Very Upsetting...

SRKLuvr thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I've been watching Beyhadh for some time. The initial episodes were incredible. Maya's character was amazing. She was shown as an outwardly strong but internally crushed girl who had experienced a lot of pain in her life. She was grey because she was suffering from mental illness. But they still made her character lovable. Everyone in her life had harmed her in some way. Her father who tortured her. Her mother who put her love for her criminal husband over her duty to protect her daughter. Arjun and Sanjh who did not understand that there should be limits drawn to a boy-girl friendship once one of them is married.

Arjun in fact very much crushed Maya's faith when he lied to Maya and went to meet Sanjh all the time. He cared for Sanjh more than Maya. That was probably what resulted in those three years of security cameras and over possessiveness. Arjun's mom who spewed all sorts of vile hatred on Maya because of the fortune-telling words of one priest. So they made Maya a very pitiable character initially. She loved and protected her mom and the initial Arjun-Maya story was amazing.

But after the first leap, everything went for a toss. They destroyed Maya's character completely. They made her actually evil, rather than just mentally ill. They brought Samay in. They made Maya cross the point of no return. Now, I can't even bear to watch the show. The Arjun-Maya story which was so incredible, they crushed it. There is no redemption. It really is incredibly disappointing. The story became so bad.

If there's one thing that really annoys me, it's Jahnvi. May nobody have a mother like that. She is mainly responsible for Maya's condition. She didn't protect her in childhood and put Ashwin above her always. She never loved her. She was always ready to forgive Ashwin for his crimes but not Maya. She even paid someone to have Maya killed. It's all so disappointing!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JOY2529 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKLuvr

I've been watching Beyhadh for some time. The initial episodes were incredible. Maya's character was amazing. She was shown as an outwardly strong but internally crushed girl who had experienced a lot of pain in her life. She was grey because she was suffering from mental illness. But they still made her character lovable. Everyone in her life had harmed her in some way. Her father who tortured her. Her mother who put her love for her criminal husband over her duty to protect her daughter. Arjun and Sanjh who did not understand that there should be limits drawn to a boy-girl friendship once one of them is married.

Arjun in fact very much crushed Maya's faith when he lied to Maya and went to meet Sanjh all the time. He cared for Sanjh more than Maya. That was probably what resulted in those three years of security cameras and over possessiveness. Arjun's mom who spewed all sorts of vile hatred on Maya because of the fortune-telling words of one priest. So they made Maya a very pitiable character initially. She loved and protected her mom and the initial Arjun-Maya story was amazing.

But after the first leap, everything went for a toss. They destroyed Maya's character completely. They made her actually evil, rather than just mentally ill. They brought Samay in. They made Maya cross the point of no return. Now, I can't even bear to watch the show. The Arjun-Maya story which was so incredible, they crushed it. There is no redemption. It really is incredibly disappointing. The story became so bad.

If there's one thing that really annoys me, it's Jahnvi. May nobody have a mother like that. She is mainly responsible for Maya's condition. She didn't protect her in childhood and put Ashwin above her always. She never loved her. She was always ready to forgive Ashwin for his crimes but not Maya. She even paid someone to have Maya killed. It's all so disappointing!

U r absolutely right dear.CVS just spoiled the show at the end.the beginning of the show is amazing and unique but at end it became just one of other shows
Edited by JOY2529 - 7 years ago
JOY2529 thumbnail

Totally agree with u dear.they spoiled the show which started with uniqueness. At end it became just like other shows.
SRKLuvr thumbnail
I really hate that they couldn't show Maya overcoming what was wrong with her. It's such a bad message. I can't hate Maya because of what she went through but nor can we justify it or think that there can be forgiveness. They've just ruined everything ruined Arjun-Maya. Can't see Arjun with Sanjh. Haven't watched an episode after Maya lost her baby and Arjun left her. Negativity was far too much.
Edited by SRKLuvr - 7 years ago
swatisinh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Even Maya try to kill her own mother 😆
Beti maa mein gyi h
SRKLuvr thumbnail
Arjun and Maya were supposed to be together forever. Couldn't see their separation and Arjun with another. I hope the serial ends with ArYa living or dying together.
Fragrance63 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@TM, I agree with you completely. They should have shown something unique. Instead they made it a mundane show by making Maya bad and mad with no remorse for what she did. Arjun and Saanjh cannot be digested as a couple and they are giving a wrong message that a man and a woman cannot be buddies. They need not have thrown in the love angle between these two. As for Maya they could have continued to keep her grey with chance of redemption. By showing her as a criminal they have given the wrong message that someone who is grey will become black later and can't be redeemed.
Khushi_love thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Arjun and Maya were supposed to be together forever. Couldn't see their separation and Arjun with another. I hope the serial ends with ArYa living or dying together.

Are u serious?????😲

You think a person can live happily ever after with someone who has killed your mother, almost killed your brother, n almost killed the person by framing him in her own fake murder???😲

N y are you talking like Maya that you want Arjun to die with Maya????...yes, Maya's childhood abuse was very wrong, n no child deserves it...but does that mean Arjun needs to pay for that with his life????...is a human life of so little value????😕😲
SRKLuvr thumbnail

Originally posted by: ---Khushi---

Are u serious?????😲

You think a person can live happily ever after with someone who has killed your mother, almost killed your brother, n almost killed the person by framing him in her own fake murder???😲

N y are you talking like Maya that you want Arjun to die with Maya????...yes, Maya's childhood abuse was very wrong, n no child deserves it...but does that mean Arjun needs to pay for that with his life????...is a human life of so little value????😕😲

ArYa was supposed to be together for life. Their love was beautiful. For life types. That's the wedding vows they took. And the cvs burned that to hell by making Maya evil. So I know they can't live as a couple together again ever but they can show something other than the usual ghisa pita Maya's death and Arjun playing happy families with Sanjh ugh! 🤢 give some unusual happy ending. If they wanted to give such an ending they could have done it without this leap. I can't defend Maya but the Cvs never justified turning her from grey into a killer without remorse. So yes I can't see her death and the 🤢 couple living happily ever after. 🤢 and FYI, it's a serial. I love the Jodi. 😳
Khushi_love thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@TM

I strongly disagree about the CVS spoiling the storyline...the main storyline, imo, is exactly the way I had expected it, right from the very first promo...

Yes, characterizations have been extremely weak & inconsistent...also, JW is an actor par excellence, far ahead of the rest of the cast...
These 2 factors together, I think, have confused a section of the audience, who refuse to budge from the childhood abuse of baby Maya by her father, Ashwin...

Jhanvi, too seems to have been a completely irresponsible mother, though I would like to reserve my final judgement about her when the entire truth about mayas childhood will be revealed to us...

This seems to be a clear cut case of a childhood abuse triggered psychopathy...

Yes, baby Maya deserves all the empathy in the world...no child deserves such a sorry childhood...

But justifications for a full blown psychopath Maya's deeds, coupled with the blame game against all her victims, are not just irrational, but also amusing & at times, hilarious...😆

N I don't think any wrong message is being shown by this show...n why does every show need a message any way?...on the contrary, people ought to be aware of psychopaths in this world...

Also, why do some viewers want Arjun to die with Maya in the show?...the guy has suffered enough...yes, this guy is total duffer, is a totally flawed personality, has already paid a huge price for falling in love with Maya...but it's high time, he started breathing freely...n this is only possible, after the spree of murders by Maya, with Maya's death...as she is in no redemption zone, since a while now...

She's become a total emotionless monster, who is a big threat to society...if Maya's deeds can be justified on the basis of her childhood abuse, then every hard core psychopath, many of which are serial killers, need empathy, as most have an history of childhood abuse...

Who knows???
..maybe even Ashwin had an abusive childhood???...so can he or rather, if he indeed had, should he be forgiven?!???😲

A few links for those interested in reading about the link between child abuse & psychopathy...