What is the correct Picture?

Fernandes43 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
What is the correct Picture?

In IF, ever since the show has taken its dramatic turn since last few months- more precisely, after it was revealed that Maya was indeed the killer of Ashwin- we find often persons heavily complaining & criticising about the intentions of CVs!

The most common charge being that the writers are not sensitive to expectations of the audience!
There is a growing disenchantment with the story -since Maya was being shown more and more negative with every passing episode & track! A sizeable number of people are expressing their unhappiness about it, too!

Some are even more upset that ArYa was broken-up so disastrously, that any chance of their coming together now seems next to impossible and not many are either interested or really liking the pairing of Saanjh-Arjun, post ArYa's break-up!
Then, there is a fascinating argument being, nearly 95% want ArYa and only 5% or less are supporting the current pairing!! The figures might not be truly representing but it conveys the thrust of argument!

But, is that what the view of audience out at large, really? Who can gauge that?

One indicator is TRP!
The TRPs of the show were not at all good at any point of time in the life of this show! One can't boast much as it used to be only hovering in the range of 0.4-0.7! Currently too, the same thing is happening!

The groups of internet audience were the real backbone supporters of the show, all along!The online TRPs were so impressive and the show got such a good support in its heydays- say in the first half of the show - people just kept talking about it, when real TRPs were even down!
Now, what is the picture?
Have the internet audience NOW deserted the show?

Looks like, it may not be the case, if one goes by what Beyhadh twitter fandom claims!
Ref: some of their twitter posts claim that every episode of beyhadh's current track is still receiving huge responses, something like over million hits & some episodes are even trending every other day!
Forget about episodes, even precaps are nowadays trending, an indication of undiminished interest or curiosity levels!
Can one take it like that?
Even media support to the show has not waned, so far! Still, a lot of coverage is there, even though the show is soon to reach its conclusion! There is no let-up in media-buzz , even in the last leg of the show as the reporters are covering the story & feeding the appetite of a section of hungry viewers almost daily!

What about international audience groups?Are they too still giving thumbs up to latest tracks?
There was one twitter post by KT-as reported by Raj Badhaan of Biz asia, sometime in the end August! It was all in praise of the show, saying Beyhdh topped in UK ratings then - a timeline - well after Maya was sent to Jail!

So,looks like nothing much has changed - really, either in TRP or in media responses or even in the enthusiasm levels of net audience- if the reports on episode trending every other day, are indeed correct!

Then, why is there -so much negativity about the current track - only in Forum?
Are the opinions expressed here somewhat clouding and obscuring every one's mind, while the reality elsewhere is apparently very different?
Are we under some kind of maya - I mean an illusion- that the CVs are not really getting the pulse of audience while nothing has changed really in TRP or internet responses?
What do you think?
Edited by Fernandes43 - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I have seen many often express their anger towards the makers for ruining ArYa and Maya's character but in my opinion makers have done a great job by sticking to the original plot and not getting swayed by irrational fan demands or pressure
In my opinion the story was always supposed to be this way...This is not a love story where ArYa were meant to have a happily ever after...This is a romantic thriller which revolves around Maya and her obsession and the concept is still what it was when the show began.

Some say that Maya's character has been butchered but i don't think so...Maya was never supposed to be positive...I liked what Jenny said in her interview 'what is positive or what is negative'...She said that Maya is a crazy girl who does crazy stuff and Maya is exactly that.

Maya is a complex character...She has gone through a journey and a transition.

Makers never promised that it is a story where Maya is a victim who will find love and will go through a redemption and get a happily ever after.

The initial promos made it pretty clear that Maya will be a twisted character and Beyhadh will be a thriller.

Even if TRPs might have seen a drop at some point then they are not because of ArYa separation but mainly because of the dragging of the tracks in my opinion..I don't think that Beyhadh is a love story of either ArYa or SaaJun...it is a romantic thriller and deals with obsession.

As far as ratings are concerned..Beyhadh has always been more popular among the online viewers and it's TRPs have always been 0.4 - 0.6 and TRPs have been consistent since the beginning and continue to be consistent.

Edited by anshvi - 7 years ago
an_am thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
most of the teenagers like arya due to their hot sizzling romantic scenes (though i didnt find them romatic at all) and they have enough time to flood the forum with arya posts..saajun fan following is also there but u dont see many posts on this forum about them because mature audience are not that crazy to flood this forum with the posts of their fav couple..
Swatiraii thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --ria--

most of the teenagers like arya due to their hot sizzling romantic scenes (though i didnt find them romatic at all) and they have enough time to flood the forum with arya posts..saajun fan following is also there but u dont see many posts on this forum about them because mature audience are not that crazy to flood this forum with the posts of their fav couple..

Yup agree with u
swatisinh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anshvi

I have seen many often express their anger towards the makers for ruining ArYa and Maya's character but in my opinion makers have done a great job by sticking to the original plot and not getting swayed by irrational fan demands or pressure

In my opinion the story was always supposed to be this way...This is not a love story were ArYa were meant to have a happily ever after...This is a romantic thriller which revolves around Maya and her obsession and the concept is still what it was when the show began.

Some say that Maya's character has been butchered but i don't think so...Maya was never supposed to be a positive...I liked what Jenny said in her interview 'what is positive or what is negative'...She said that Maya is a crazy girl who does crazy stuff.

Makers never promised that it is a story where Maya is a victim who will find love and will go through a redemption and get a happily ever after.

The initial promos made it pretty clear that Maya will be a twisted character and Beyhadh will be a thriller.

Even if TRPs might have seen a drop at some point then they are not because of ArYa separation but mainly because of the dragging of the tracks in my opinion

As far as ratings are concerned..Beyhadh has always been more popular among the online viewers and it's TRPs have always been 0.4 - 0.6 and TRPs have been consistent since the beginning and continue to be consistent.

Yaa right and I don't understand why people r comparing Maya present action with her childhood. I know Maya went through lot in her childhood and that makes her psycho but we can't give advantage to Maya because of that reason, and what now she is doing in her present

Snowwhite50 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

🤣 Commenting only for Arya and Jeniffer Winget Fans. People who watch show really know whose affair is considered as mature and whose not.

Also the hot sizzling will be felt only if actors know to act.
So Jeniffer was successful in that.

Saanjun chemistry was cold so was their acting..

And Jeniffer made it possible to make hot juz with her acting alone.Even we know how much kishal can express
Hope i do not need to explain more.
an_am thumbnail

Originally posted by: Snowwhite50

🤣 Commenting only for Arya and Jeniffer Winget Fans. People who watch show really know whose affair is considered as mature and whose not.

Also the hot sizzling will be felt only if actors know to act.
So Jeniffer was successful in that.

Saanjun chemistry was cold so was their acting..

And Jeniffer made it possible to make hot juz with her acting alone.Even we know how much kishal can express
Hope i do not need to explain more.

if arya fans dont like kushal's acting they why do they want arya together..they dont even like arjun's character but still want arya's romance..however, i just saw maya's manipulations in their so called sizzling romance..
anyway, arjun's ridiculous behavior in season 1 very well shows how mature he was regarding his relationship with maya..on the other hand he confessed his love for saanjh after going through a lot of learning process..and he has become more serious towards life after leap..
Edited by --ria-- - 7 years ago
Amirita4 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: --ria--

I think forum fans are in minority who regularly express their views... Forum fans are divided in couple fandom... But most of the viewers watch this show for its different concept and thriller factor...
In case of both the couples Arjun's side of love story or development of feelings was never properly shown... With maya he out of nowhere fell in love with maya when she came to save him... He confused gratitude with love... With saanjh too he never felt anything more than friendship then next day out of nowhere he loves her...

People who root for arya mostly because of Jennifer's acting and their chemistry in season 1...
Why to classify any group of fans as mature and immature when you don't really know them in real life..?? 😕
an_am thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ami_Vrushan

I think forum fans are in minority who regularly express their views... Forum fans are divided in couple fandom... But most of the viewers watch this show for its different concept and thriller factor...
In case of both the couples Arjun's side of love story or development of feelings was never properly shown... With maya he out of nowhere fell in love with maya when she came to save him... He confused gratitude with love... With saanjh too he never felt anything more than friendship then next day out of nowhere he loves her...

People who root for arya mostly because of Jennifer's acting and their chemistry in season 1...
Why to classify any group of fans as mature and immature when you don't really know them in real life..?? 😕

well i m not calling anyone immature..i was just expressing my opinion in relation to age groups..
FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anshvi

In my opinion the story was always supposed to be this way...This is not a love story where ArYa were meant to have a happily ever after...This is a romantic thriller which revolves around Maya and her obsession and the concept is still what it was when the show began.

Some say that Maya's character has been butchered but i don't think so...Maya was never supposed to be positive...I liked what Jenny said in her interview 'what is positive or what is negative'...She said that Maya is a crazy girl who does crazy stuff and Maya is exactly that.

Even if TRPs might have seen a drop at some point then they are not because of ArYa separation but mainly because of the dragging of the tracks in my opinion..I don't think that Beyhadh is a love story of either ArYa or SaaJun...it is a romantic thriller and deals with obsession.

I haven't seen any romance or thrill in this show since time immemorial. Don't know why people still call it a thriller. And don't fool yourself into thinking that Maya is complex character. She is one dimensional vamp just like what all the cliched TV serials have. It is only Jennifer's acting which might make Maya seem a little different on surface but if you look a bit deeply she is a just plain bland monochromatic character.

TRPs are a different matter altogether. We have seen most shittiest shows garnering TRPs just because of their fanbase . Also when TRPs don't vary much like the case with beyhadh, it is not wise to conclude anything. 0.4-0.5 range is not enough to say people like this or that. Thee are so many other factors involved to gauge any meaningful information out of it.
Edited by dexter3108 - 7 years ago