which charecter u hate most? - Page 3

Poll

which charecter u hate most in this serial?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fernandes43 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
If someone can hate Maya's character that is understandable, because, that is how the character is scripted & supposed to be delivered to the audience by the cast and crew of the show!
It is what precisely expected from the character if it is presented well -I mean truly- by a very talented actor!
Almost, there is an unanimous opinion that JW is one of the top performers currently in the TV industry! It is also accepted that she has done full justice to the character she played, by a vast majority of her audience!
The media and her piers in the industry shower her with incessant praises! She herself calls this is the best ever character she played in her career, so far!
The S3 season is the best among the lot- the actor makes her choice, categorically!

But why do we find here - then- a huge dichotomy?
Those who appreciate JW's acting skills are not able to certify that Maya is the most hated character or what?
I am not saying everyone is like that but it appears a significant lot have such an indecisive opinion!
This will become obvious if you ask a question -Who is the best actor in the show?
Almost, more than 90% will say, it is JW!
Everyone knows she plays a grey or nearly a black character in the show! There is no doubt on that!
But, if you ask a question who is the most hated character in the show, Maya gets only under 40% of total votes!
What does it mean?
JW is not doing her job properly?
Or, those who are not identifying Maya as most hated character, still feel that Maya has not touched beyhadh levels?
Or, their threshold levels for negativity is far higher, so that Maya is still very much within their tolerable levels?
One is puzzled to understand this phenomenon if a well-played & scripted character gets a lower score compared to another character in the show whose acting skills are often receiving only a mixed verdict!

Edited by Fernandes43 - 7 years ago
SRKLuvr thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fernandes43

If someone can hate Maya's character that is understandable, because, that is how the character is scripted & supposed to be delivered to the audience by the cast and crew of the show!
It is what precisely expected from the character if it is presented well -I mean truly- by a very talented actor!
Almost, there is an unanimous opinion that JW is one of the top performers currently in the TV industry! It is also accepted that she has done full justice to the character she played, by a vast majority of her audience!
The media and her piers in the industry shower her with incessant praises! She herself calls this is the best ever character she played in her career, so far!
The S3 season is the best among the lot- the actor makes her choice, categorically!

<font color="#0000FF">But why do we find here - then- a huge dichotomy?</font>
Those who appreciate JW's acting skills are not able to certify that Maya is the most hated character or what?
I am not saying everyone is like that but it appears a significant lot have such a indecisive opinion!
This will become obvious if you ask a question -Who is the best actor in the show?
Almost, more than 90% will say, it is JW!
Everyone knows she plays a grey or nearly a black character in the show! There is no doubt on that!
But, if you ask a question who is the most hated character in the show, Maya gets only under 40% of total votes!
What does it mean?
JW is not doing her job properly?
Or, those who are not identifying Maya as most hated character, still feel that Maya has not touched beyhadh levels?
Or, their threshold levels for negativity is far higher, so that Maya is still very much within their tolerable levels?
One is puzzled to understand this phenomenon if a well-played & scripted character gets a lower score compared to another character in the show whose acting skills are often receiving only a mixed verdict!

I would say, at least the way I see it - there is a lot of pity for Maya, given we know how she ended up like this and how she was portrayed in the start. I'm not sure that we're meant to hate Maya. Jennifer's acting is brilliant and I've only become a fan of hers after watching her flawless enactment of "Maya.

On the other hand you have Saanjh. She has had a really good upbringing and a happy life, happy and full family. There's no real reason to pity her. She finally got what she always wanted. I think a lot of the hatred for her is because many viewers still love ArYa, and see her as the one who always was a thorn in ArYa's love, can't stand that she is with Arjun now, that ArYa can never be together whilst she is there.
skanthan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKLuvr

Hated all of them at some point. First, Vandana. Horrible. She started hating Maya just because of andh-Vishwas. Insulted her so much. Believed Ashwin despite knowing Maya's past with him. Never gave her a chance at a happy family life.

What else is new?! 😡 Vandana is not the first mother-in-law to hate her daughter-in-law for no reason because of some stupid superstitions or to believe others over her daughter-in-law 😡 and I am sure she will not be the last to do so! 😡

Then hated Saanjh for crossing the boundaries. She failed to understand her friend was now married and she couldn't continue to chipkao to him. That holi day she was telling off Maya. Maya gave her bhaang. She didn't MAKE her dance like that with Arjun. She used to meet Arjun on the sly, knowing that he was lying to Maya. She should have distanced herself from her friend, when he married. That she never understood the boundaries of that relationship is what I always blamed her for. She just wouldn't leave him alone. Wouldn't leave him and Maya alone.

Exactly! 😡 Had I been Arjun, I would have screamed at Saanjh and told her, "Saanjh! Stay out my life and my relationship with Maya! Stay in your limits!" 😡 She was just an annoying kabaab mein haddee and a homewrecker! 😡 No wonder why Maya went all ape s**t on everyone!
Edited by skanthan - 7 years ago
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
@Fernandes43:
No it's not coz people love JW, or she didnt present Maya in the right way enough to be hated, or that Maya is not Beyhadh enough. She IS Beyhadh and Beyhadh is her. Quite literally. However, Maya has always retained a certain level of vulnerability which has made people relate to her, or at least stand outside and watch her and still not be able to completely be turned off by her.

For me, watching Maya is like an out of body experience. She has done things which make you cringe. She is a criminal, a killer. We KNOW all that. This is not about justifying her coz she is NOT justifiable in any way. At least I know that and I think most of the audience does too. But why is it that we dont hate her to the utmost extent? Some of it is to do with how Maya is written, and then also how Maya is performed. I feel JW elevated Maya. What was lacking in the writing, she made up with her acting. Someone else playing Maya may not have had the same effect. I think a great deal of what Maya is, comes from the nuanced performance of her.

One example I will give from recent episodes. Maya is irredeemable at this point, and she busts out of jail this time by faking her death. Then she goes straight to Arjun's house. She watches Arjun, with that old longing in her eyes. Then she sees Saanjh and she hesitates as she feels some pinch, some pain. But she still keeps watching. THEN she sees the child. Arohi. She does a double take. She freezes and then that Pain, that intense agony that comes into her eyes. The tears that well up and she takes a step back. Her devastation is clear in that one split second. I had tears in my eyes. Maya's pain was palpable. The ONE thing that she could not bear was seeing Arjun and Saanjh with that little girl. The love she lost, the life she lost, the Child she lost. It all came back in one second, and JW showed us THAT second. She made it real. So THAT is the reason why people continue to watch Maya and continue to want to. She is simply the life of Beyhadh. So no matter what, most people cannot hate her, because even though a killer and a mental patient, Maya still retains a semblance of humanity in her most vulnerable moments, which make her Real to us!

Hope that made sense! :)
Edited by MrDarcyfan - 7 years ago
SRKLuvr thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

@Fernandes43:

No it's not coz people love JW, or she didntpresent Maya in the right way enough to be hated, or that Maya is not Beyhadh enough. She IS Beyhadh and Beyhadh is her. Quite literally. However, Maya has always retained a certain level of vulnerability which has made people relate to her, or at least stand outside and watch her and still not be able to completely be turned off by her.

For me, watching Maya is like an out of body experience. She has done things which make you cringe. She is a criminal, a killer. We KNOW all that. This is not about justifying her coz she is NOT justifiable in any way. At least I know that and I think most of the audience does too. But why is it that we donthate her to the utmost extent? Some of it is to do with how Maya is written, and then also how Maya is performed. I feel JW elevated Maya. What was lacking in the writing, she made up with her acting. Someone else playing Maya may not have had the same effect. I think a great deal of what Maya is, comes from the nuanced performance of her.

One example I will give from recent episodes. Maya is irredeemable at this point, and she busts out of jail this time by faking her death. Then she goes straight to Arjun's house. She watches Arjun, with that old longing in her eyes. Then she sees Saanjh and shehesitates as she feels some pinch, some pain. But she still keeps watching. THEN she sees the child. Arohi. She does a double take. She freezes and then that Pain, that intense agony that comes into her eyes. The tears that well up and she takes a step back. Her devastation is clear in that one split second. I had tears in my eyes. Maya's pain was palpable. The ONE thing that she could not bear was seeing Arjun and Saanjh with that little girl. The love she lost, the life she lost, the Child she lost. It all came back in one second, and JW showed us THAT second. She made it real. So THAT is the reason why people continue to watch Maya and continue to want to. She is simply the life of Beyhadh. So no matter what, most people cannot hate her, because even though a killer and a mental patient, Maya still retains a semblance of humanity in her most vulnerable moments, which make her Real to us!

And what gets me is that - despite being a murderer she has suffered a lot in life which led to itand always has. She has had a pathetic life in terms of happiness and saath. Bad parents, no friends, no siblings, her in-laws never accepted her and then within a year even Arjun - the love of her life wanted to leave her. NOBODY stood by her nobody gave her the help she desperately needed. Then she lost her child in the very last stage of pregnancy. I don't think she ever saw true selfless love, where somebody genuinely loved nobody but her. And you said right she portrays such vulnerability. Aside from her obvious pain, when she said about missing her child, recently when Aarohi said what was your child's name and she says "ArYa that was a tear-shedding moment totally.
Edited by SRKLuvr - 7 years ago
Fernandes43 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

@Fernandes43:

No it's not coz people love JW, or she didnt present Maya in the right way enough to be hated, or that Maya is not Beyhadh enough. She IS Beyhadh and Beyhadh is her. Quite literally. However, Maya has always retained a certain level of vulnerability which has made people relate to her, or at least stand outside and watch her and still not be able to completely be turned off by her.

For me, watching Maya is like an out of body experience. She has done things which make you cringe. She is a criminal, a killer. We KNOW all that. This is not about justifying her coz she is NOT justifiable in any way. At least I know that and I think most of the audience does too. But why is it that we dont hate her to the utmost extent? Some of it is to do with how Maya is written, and then also how Maya is performed. I feel JW elevated Maya. What was lacking in the writing, she made up with her acting. Someone else playing Maya may not have had the same effect. I think a great deal of what Maya is, comes from the nuanced performance of her.

One example I will give from recent episodes. Maya is irredeemable at this point, and she busts out of jail this time by faking her death. Then she goes straight to Arjun's house. She watches Arjun, with that old longing in her eyes. Then she sees Saanjh and she hesitates as she feels some pinch, some pain. But she still keeps watching. THEN she sees the child. Arohi. She does a double take. She freezes and then that Pain, that intense agony that comes into her eyes. The tears that well up and she takes a step back. Her devastation is clear in that one split second. I had tears in my eyes. Maya's pain was palpable. The ONE thing that she could not bear was seeing Arjun and Saanjh with that little girl. The love she lost, the life she lost, the Child she lost. It all came back in one second, and JW showed us THAT second. She made it real. So THAT is the reason why people continue to watch Maya and continue to want to. She is simply the life of Beyhadh. So no matter what, most people cannot hate her, because even though a killer and a mental patient, Maya still retains a semblance of humanity in her most vulnerable moments, which make her Real to us!

I understand your point of view!
Now, I wish to ask only a few simple questions.
1. Will anyone condone a person who kills a friend for no apparent reason like provocation, or personal enmity? I am talking about Tulsi & Mansi!
2. Will anyone forgive a person who mixes poison for mass consumption, knowing well Children will be the most vulnerable? It was not fatal -that is besides the point!
3. Will anyone accept playing with life of 5-year old kid? It was saved later is not an answer!
4. Will someone try to kill her own mother for just gaining sympathy from her husband??
5. Will someone set-up a rape attempt drama when none happened really?
6. Will a married woman ask another person (other than her husband) to bite her neck, parts of body while she was exactly setting-up someone close to her husband to go to jail?
7. Will someone arrange to marry a girl off, to a man who wanted& used her own body as a tradable commodity?
I can go on adding some more, but I think these examples are good enough to hate a person! I am deliberately omitting her tit for tat killings, because some justification will come, certainly!
I am not going to compare Maya with anyone, particularly with Saanjh! That distraction will again hijack her own case! Maya stands on trial on her own merits or demerits only!
Maya is a misguided person! A victim of childhood! A mentally affected person etc won't cut much ice!
If a tigress becomes a man-eater, we don't keep that animal even in wild jungle! It has to be killed for others safety!
It does not matter even if it is an endangered species (sp) & requires protection under law!

If Ashwin & Rajiv are anti-socials , Maya is not very different!

Fernandes43 thumbnail

And what gets me is that - despite being a murderer she has suffered a lot in life which led to itand always has. She has had a pathetic life in terms of happiness and saath. Bad parents, no friends, no siblings, her in-laws never accepted her and then within a year even Arjun - the love of her life wanted to leave her. NOBODY stood by her nobody gave her the help she desperately needed. Then she lost her child in the very last stage of pregnancy. I don't think she ever saw true selfless love, where somebody genuinely loved nobody but her. And you said right she portrays such vulnerability. Aside from her obvious pain, when she said about missing her child, recently when Aarohi said what was your child's name and she says "ArYa that was a tear-shedding moment totally.

I get what you are saying! Please see my views also, as I have already posted it, as a response!
SRKLuvr thumbnail
We don't condone those things. Already said she has become indefensible. But others are responsible for this because it started when she was a child and she was never helped. We see it from a third person's view. Some mistakes are forgiveable and others are not but we have become attached to Maya's character and feel her pain. We don't disregard the bad deeds but cannot hate her. Others have made her what she is today. I remember she once said that she became so used to pain so much as a child that she was numb to it after. She never saw love in her life. From a young age there was no one to help her or guide her. Her entire existence has been entrapment in pain, loneliness and mental illness. I feel nothing but pity for a girl who never had a pain free moment in her life.

This serial can only logically end with Maya's death. But it's a really sad and horrid way to show an innocent child's life turn out and end up like that.
Fernandes43 thumbnail

We don't condone those things. Already said she has become indefensible. But others are responsible for this because it started when she was a child and she was never helped. We see it from a third person's view. Some mistakes are forgiveable and others are not but we have become attached to Maya's character and feel her pain. We don't disregard the bad deeds but cannot hate her. Others have made her what she is today. I remember she once said that she became so used to pain so much as a child that she was numb to it after. She never saw love in her life. From a young age there was no one to help her or guide her. Her entire existence has been entrapment in pain, loneliness and mental illness. I feel nothing but pity for a girl who never had a pain free moment in her life.

This serial can only logically end with Maya's death. But it's a really sad and horrid way to show an innocent child's life turn out and end up like that.

I will close my argument on this subject with one final observation!
Maya did get material benefits, status,& most importantly love,exclusive privacy in her married life and what not?! Even she was blessed to be a mother & perhaps would have been a proud mother if only she handled things better!
Well, she could not retain any of it in her life! Even her own mother who was with her since birth moved away from her!
If she is unable to retain good things in life, is it her deficiency or others are responsible?
A smart Maya would have learnt how to live a life successfully!
Perhaps, her destiny is not meant to be that way!
She believes in God! Let us hope He does the justice to her!
FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fernandes43

And you find him getting only 13 negative votes while Saanjh leads the show ahead of Maya!
A very sad compliment to a great performance from JW!
She works so hard to portray -as real as it could get- when playing an obsessive psycho but she comes only second in the race!

You are saying as if everyone in the story was meant to be hated and the one who is hated the most wins the race. This is not a sad compliment to the great performance from JW, this is one of the greatest compliment for her performance. From time immemoriaI people have loved negative characters and at the same time praised their exceptional performances. Loving a negative character doesn't mean that the actor hasn't done a good job. You are creating a false choice here which I disagree with here.

Also, I don't understand where people are getting the idea that Maya was meant to be hated when the actor herself repeatedly tries calling her character as grey. Regardless of whether she is grey or not, if JW believes Maya is grey then it is only natural that she will try to portray the character just like that. So she is NOT trying to portray her as a character that is meant to be hated the most and she has achieved incredible success in that despite a pathetic story, writing and screenplay.