannot manipulate them. Or maybe they think that woman are not as smart as they are. Therefore they don't realise when they are being outsmarted.

In the case of Maya, I think Arjun DID know how smart she was. But he didnt know what that smartness was a cover for. A certain level of insanity. He didnt realise Maya was playing him from day dot and she had the control in every sense. He really was so naive about what he was getting into. Even now he thinks he can beat her, but the truth is, he cant! If he was a good judge of character, by now he would have figured that out!
Edited by MrDarcyfan - 7 years ago
FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fernandes43

First things first!That is stick to only what is said!
@Red: Picked from your post for clarification!
1. "You are saying as if everyone in the story was meant to be hated and the one who is hated the most wins the race."
I did not say anything like that, did I?
I said only," And you find him getting only 13 negative votes while Saanjh leads the show ahead of Maya!" which is a reiteration of fact, that is available for everyone to see!
Interpretation of a particular statement is a choice made by the person, not by the person who stated merely a fact!
The word 'show' refers to the' poll' in question and not the TV show!

By the way, what is the context of all these things?
There is a poll! A list of names are put up here, asking to vote for the character u hate most! And if one chooses to play this game, then play it! If not interested, alright- it is just a choice to begin with!
Of course, every poll is a race! If voting happens, there will be a winner & some losers! What is new or surprising about it ?
It was not me who asked for such an opinion or even conducting a poll like that! So , where does this charge come from?

2,"This is not a sad compliment to the great performance from JW, this is one of the greatest compliment for her performance. From time immemoriaI people have loved negative characters and at the same time praised their exceptional performances. Loving a negative character doesn't mean that the actor hasn't done a good job. You are creating a false choice here which I disagree with here".
- Why is it a sad compliment?
One is happy that actor is doing well but not happy because character is not!
So, sad for the character & compliment for actor! That is one way of looking at it!

Another way is,

People love negative characters - Agreed! no dispute!
Loving a negative character doesn't mean the actor hasn't done a good job! Very True!!
- If the Actor is playing a grey character only slipping into dark shades -as JW commented in her own words, in social media sometime ago
- & If she is very proud about it & calls it as the best character ever played by her
then, one can still compliment her & call a spade as a spade, without mincing words, right?

Love the spade in stead of hating it, that is an individual choice! Who can disagree?
Calling a character as grey or black or negative is one thing!
Loving such a character is another thing!
One can always take a stand, yes I agree with JW but I don't hate her character Maya! That is one kind of compliment!
On the other hand, I do agree with actor as she is clearly portraying dark shades of her character! But Maya is despicably bad, deserving hate- even though her depiction or characterisation is done very well! ! This is also a compliment!
First one is a clear dilemma if not hypocrisy! And hence I found it sad - in my opinion!
Second one is just being honest with one's own moral compass! And if indeed so, it is a very candid assessment as I would like to put it!

"She works so hard to portray -as real as it could get- when playing an obsessive psycho but she comes only second in the race!"

It is quite clear what the intimation is from this sentence. Playing with words is not going to change that.

She works so hard to portray -as real as it could get- when playing an obsessive psycho. She comes second in the race."
This is a reiteration of the fact. The difference is clearly visible.

Anyways, my point is not this. My point is JW doesn't intend that Maya comes first in this race/poll. Your sorry/sad feelings for Maya or JW or whatever, is just based on your interpretation of Maya's character which you are entitled to. But your interpretation is different from the mindset of the actor.

By the way, I wouldn't even bother to use grey/black/spade for Maya's character because she is a poorly written character.
Edited by dexter3108 - 7 years ago
Fernandes43 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dexter3108

"She works so hard to portray -as real as it could get- when playing an obsessive psycho but she comes only second in the race!"

It is quite clear what the intimation is from this sentence. Playing with words is not going to change that.

She works so hard to portray -as real as it could get- when playing an obsessive psycho. She comes second in the race."
This is a reiteration of the fact. The difference is clearly visible.

Anyways, my point is not this. My point is JW doesn't intend that Maya comes first in this race/poll. Your sorry/sad feelings for Maya or JW or whatever, is just based on your interpretation of Maya's character which you are entitled to. But your interpretation is different from the mindset of the actor.

By the way, I wouldn't even bother to use grey/black/spade for Maya's character because she is a poorly written character.

I appreciate your views!
It is not very important if we think in the same way or not! It was a good discussion-I believe & let us leave it at that!
Zorinacatherine thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --ria--

people dont hate maya only because jennifer is playing it. they would have surely hated her if some other actress lets say aneri was playing it.

it is all about fan following of actors and favorite couples. fans can go to any extent to defend their fav actors and actresses.
none of these fans would like to have a spouse like maya in real life. not even a friend or relative like her.
saanjh's hypocrisy is not bigger than maya's. the way maya planned things in asylem and came out like a satti savitri is the biggest hypocrisy in itself.
arjun and saanjh did not turn her into a criminal. she was a criminal way before. the way he manipulated samay and used him for her own benefits shows her inner evil. samay was not attracted to her when he first met her. but she manipulated him just like she did with arjun. only difference is she wanted samay's property then. and she wanted to make arjun her property in later case.
there is no bigger selfish person than maya in the serial who kills people like flies just for her selfish love. she killed arjun's relatives. she did not even care for arjun whom she claimed to love the most.
saanjh, arjun and other characters may be dumb and flawed but maya's presence makes them seem almost angelic.
in the end, its all about fav celebrity nothing else.

Very very true.If Maya character was done by a lady who usually plays villain roles in other soaps...then i think all would have hated Maya way before when she started distancing saanjh and arjun just after she felt fondness for Arjun...and by this time people would have killed her with words...
But here since its played by jenny ...everyone became blind...
IF our own child is doing bad deeds...our extreme love for them shouldn't cloud the differenciation between right and wrong...and we as a parent should be able to tell the wrong as wrong...Here people are sooo blinded that they became sadists...and are unemotional seeing people getting killed and tortured...a single person's childhood trauma is weighed against a lot of peoples lives...kya zamana aagaya...
I_LoveYou_Kanha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

@Fernandes43:

No it's not coz people love JW, or she didnt present Maya in the right way enough to be hated, or that Maya is not Beyhadh enough. She IS Beyhadh and Beyhadh is her. Quite literally. However, Maya has always retained a certain level of vulnerability which has made people relate to her, or at least stand outside and watch her and still not be able to completely be turned off by her.

For me, watching Maya is like an out of body experience. She has done things which make you cringe. She is a criminal, a killer. We KNOW all that. This is not about justifying her coz she is NOT justifiable in any way. At least I know that and I think most of the audience does too. But why is it that we dont hate her to the utmost extent? Some of it is to do with how Maya is written, and then also how Maya is performed. I feel JW elevated Maya. What was lacking in the writing, she made up with her acting. Someone else playing Maya may not have had the same effect. I think a great deal of what Maya is, comes from the nuanced performance of her.

One example I will give from recent episodes. Maya is irredeemable at this point, and she busts out of jail this time by faking her death. Then she goes straight to Arjun's house. She watches Arjun, with that old longing in her eyes. Then she sees Saanjh and she hesitates as she feels some pinch, some pain. But she still keeps watching. THEN she sees the child. Arohi. She does a double take. She freezes and then that Pain, that intense agony that comes into her eyes. The tears that well up and she takes a step back. Her devastation is clear in that one split second. I had tears in my eyes. Maya's pain was palpable. The ONE thing that she could not bear was seeing Arjun and Saanjh with that little girl. The love she lost, the life she lost, the Child she lost. It all came back in one second, and JW showed us THAT second. She made it real. So THAT is the reason why people continue to watch Maya and continue to want to. She is simply the life of Beyhadh. So no matter what, most people cannot hate her, because even though a killer and a mental patient, Maya still retains a semblance of humanity in her most vulnerable moments, which make her Real to us!

Hope that made sense! :)

Woww...you wrote it beautifully...actually they way Maya's character is written and performed, audience can connect to her in spite of her crimes, that is why majority of audience is like "neither hate her nor love her'