which charecter u hate most? - Page 4

Poll

which charecter u hate most in this serial?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

@ Fernandes43:

The Poll Question should have been "Who do you BLAME the most?". Then Arjun would have won.

Here people are too busy hating Maya and Saanjh to see who is the person most to blame in this mess, and as USUAL, it is a Man! A Man with his short-sightedness and his inability to see the truth of what he is dealing with. Most men are obtuse and insensitive. Arjun is no different. They usually don't see what is most obvious. Women can see that and even things that are not so obvious.

That is why women are much better judges of character than men are! They are too literal and women can see the "Subtext!". This is the reason Saanjh and Vandana were able to see the issues with Maya and Arjun could not. Same goes for Maya and even Jhanvi sometimes. They were able to see the subtext when it came to Saanjh and Vandana. Arjun could not.

This may be your observation from your sample set but still it is better to refrain from making sexist comments like these without any real concrete basis. This is like all other baseless stereotypes like "Girls are bad drivers", "Blondes are dumb" and infinite others.
sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@Fernandes I think u are wrong and u simply want fans to see Maya as simply a black and white character and the character has never been played that way by Jennifer and neither has the character been written as simply black and white either.

does maya deserve to be punished for her crimes hell yes there is no doubt about that and u can list all the bad things she has done. but u fail to realise that where some of u who watch her just list her crimes and see it as nothing else others don't. this character at all times even when she is mad and bad there is still something to hook u on her and wanting her to be saved. saved from the world and saved from herself. be it her pain, her humor, her elegance or even her crazy love its kind of endearing to fans who are not into perfect characters. I am not a deluded fan who expects a happy ending for this character nor do I expect any sort of salvation or escape for her after tulsi's death and there is nothing redeemable about her as character anymore and she deserves to be in pain.

BT the problem with this show is that they gave the audience 4 things that will make some of us sympathetic to this character -1 her childhood and 2 implying that she might have some sort of mental imbalance. 3-then they make her react to other characters that brings down her character and hers as well. so we always have an excuse to her bad actions. so it can't be that Jennifer has not portrayed her properly when it is clear that yes she is mad and bad BT we can also relate and sympathize with her and her actions. this is a grey character. the 4th thing that helps the rest of us root for her is that opposite her is 2 very unlikeable and flawed character. saanhj until last season was annoying, creepy, came across as beyhadh as maya and with her background she should have been a normal girl BT she came across as more desperate and worse then maya. that is until she started killing of ppl.

and let's admit it saanhj worked for Arjuns love BT if maya had not been bad and mad she would never get Arjuns love. she can get Arjuns love by default in the show BT that does not mean that she will also get fans love by default as well. and this season I have not had one problem with saanhj( aneri- she is just there and doesn't bother me much) and I like Arjun. I even don't mind their pairing. BT still they have not made me root for them. just coz they supposedly good does not mean I will support hypocrites. the writing as a whole as been too flawed and too in favour of maya for me to support them. so they can scream and make saanhj look as white as snow BT I will always think of her as a despo and number one pathetic.

if u want to see a character who is truly black watch games of throne Ramsay bolton was a truly black. disgusting character I hated his character BT loved his acting. his bad sent shivers down my spine and that was a true black character. I don't think maya has reached this sort of black and her end instead of fans rejoicing some of us will feel pity coz it was a life wasted which had so much of potential. a beyhadh pyaar that never made any sense coz the object of the beyhadh love did not have one quality that was worthy of such a craze.

Edited by sandiab - 7 years ago
SRKLuvr thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fernandes43

I will close my argument on this subject with one final observation!
Maya did get material benefits, status,& most importantly love,exclusive privacy in her married life and what not?! Even she was blessed to be a mother & perhaps would have been a proud mother if only she handled things better!
Well, she could not retain any of it in her life! Even her own mother who was with her since birth moved away from her!
If she is unable to retain good things in life, is it her deficiency or others are responsible?
A smart Maya would have learnt how to live a life successfully!
Perhaps, her destiny is not meant to be that way!
She believes in God! Let us hope He does the justice to her!

I don't agree with that. She got material benefits. In no way does that equate to happiness and sukoon. I don't think privacy is a factor either. It certainly didn't help her mental illness to have been insulted by Vandana and denied a family. Arjun didn't help her in those three years he just tried to leave her and that made her mental condition worse. Her child was taken from her in a miscarriage. That too at the very end of the pregnancy. That is horrible. Her mother might have been staying with her but time and again, as we saw she put Ashwin over her need to protect her daughter. She was so crazy blind in her husband's love, she did nazar-andaaz to Maya's pain. How is it that in so many years Maya was never cured? What exactly did her mother do to help her? She should have removed Ashwin from Maya's life the first time he tortured her. Instead, she just kep watching silently. Then many times she blamed Maya for not forgiving him. Poor Maya's life was torture, then mental illness from which she has yet not been able to overcome.
Fernandes43 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dexter3108

You are saying as if everyone in the story was meant to be hated and the one who is hated the most wins the race. This is not a sad compliment to the great performance from JW, this is one of the greatest compliment for her performance. From time immemoriaI people have loved negative characters and at the same time praised their exceptional performances. Loving a negative character doesn't mean that the actor hasn't done a good job. You are creating a false choice here which I disagree with here.

Also, I don't understand where people are getting the idea that Maya was meant to be hated when the actor herself repeatedly tries calling her character as grey. Regardless of whether she is grey or not, if JW believes Maya is grey then it is only natural that she will try to portray the character just like that. So she is NOT trying to portray her as a character that is meant to be hated the most and she has achieved incredible success in that despite a pathetic story, writing and screenplay.

First things first!That is stick to only what is said!
@Red: Picked from your post for clarification!
1. "You are saying as if everyone in the story was meant to be hated and the one who is hated the most wins the race."
I did not say anything like that, did I?
I said only," And you find him getting only 13 negative votes while Saanjh leads the show ahead of Maya!" which is a reiteration of fact, that is available for everyone to see!
Interpretation of a particular statement is a choice made by the person, not by the person who stated merely a fact!
The word 'show' refers to the' poll' in question and not the TV show!

By the way, what is the context of all these things?
There is a poll! A list of names are put up here, asking to vote for the character u hate most! And if one chooses to play this game, then play it! If not interested, alright- it is just a choice to begin with!
Of course, every poll is a race! If voting happens, there will be a winner & some losers! What is new or surprising about it ?
It was not me who asked for such an opinion or even conducting a poll like that! So , where does this charge come from?

2,"This is not a sad compliment to the great performance from JW, this is one of the greatest compliment for her performance. From time immemoriaI people have loved negative characters and at the same time praised their exceptional performances. Loving a negative character doesn't mean that the actor hasn't done a good job. You are creating a false choice here which I disagree with here".
- Why is it a sad compliment?
One is happy that actor is doing well but not happy because character is not!
So, sad for the character & compliment for actor! That is one way of looking at it!

Another way is,

People love negative characters - Agreed! no dispute!
Loving a negative character doesn't mean the actor hasn't done a good job! Very True!!
- If the Actor is playing a grey character only slipping into dark shades -as JW commented in her own words, in social media sometime ago
- & If she is very proud about it & calls it as the best character ever played by her
then, one can still compliment her & call a spade as a spade, without mincing words, right?

Love the spade in stead of hating it, that is an individual choice! Who can disagree?
Calling a character as grey or black or negative is one thing!
Loving such a character is another thing!
One can always take a stand, yes I agree with JW but I don't hate her character Maya! That is one kind of compliment!
On the other hand, I do agree with actor as she is clearly portraying dark shades of her character! But Maya is despicably bad, deserving hate- even though her depiction or characterisation is done very well! ! This is also a compliment!
First one is a clear dilemma if not hypocrisy! And hence I found it sad - in my opinion!
Second one is just being honest with one's own moral compass! And if indeed so, it is a very candid assessment as I would like to put it!

Edited by Fernandes43 - 7 years ago
Fernandes43 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sandiab

@Fernandes I think u are wrong and u simply want fans to see Maya as simply a black and white character and the character has never been played that way by Jennifer and neither has the character been written as simply black and white either.

does maya deserve to be punished for her crimes hell yes there is no doubt about that and u can list all the bad things she has done. but u fail to realise that where some of u who watch her just list her crimes and see it as nothing else others don't. this character at all times even when she is mad and bad there is still something to hook u on her and wanting her to be saved. saved from the world and saved from herself. be it her pain, her humor, her elegance or even her crazy love its kind of endearing to fans who are not into perfect characters. I am not a deluded fan who expects a happy ending for this character nor do I expect any sort of salvation or escape for her after tulsi's death and there is nothing redeemable about her as character anymore and she deserves to be in pain.

BT the problem with this show is that they gave the audience 4 things that will make some of us sympathetic to this character -1 her childhood and 2 implying that she might have some sort of mental imbalance. 3-then they make her react to other characters that brings down her character and hers as well. so we always have an excuse to her bad actions. so it can't be that Jennifer has not portrayed her properly when it is clear that yes she is mad and bad BT we can also relate and sympathize with her and her actions. this is a grey character. the 4th thing that helps the rest of us root for her is that opposite her is 2 very unlikeable and flawed character. saanhj until last season was annoying, creepy, came across as beyhadh as maya and with her background she should have been a normal girl BT she came across as more desperate and worse then maya. that is until she started killing of ppl.

and let's admit it saanhj worked for Arjuns love BT if maya had not been bad and mad she would never get Arjuns love. she can get Arjuns love by default in the show BT that does not mean that she will also get fans love by default as well. and this season I have not had one problem with saanhj( aneri- she is just there and doesn't bother me much) and I like Arjun. I even don't mind their pairing. BT still they have not made me root for them. just coz they supposedly good does not mean I will support hypocrites. the writing as a whole as been too flawed and too in favour of maya for me to support them. so they can scream and make saanhj look as white as snow BT I will always think of her as a despo and number one pathetic.

if u want to see a character who is truly black watch games of throne Ramsay bolton was a truly black. disgusting character I hated his character BT loved his acting. his bad sent shivers down my spine and that was a true black character. I don't think maya has reached this sort of black and her end instead of fans rejoicing some of us will feel pity coz it was a life wasted which had so much of potential. a beyhadh pyaar that never made any sense coz the object of the beyhadh love did not have one quality that was worthy of such a craze.

I thank you for responding with a detailed PoV, as seen by you!
I am not the only one to say it -it is the actor playing the role of Maya- calling her- a character migrating from grey & slipping into black shades!!
Maya has already transformed into a character with black shades if not black, entirely!
Now, is the glass half full or half empty? or already full & overflowing- it is a matter of judgement!
That only lies in the eye of beholder!
Who can judge her better? Can the court Judge her?
She is a convicted person for her crimes & she did not have or even offer to defend/ justify her crimes, sometime ago when she received her sentence!
Maya's childhood problems were not even cited as the cause for her crimes! Who can authenticate it with conviction? Can a qualified doctor do that? The doctor cleared her health condition with a clean chit! The so called reasons, failed to come and justify/defend her when it mattered most!
That is what one gets to understand when Jhanvi was accusing Maya in court, ignoring her troubles in childhood! She is supposed to be privy & had witnessed with her own eyes than anyone else!
If Maya can not have her mother on her side, then what to say! Nor she was even interested in defending her own action when an option was given!! Was she not then agreeing, with court verdict?
Maya did every criminal act only for defending her love! Her love was/is Arjun!
If he is not believing anymore that way, then what we can do anything about it?!
Those two are not just failing to support Maya-in her difficult times- in return of her love, she showed them, but actually they want her dead!
They, at least tried to kill her once, purely out of hate!
So, I have no separate opinion to add or subtract than what CVs are showing through these characters!
I can only comment what is shown - not something interpreted conveniently to suit individual perception!
I do not understand still, why it is wrong when a spade is called a spade
- by a court of law giving a clear verdict
-by a doctor refuting & clarifying doubts on her mental balance
- by her own mother pleading for maximum punishment & even planning to take law in her own hands out of frustration, to kill her
-by her ex-husband who is trying to stay away & if possible ready to kill her
-by the actor, herself clearly endorsing Maya as a grey character with shades of black

It is better to be candid than sorry!
Fernandes43 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKLuvr

I don't agree with that. She got material benefits. In no way does that equate to happiness and sukoon. I don't think privacy is a factor either. It certainly didn't help her mental illness to have been insulted by Vandana and denied a family. Arjun didn't help her in those three years he just tried to leave her and that made her mental condition worse. Her child was taken from her in a miscarriage. That too at the very end of the pregnancy. That is horrible. Her mother might have been staying with her but time and again, as we saw she put Ashwin over her need to protect her daughter. She was so crazy blind in her husband's love, she did nazar-andaaz to Maya's pain. How is it that in so many years Maya was never cured? What exactly did her mother do to help her? She should have removed Ashwin from Maya's life the first time he tortured her. Instead, she just kep watching silently. Then many times she blamed Maya for not forgiving him. Poor Maya's life was torture, then mental illness from which she has yet not been able to overcome.

One can only go by what was shown in the show! A doctor testified in the court that Maya wasn't suffering any such serious illness for the court to show her any mercy!
The court heard every argument before giving its verdict, which everyone would hopefully respect, I believe!
Later however her punishment was reduced to only life- on what grounds one is not clear- but she subsequently jumped the prison! now, she is out on revenge- a mission, posing a great threat to her bete noire (s)!
If some more persons were to die,-already Tulsi & Jailor died to open a fresh account of new crimes post court verdict - then, did the court and system render really justice to her former victims & potential future victims?
SRKLuvr thumbnail
Doctor testified that in court then why was she receiving psychiatric treatment since age 9? Why had she been on depression medication and refused medical insurance since then? Why did Arjun take her to psychiatrist? Why did she spend 6 months in metal asylum? Why was a psychiatrist treating her in jail? This story is not consistent lol. Maya had been shown as mentally ill since the beginning and then to give her the death penalty they decided to make her sane lol.
SRKLuvr thumbnail
Saanjh is still the most hated character lol. Probably because she is DUMB. Look what she is doing now organising a DATE for Arjun and Maya lol.
AshVarna thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKLuvr

Saanjh is still the most hated character lol. Probably because she is DUMB. Look what she is doing now organising a DATE for Arjun and Maya lol.

She is not dumb, she is a hypocrite of a higher order and selfish😡😡 She never cared for her family or anybody else except HERSELF
Zorinacatherine thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Can somebody tell me the episode number in which it is stated that Maya is suffering from mental illness...i thought it was Ashwin doing it and spreading it to show her as a mad person so that he can get the property.
What i felt was that Maya never suffered from any mental illness...and now when she has understood that she shouldn't kill Arohi and also telling to jhanvi that jhanvi made her like this...I feel sure that she doesn't have any mental illness...A mentally ill person won't be able to differentiate good and bad and why she is the way she is...Here she knows everything and she knows to control but she doesn't want to control her behaviour.As vandana said...Maya is not bimaar...she is buri...Its a clue from the cvs.
Edited by Zorinacatherine - 7 years ago