What made Maya wreck her own home?

Khushi_love thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

I often ponder upon Maya's twisted mindset...in S1, there were clear occasions when we saw a vulnerable Maya, n at times, a fully in control & manipulative Maya...

In fact, there was a time when I believed that Maya was a case of MPD, but gradually I realised, that she wasn't...she was in all probability, a psychopath, who was born with a genetic predisposition(inherited from Ashwin), n a traumatic & abusive childhood turned her into a full blown psychopath...

There is a division of opinion on the forum on many points like:

1)Did Maya really ever love Arjun?
2) Did Ashwin really abuse Maya?
3) was Jhanvi really a negligent mother, n hence Maya had the right to kill her...
4) Did Maya deliberately come between Saanjh & Arjun, knowing that they were soulmates, but yet, she wanted Arjun for herself
5) had Vandana accepted Maya, could Maya have changed for the better?
6) was Maya already a killer before Vandana, Saanjh, Arjun, etc entered her life?
7)is Maya being mad & bad a cause, or is it an effect, for the series of murders which she has committed?
8)was Vandana right or wrong in not being able to accept Maya?
9) was Saanjh right or wrong in trying to protect Arjun after staying away for 3 years from Arya
10) is Maya's traumatic childood a justification for others to risk themselves or their loved ones in order to give her a chance at redemption?
11) who is responsible for the state Maya is in today?
12)is Maya a psychopath?
13)Is Saajun love toxic, or pure?
14)what is the ideal end to Beyhadh?

I shall put my opinion on each point in the post below, in point form only...in my third post, I shall try to answer as to why I think Maya ended up wrecking her own home...
I request members to put forth their views, with answers to all 14 questions, in point form...
All opposing viewpoints are also most welcome, but I request members to not indulge in name-calling or bashing Characters/members alike...

I request all to not argue with those with opposing viewpoints...thank you 😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Khushi_love thumbnail
My answers 😃

Yes, she definitely did...with all her heart...but in her own twisted way, where it didn't matter whether or not he truly loved her...as long as she could control him completely, n he was physically beside her, she thought she would be happy...the happiness which she thought she deserved after a most traumatic childhood..in the process, when her live turned into a Sanak, even she didn't realise...

Yes, I believe he did...n that left Maya with a fierce survival instinct which, with her psychopathic brain, (inherited from Ashwin), turned her into a hard core criminal...

3) was Jhanvi really a negligent mother, n hence Maya had the right to kill her...

To an extent, I believe yes, but will be able to comment fully once the past is completely revealed in the show...
But yet, no one in this world, NO ONE, has the right to take a human life...period.

4) Did Maya deliberately come between Saanjh & Arjun, knowing that they were soulmates, but yet, she wanted Arjun for herself

Yes, most definitely...she fell in love with Arjun, the first person in her life who stood for her against Ashwin...she completely understood that Arjun hadn't realised heus love for Saanjh yet, while Saanjh had...so before Duffer could have his eureka moment, Maya manipulated him emotionally n had him hastily announce their marriage..

No...most definitely NOT...if Arjun's love couldn't change her, in those 3 years, how could Vandana's love have changed her???...a part of her had died in childhood, n that rendered her emotionally crippled for the rest of her life...

6) was Maya already a killer before Vandana, Saanjh, Arjun, etc entered her life?

I believe yes...I believe she has some major childhood kaands behind her, she almost had Samay burnt alive, I believe she killed the Mauritius pundit, etc...so yes, Maya was a killer before Arjun n family entered her life...

7)is Maya being mad & bad a cause, or is it an effect, for the series of murders which she has committed?

It is most definitely the cause, with people around her reacting to her being evil, with Maya trying to justify her evilness by blaming people around her...

100% right...the mother in her could see thru Maya's facade n all her fears concerning Maya turned out to be true...with her death being the final one...no mother can put her child at risk in order to give a psychopath a second chance in life...NO MOTHER...

9) was Saanjh right or wrong in trying to protect Arjun after staying away for 3 years from Arya

Despite Arjun repeatedly humiliating her, after having approached her himself after those suffocating 3 years, yet, Saanjh has always tried to uncover Maya's true face in front of Arjun to free him from her maayajaal...in the process, she lost her father, yet she didn't stop...this is true love..

10) is Maya's traumatic childhood a justification for others to risk themselves or their loved ones in order to give her a chance at redemption?

Absolutely not!!!!Ashwin & Jhanvi can be blamed, n no one else...n no one can be blamed for not wanting to have a person like Maya around their loved ones.. at least not until she's medically examined n her actual problem spotted, n if curable, cured...if not curable, it has to be good bye..

In childhood, Ashwin & Jhanvi, & in adulthood, Maya herself...no one else...

12)is Maya a psychopath?

I am 99% sure, she is...

As pure as it can be...childhood friendship blossomed into love, which Saanjh realised soon...but Duffer took his time to understand it...

With so many murders behind her, I see no scope for Maya's redemption...she will most probably die in the end...

I see Saajun living happily ever after...

Edited by ---Khushi--- - 7 years ago
Khushi_love thumbnail
Now to answer the title of this topic...

Maya's traumatic childhood left deep emotional scars on her mind...she learn to survive on her own, by hook or by crook, with a broken moral compass, relying on falsehood to get her way...she soon realised that people believed perceptions n perceptions were nothing but illusions...n soon she became a master in creating illusions...

She was blessed with a super intelligent brain, with high cognitive empathy, ie, she could judge what people were thinking...hence, she soon climbed up the corporate ladder with great success, after a shady deal with Rajiv...

She was ruthless, she was manipulative, n she was introverted...she would still tremble with fear on herring Ashwin's footsteps, but she had learn how to tackle him...Jhanvi still often betrayed her, by turning to her love, n Maya's abuser, Ashwin...Maya was never put "first" by anyone in her life...never...

When Arjun stood for her against Ashwin, it was a sort of "first" for Maya...she fell in love with Arjun..the fact that she told Jhanvi that it didn't matter whether Arjun loved her back, tells us Maya's mindset very well...she used Arjun's weaknesses, ie his Duffergiri, his ego, his ambitions, his emotions, n manipulated him into believing that she was a damsel in distress n needed him to protect her from Ashwin...n hence they got married hastily...

If Maya had wanted Arjun to put her above everyone else, that wouldn't have been the problem...she herself once said that she only wanted Arjun to love "only" her...ie she wanted to isolate Arjun from his loved ones...

Also, she knew that Arjun loved Saanjh at a subconscious level...hence, despite Arjun having thrown Saanjh out of his life, Maya planted Samay in saanjh's life, lest Saajun get together again...

Maya loved Arjun Beyhadh, no doubt...but she also feared losing Arjun...their marriage was based on a web of lies, deceit & illusions, which I think will be revealed to viewers soon...she feared Arjun rebelling against her...she feared even if Arjun indulged in harmless flirting with girls...so she caged him...n in the process, chopped off the wings of a most happy go lucky, carefree, cheerful, full of life young man, turned him into a grumpy, rebellious, angry husband who started despising his wife...Maya could not help it as her mindset was that of a person in constant battle with the entire world since childhood...n she had always battled alone, winning most of the time...this gave her a heady feeling, n a vicious circle kept going round n round...

When Arjun turned to his family n friends for help, Maya went on a murderous streak...

I believe that Maya started her violent murderous streak since childhood...the damage to her brain was done in childhood...

Now, more than love for Arjun, she feared losing Arjun...n that fear was because of herself...even till Arjun wasn't aware of her misdeeds, she herself was...hence, she always knew she was fighting a losing battle...she didnt bother if she killed people, as long as she could keep Arjun to herself...n this is precisely what has wrecked Maya's home...

Maya's crimes, including murders, to overcome n tackle her fear of losing Arjun, which was manifold compared to her love for Arjun, wrecked Maya's home...as also the fact that Arya relationship had only manipulations & illusions from Maya's side as a foundation to their relationship...

Khushi_love thumbnail

Please try n answer the questions, if possible 😃
Fernandes43 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ---Khushi---

My answers 😃

Yes, she definitely did...with all her heart...but in her own twisted way, where it didn't matter whether or not he truly loved her...as long as she could control him completely, n he was physically beside her, she thought she would be happy...the happiness which she thought she deserved after a most traumatic childhood..in the process, when her live turned into a Sanak, even she didn't realise...

Yes, I believe he did...n that left Maya with a fierce survival instinct which, with her psychopathic brain, (inherited from Ashwin), turned her into a hard core criminal...

To an extent, I believe yes, but will be able to comment fully once the past is completely revealed in the show...
But yet, no one in this world, NO ONE, has the right to take a human life...period.

Yes, most definitely...she fell in love with Arjun, the first person in her life who stood for her against Ashwin...she completely understood that Arjun hadn't realised heus love for Saanjh yet, while Saanjh had...so before Duffer could have his eureka moment, Maya manipulated him emotionally n had him hastily announce their marriage..

No...most definitely NOT...if Arjun's love couldn't change her, in those 3 years, how could Vandana's love have changed her???...a part of her had died in childhood, n that rendered her emotionally crippled for the rest of her life...

I believe yes...I believe she has some major childhood kaands behind her, she almost had Samay burnt alive, I believe she killed the Mauritius pundit, etc...so yes, Maya was a killer before Arjun n family entered her life...

It is most definitely the cause, with people around her reacting to her being evil, with Maya trying to justify her evilness by blaming people around her...

100% right...the mother in her could see thru Maya's facade n all her fears concerning Maya turned out to be true...with her death being the final one...no mother can put her child at risk in order to give a psychopath a second chance in life...NO MOTHER...

Despite Arjun repeatedly humiliating her, after having approached her himself after those suffocating 3 years, yet, Saanjh has always tried to uncover Maya's true face in front of Arjun to free him from her maayajaal...in the process, she lost her father, yet she didn't stop...this is true love..

10) is Maya's traumatic childhood a justification for others to risk themselves or their loved ones in order to give her a chance at redemption?

Absolutely not!!!!Ashwin & Jhanvi can be blamed, n no one else...n no one can be blamed for not wanting to have a person like Maya around their loved ones.. at least not until she's medically examined n her actual problem spotted, n if curable, cured...if not curable, it has to be good bye..

In childhood, Ashwin & Jhanvi, & in adulthood, Maya herself...no one else...

12)is Maya a psychopath?

I am 99% sure, she is...

As pure as it can be...childhood friendship blossomed into love, which Saanjh realised soon...but Duffer took his time to understand it...

With so many murders behind her, I see no scope for Maya's redemption...she will most probably die in the end...

I see Saajun living happily ever after...

I couldn't agree more! More or less what you have reasoned out - looks to me as well - the real story of Beyhadh which the CVs intend to tell, in spite of many twisted & distorted versions that are floating around only to confuse & deflect the blame at wrong door-step!!
Edited by Fernandes43 - 7 years ago
annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Good topic, Khushi! There's scope for some great discussion on this one and I hope your topic attracts and sustains healthy discussion. To all your questions, I agree with the answers you provided, at least a 90%. The 10% difference are just on some details which wouldn't make much of difference since I'm mostly in agreement for the greater part of it all. To answer the most important question (what made Maya wreck her own home?), to put it as simply and as specifically as possible, my answer would be; her psyche.
anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ---Khushi---

I often ponder upon Maya's twisted mindset...in S1, there were clear occasions when we saw a vulnerable Maya, n at times, a fully in control & manipulative Maya...

In fact, there was a time when I believed that Maya was a case of MPD, but gradually I realised, that she wasn't...she was in all probability, a psychopath, who was born with a genetic predisposition(inherited from Ashwin), n a traumatic & abusive childhood turned her into a full blown psychopath...

There is a division of opinion on the forum on many points like:

Yes in her own twisted way she did love Arjun but then her need to control love and the need to keep Arjun all for herself grew more and more and soon her love turned into obsession

Yes he did and this is also a reason for Maya's twisted behaviour

She couldn't protect her and kept trying to get back to an abusive husband like Ashwin...It does look like she was a negligient mother...Let's see if there are any more flashbacks to prove otherwise.

No , no one has the the right to murder someone in cold blood

4) Did Maya deliberately come between Saanjh & Arjun, knowing that they were soulmates, but yet, she wanted Arjun for herself'
She had sensed from the beginning that Saanjh and Arjun shared a deep bond and were best friends...Maya couldn't let anyone come between her and Arjun and hence she made sure that Saanjh was out of his life...He even made sure that Ayaan and Vandana were also out of Arjun's life

It is hypothetical and we all can assume...But going by what has been shown I don't think Maya would have changed for the better...As you said that Arjun's love couldn't change her then who was Vandana...Also Maya couldn't see anyone come between her and Arjun and thus she made sure that Vandana, Saanjh and Ayaan were out of his life...Maya wanted absolute control over Arjun.

I don't know if she was a killer but she clearly had killer instincts and she was manipulative...She had maipulated Rajiv in such a way that he himself destroyed his life for Maya...He burnt himself accidentally and yet Maya was smirking while he was burning...This shows that he had killer instincts and lacked empathy.

I would say 'cause'.

Well she could have given her a chance although now we know that all her fears were right.
We also saw that Vandana was ready to accept Maya after she came out of the mental asylum and she was pregnant and Maya ended up nearly killing Ayaan.
I think it wasn't about whether she was right to give her a chance or not...i think she could have tackled the situation more intelligently..She could have tried to gain more info about Maya...and that time she didn't want to keep Jhanvi as well...So, yes i think she could have handled the situation in a better way.

She stayed away from Arjun for 3 years and after she returned she could sense that Arjun was in trouble...As a friend if she had left him on his own then it would have been selfish of her...I don't thin she was wrong in trying to help Arjun out.

In fact it was good that she did try to help him

10) is Maya's traumatic childood a justification for others to risk themselves or their loved ones in order to give her a chance at redemption?

See I believe someone can be given a chance to redeem only when that person himself/herself wants to redeem

Maya doesn't want to change, she is not feeling guilty for anything, she hasn't realized that she was wrong...Then how can anyone give her a chance to redeem when she herself is not willing to change.

She went to asylum but that too was a facade

Ashwin , Jhanvi earlier and now only Maya and no one else

12)is Maya a psychopath?

I can't comment on it coz I don't have a detailed knowledge about this term.

SaaJun love is not toxic in my opinion...They do get a bit clingy but their bond is not toxic

Maya shouldn't escape scotfree as she has committed far too many crimes and on top of it she is not even sorry for destroying so many lives.
I would want Maya to get punished, she should realize her mistakes and then probably find peace in death after realizing that her mistakes. I see death as the ultimate end of her.
I want Mathurs and Sharmas to stay happy...No more deaths.

I shall put my opinion on each point in the post below, in point form only...in my third post, I shall try to answer as to why I think Maya ended up wrecking her own home...
I request members to put forth their views, with answers to all 14 questions, in point form...
All opposing viewpoints are also most welcome, but I request members to not indulge in name-calling or bashing Characters/members alike...

I request all to not argue with those with opposing viewpoints...thank you 😃

Hey
nice post

have replied to all your questions 😊

You should also ad one more point :

did Arjun did love Maya or he got married to her only for luxury as forum is divided on this as well

I think Arjun thought that he loved her...he did try to live with her, he did try to love her as well but then he has now realized what true love is...I don't think that he married her only for money coz a greedy man would have taken all her property and would have proven that she was mad...A greedy man wouldn't have cared for Jhanvi like he did...I do feel that it was blooper on CVs part that Arjun didn't take Maya to a psychiatrist earlier.
annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: anshvi

I do feel that it was blooper on CVs part that Arjun didn't take Maya to a psychiatrist earlier.

I think this particular point can be debated and its open to interpretation. During the track where Maya had Vandana and Saanjh in her home and she was about to shoot Saanjh, fainted just on that moment and then discovered that she's pregnant. There was a scene in the Hospital where she's crying to Arjun for help (that obviously was just another of a theatrics moment but that's a different topic altogether) to save the baby from her. She said, 'Arjun, tum mujhe jahan leke chaloge main wahan chalungi. Doctor ke paas, mandir, jahan chahe wahan...' or something along the same lines (don't remember the exact dialogue) and this scene suggested that there could have been instances during the 3 years of ArYa marriage period where Arjun might have tried taking her to a doctor and temple (basically, try any form of healing/treatment there could be) but she might have refused, resisted or declined his requests. Now, because the show hasn't cleared this bit nor shed more light upon it, we still don't know for sure. I think I'm more inclined to think that he must have tried which is why he was always so sure that she's sick and realised later that she wasn't just 'beemar' but either both 'buri' & 'beemar' or plainly 'buri' pretending to be 'beemar'.
Khushi_love thumbnail
Since the DT have trashed the offensive post, I shall edit this one ...

😳
TheMsSupernova thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agreed with you on 1-3,5,10,11 .
4. He always told her that he didn't love Saanjh and he loves her. When ever she was insecure he would say that she is wrong and he only loves Saanjh as a friend. She might have believed what she wanted to believe because she wanted him.
6. The pandit came after Arjun and Saanjh had entered her life. They haven't shown anybody being murdered before she met Arjun, but you never know. I don't really think she cared if Rajiv died when he set him self on fire.
8. Not wrong in not accepting her, but the way she behaved with her was wrong.
9. Saanjh as a friend was definitely right to help Arjun.
13. Because Arjun didn't realize his love for Saanjh it made his wife insecure. His wife suffered. He lied when he said he loves her and not Saanjh even when her intuition was right and telling her something else. And them not knowing the boundaries of their friendship after his marriage made it worse. The way Samay was ignored often because of Arjun was not right(at the time she didn't know who he was. He was only the guy she was going to marry). And that dude in season 1 that was used to make Arjun jealous.
I have never felt that Arjun has respected Saanjh. He has said hurtful things to her (comparing her to Maya in season 1 and what not after that), he has humiliated her in front of people, thrown her out of his life, refused to believe her and said that she is claiming Maya doing wrong because she loves him. He did that even after the way Maya had treated him and made the world believe that he is physically abusing her. But he kind of has done alot of these things to other people he claims to love so that's the type of person he is.
Saanjhs focus is Arjun. That is what I have felt like from the beginning of the show. It's not a bad thing until other people are forgotten. Her not thinking about how her actions are going to effect other people is not okay and people have suffered because of it. I mean just to help Arjun she said to the person who killed her father that he did nothing wrong. Was that her lying? Did she expect Maya to kill him? Or was everything forgotten so that she could save Arjun?

14. Definitely Maya dying and probably Saanjh and Arjun getting a happily ever after.

But I'm more interested in what is going to happen after Maya goes to jail. Will she get out (how will she do that?) or will an other villain enter the show? Or are we going to see how the two families get their lives back? Maybe Arjun and Saanjh romance?