Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luvakanksha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: dexter3108

Yeah. I am sure about sympathy and empathy. As I said, I do not expect you to agree with my assessment. I was talking about what went wrong with Beyhadh. I dont remember the stories of Baazigar or Darr (I never saw Darr tbh ) but I am pretty sure they were different in many aspects. You are extrapolating my argument to imply that I should support a random negative character in a random film. I never meant to imply this. Also as you said, it is right vs wrong and that too with weak characters which is why this show is so disappointing. A cliched ending would serve as the final nail in the coffin.

My point is only this that u connect with a negative character negatively when u hate a negative character that doesn't mean u r not connecting with it that means that the actor is potraying that character so well that u r hating the negative character
N if u haven't watched darr pls watch it, its a old film so u would find it overdramatic but still the story is very good also watch gupt thats an excellent thriller movie too. Just my humble suggestion😆
Edited by luvakanksha - 7 years ago
FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: luvakanksha

My point is only this that u connect with a negative character negatively when u hate a negative character that doesn't mean u r not connecting with it that means that the actor is potraying that character so well that u r hating the negative character
N if u haven't watched darr pls watch it, its a old film so u would find it overdramatic but still the story is very good also watch gupt thats an excellent thriller movie too. Just my humble suggestion😆

I understand your point but I do not agree actually. Negative characters are usually meant to be hated, but there have been many stories with complex plots where people sided with negative characters knowing that they are wrong. Like the anime, Death Note, I earlier mentioned(since u suggested Gupt, I would take this opportunity to suggest this to you in case you haven't watched it already 😉) or the Joker in Dark Knight , that is the beauty of fiction.

Actually on second thoughts, in real life also you will find millions of terrorist sympathizers so things are not that different in reality also I guess. 😆