Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kavitha_r thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: BeyondHorizon

The only reason why people feel sympathetic towards Maya is coz she is a lead character and also Jennifer is one of the most popular actresses we have today. But that being said I only have one question to ask - how can Maya's shady past be an excuse for all the crimes she did? You reap what you sow and that's what happened with her. I feel no empathy for her. She is a sociopath n a psychopath and people like her are dangerous to the society and more than anyone else, they are a threat to their own existence. Everytime she would commit a crime she would come to Lord Ganesh and cry. I felt a lil bad at her plight but my logical thinking could never agree with anything she did.

They have been talking the show more or less in Gupt way. In that movie, many liked kajol though she played a negative role and wanted a happy ending for her. I want to ask what was your opinion about kajol as Isha in Gupt?

Bobby had loved her truly and never fooled with her like how Arjun did with Maya.
kavitha_r thumbnail

Originally posted by: priyanka...

Happy Diwali 😊

Wishing you the same 😊
SRKLuvr thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kavsy

They have been talking the show more or less in Gupt way. In that movie, many liked kajol though she played a negative role and wanted a happy ending for her. I want to ask what was your opinion about kajol as Isha in Gupt?

Bobby had loved her truly and never fooled with her like how Arjun did with Maya.

It's all about the characterisation as well. They made Maya very pitiable at the start. They clarified to us that she had mental illness from childhood trauma. Now that was never cured and became the worst. But I never believed Arjun's love was Beyhadh. No it never was. It was very weak actually. It couldn't handle Maya's mental illness in those 3 years. It failed to consider her when she was pregnant first, and then became a pretence the second time she got pregnant. Those vachans were fake. He wasn't strong enough to fulfill them. His mind wavered from Maya. That is the normal type of love we see these days. Happened one day and can break the next.

These days I don't think BEYHADH love really exists. It doesn't have to be evil Beyhadh. When I think of BEYHADH love I think of Aarohi from Aashiqui 2. I remember that scene where she is talking to her uncle. RJ was arrested for assault and his alcoholism has spiralled out of control. Nobody thinks Aarohi can help him and that she is destroying herself being with him. Remember what she said? Rahul ke bina kuch nahin chaiye mujhe. If he can't leave alcoholism, then I'll join his world. I'll also sink in that world with him. I can destroy myself because all I want in this world is to be with him. That is Beyhadh. Whatever happens, it never fades it never dies. In WHATEVER circumstance, it has no conditions. It doesn't see reason or rationality. It just exists for that person, whatever the scenario. It says I will always be with that person, no matter what happens.

I don't think this kind of love exists these days because we are very practical people. If the cvs really wanted, they could have made a story saying how Arjun's good beyhadh love stopped Maya's bad beyhadh love. But the hadh of Arjun's love extended only to until her mental illness took hold and not to the desire to live in her world of madness, give her love and cure her.
kavitha_r thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKLuvr

It's all about the characterisation as well. They made Maya very pitiable at the start. They clarified to us that she had mental illness from childhood trauma. Now that was never cured and became the worst. But I never believed Arjun's love was Beyhadh. No it never was. It was very weak actually. It couldn't handle Maya's mental illness in those 3 years. It failed to consider her when she was pregnant first, and then became a pretence the second time she got pregnant. Those vachans were fake. He wasn't strong enough to fulfill them. His mind wavered from Maya. That is the normal type of love we see these days. Happened one day and can break the next.

These days I don't think BEYHADH love really exists. It doesn't have to be evil Beyhadh. When I think of BEYHADH love I think of Aarohi from Aashiqui 2. I remember that scene where she is talking to her uncle. RJ was arrested for assault and his alcoholism has spiralled out of control. Nobody thinks Aarohi can help him and that she is destroying herself being with him. Remember what she said? Rahul ke bina kuch nahin chaiye mujhe. If he can't leave alcoholism, then I'll join his world. I'll also sink in that world with him. I can destroy myself because all I want in this world is to be with him. That is Beyhadh. Whatever happens, it never fades it never dies. In WHATEVER circumstance, it has no conditions. It doesn't see reason or rationality. It just exists for that person, whatever the scenario. It says I will always be with that person, no matter what happens.

I don't think this kind of love exists these days because we are very practical people. If the cvs really wanted, they could have made a story saying how Arjun's good beyhadh love stopped Maya's bad beyhadh love. But the hadh of Arjun's love extended only to until her mental illness took hold and not to the desire to live in her world of madness, give her love and cure her.

In aashiqui 2, Aarohi had a gratitude towards RJ for bringing her to this level. He lifted up from that dirt and gave her a respectable life. RJ also told her that he gave her whatever was in his power but she has done what is not in her hands. Yes, you are right saying there is no beyhadh love in this world. There are very few people who love truly. Arjun had taken a plunge with Maya but was not mentally prepared to face that. But if he really loved her, he would not have lied to Maya & met Saanjh at the late night & got drunk. If Maya became mentally ill, he would have taken her to the psychiatrist as the first step rather than trying to get rid of her. I would have appreciated Arjun if he had done that first before. If he had failed in his efforts then it would have been fair on Arjun's part to leave Maya.
Fernandes43 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Beyhadh love means what?
Unlimited or abundant love?
Anything if it exists- in excess, it loses its value!
Oxygen for example is available plenty in air! Does one care really?
Yes, nowadays people living in Cities like Delhi are very conscious about pollution & good quality of air!
Imagine, if Oxygen - a life supporting gas for all breathing organisms- is 100% in atmosphere, in stead of current level of say something like 21%, then what would happen?
Everything will catch fire, as oxygen aids spread of fire & even oxidation of every possible element that readily reacts with oxygen, causing imbalance in nature!
Thanks to over 78% of nitrogen, life is still safe in our planet!
Similarly, nobody wants or needs unlimited love like oxygen!
Just enough love for a person to understand & absorb will do!
More importantly, the receiver should appreciate & return back, in equal measure!
One-sided or inequality levels of love will never survive or succeed!
And that too if one lacks trust as a foundation of love, that is bound to fail!
Maya did not choose a correct person to show her love-that is her first fault line!
Having chosen him, she did not choose to trust Arjun entirely! Her blindfolds & hand-cuffs etc are visual symptoms of such distrusting love!-This is her second fault line!
Finally, there is no need to go beyhadh! She tried to compensate a distrusting love with her beyhadh love! Quantity can never substitute Quality, as beyhadh is volume and trust is a substance or ingredient of love determining its worthiness! -This is her final fault line!

A flawed love made her break laws of society!
So, the society has eventually chosen to banish her!
And her love of life too banished her, that is the saddest part of her story!

Maya's love is perhaps a standing example for- how NOT to love - rather than some classical or famous stories of love we often hear about!
Edited by Fernandes43 - 7 years ago
BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: kavsy

I liked Kajol too but insanity meets a sticky end always. Isha would have been punished one way or the other. She would have served her time in prison and maybe got treated for her illness too. Bobby loved her n in Arjun's case his fault was that he was a self obsessed person. But that being said, nobody would have survived with Maya.
SRKLuvr thumbnail
Quantity and quality are both important but nevertheless. They destroyed Maya's character so now the only fitting end is that they kill her too. They could have kept with the Beyhadh love story from the beginning of ArYa but no. They decided to break it. So sad!
Fernandes43 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKLuvr

Quantity and quality are both important but nevertheless. They destroyed Maya's character so now the only fitting end is that they kill her too. They could have kept with the Beyhadh love story from the beginning of ArYa but no. They decided to break it. So sad!

Actually speaking - if one sees carefully the way they split the story in different sessions - there lies a solution, to all!

Those who adored ArYa and wanted them united for ever, should have prudently stopped after S1! For them, the story ends there, that is it!
As ArYa lives a happily married & lived ever after couple, their supporters should treat the story got over with S1, for all practical purposes!!
If they had already risked watching the story after S1 - then- just forget everything happened after S1 and pretend nothing exists thereafter! Selective amnesia is the need of hour!
It is as simple as that - after all, every story has to end somewhere and that is THE END, for them!

Those who wanted a Sanjun story could continue watching till S2, when Arjun walked away with Saanjh, hand-in-hand, after abandoning Maya in the jetty ! That is a good end for them! There is no need to go further, unless they wished to see some crap!

Those who wanted to watch a dark thriller, could have proceeded to watch it further till it ends! But don't blame me, if you get perhaps disappointed to see only a desi version of dark killer and not a genuine thriller!
Blame it on never ending promos & leaks that kept coming before the actual episodes were on air, killing the 'thrill', if at all any such thing existed, firstly!

Net net, this is a show perhaps designed to cater to differently aspiring audience groups!
The moot question really is . .
Has it managed to satisfy any one of them, really?
The jury is out!
Edited by Fernandes43 - 7 years ago
kavitha_r thumbnail

I liked Kajol too but insanity meets a sticky end always. Isha would have been punished one way or the other. She would have served her time in prison and maybe got treated for her illness too. Bobby loved her n in Arjun's case his fault was that he was a self obsessed person. But that being said, nobody would have survived with Maya.

Bobby aka Sahil in Gupt has been sincere to her and there was no need for Isha to do that. She never had a troubled childhood. Her father was so supportive that he voluntarily took all the crimes she had committed on his head. Maya was insecure and Arjun proved her right by being irresponsible. Making a marriage happy or miserable is in the person's hands. Arjun has got his share of gravious mistakes. Yes, living with Maya is difficult but not impossible. However, Arjun should have been proper and done the needful before Maya had crossed her limits like framing Ayaan in the rape case, etc. And sending her with Ayaan for his so called pagalpan at her pregnancy state is even the worse thing he did. Arjun has been taking people for granted being a normal man. He lashed out at everyone in the hospital after having lost his child. He blamed everyone but himself. I am not telling this to justify Maya. She has to pay for her crimes.
SRKLuvr thumbnail
Arjun should have helped her in those three years when he realised she was mentally ill. Instead, he chose to run away from her. That furthered her mental insanity, as did Arjun's earlier lying and cheating.