Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: manya_roy

@dexter Yeah even I loved death note, specially the ending where shinigami is seen to be now bored after the whole entertainment and of course the way Light a teenage genius was depicted to have god complex.

I wish these people had the ability to create the magic of animes and mangas but all they know is how to create one dimensional insipid characters.
And if that wasn't enough, their positive characters lack basic positive traits.

😃. Awesome you watched it too. It is a masterpiece. In the last episodes, I was missing L a lot. I was really upset after he died midway. He was so close to solving the case but was outsmarted by Light due to the obvious disadvantage of not knowing anything about Death Note or Shinigami. Really felt sad for him.
Edited by dexter3108 - 7 years ago
HadhSeZyada thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Dexter, Death Note is a masterpiece.While Beyhadh is extremely atrocious and repugnant.
Every chapter in the manga, every episode in the anime was so well showcased. It was and is a truly flawless series.

You were a L supporter? I personally loved Light. His character development was what drew me in. I loved all of the characters. I guess the only character I wasn't fond of was Near.
I too felt awful when he died. He would've got brutally hurt though, after finding out. He called Light his only friend he ever had, so he would've faced a lot of dilemmas and emotional disturbance before turning Light in.
The most wretched and disconsolate death was of Naomi and her fiance. Even more than L, it was their deaths which left me mournful and lugubrious.
FreeTheNipple thumbnail

Originally posted by: HadhSeJyada

Dexter, Death Note is a masterpiece.While Beyhadh is extremely atrocious and repugnant.
Every chapter in the manga, every episode in the anime was so well showcased. It was and is a truly flawless series.

You were a L supporter? I personally loved Light. His character development was what drew me in. I loved all of the characters. I guess the only character I wasn't fond of was Near.
I too felt awful when he died. He would've got brutally hurt though, after finding out. He called Light his only friend he ever had, so he would've faced a lot of dilemmas and emotional disturbance before turning Light in.
The most wretched and disconsolate death was of Naomi and her fiance. Even more than L, it was their deaths which left me mournful and lugubrious.

To be honest, I was not exactly a L supporter. I was on Light's side in the beginning but as the story moved I became fond of L and especially after he died, I missed him a lot partly because Near and Mello were no match for L. 😆 . The writing also became a bit lazy in the later episodes and I think Near himself acknowledges that L was way smarter than them and he combined with Mello was the reason that they could beat Light.

I am not sure although that L would have felt sad for Light because i think he was as much a sociopath as Light was. And I think for him the joy of getting it right that Light was Kira would have overpowered the sadness of losing a friend. For all we know, he befriended him only for a purpose right. 😆
HadhSeZyada thumbnail
L, somewhere after befriending Light and Misa, had realized how lonely he was before meeting them. He was overwhelmed with an emotion he never knew whenever Misa called him her friend.
He would've been happy that he was right, but it'd be bittersweet that he'd be losing him. He'd be conflicted.
At least that's what I'd felt when watching the episode he died in.
Light was thrown off guard too, if you recall. His ambition is what got him out. He was apologetic (as well as thankful) to L when he took his last breath is Light's arms.

They did care about each other.
FreeTheNipple thumbnail

Originally posted by: HadhSeJyada

L, somewhere after befriending Light and Misa, had realized how lonely he was before meeting them. He was overwhelmed with an emotion he never knew whenever Misa called him her friend.

He would've been happy that he was right, but it'd be bittersweet that he'd be losing him. He'd be conflicted.
At least that's what I'd felt when watching the episode he died in.
Light was thrown off guard too, if you recall. His ambition is what got him out. He was apologetic (as well as thankful) to L when he took his last breath is Light's arms.

They did care about each other.

Yeah they also have a brief bromance moment in the rain. Light was also taken aback by L's kindness at that moment when he wipes his wet foot or something like that, if I recall correctly. I actually also felt bad for Misa as well.
Lucifer666 thumbnail
@dexter yes I also missed L as Near wasn't even half of L.

As for Light, I agree with @hadhsejyada the way they made progress in his character is commendable, the way they decided to depict his ego, his wish to for supremacy by being Kira and specially how his intellect was showcased these all had made his character class apart.
And I seriously loved how they showed us the thinking process of both Light and L, making this show really interesting as well as intensive.

And I also believe that L and Light had grown a little fond of each other thanks to the special bond they shared.

Death Note is undoubtedly one of the best anime out there.

I seriously hope that one of the beyhadh makers watch some good anime (specially death note) read a few mangas and then make a thriller.
Hopefully then they would know the meaning of character development.
FreeTheNipple thumbnail

Originally posted by: manya_roy

@dexter yes I also missed L as Near wasn't even half of L.

As for Light, I agree with @hadhsejyada the way they made progress in his character is commendable, the way they decided to depict his ego, his wish to for supremacy by being Kira and specially how his intellect was showcased these all had made his character class apart.
And I seriously loved how they showed us the thinking process of both Light and L, making this show really interesting as well as intensive.

And I also believe that L and Light had grown a little fond of each other thanks to the special bond they shared.

Death Note is undoubtedly one of the best anime out there.

I seriously hope that one of the beyhadh makers watch some good anime (specially death note) read a few mangas and then make a thriller.
Hopefully then they would know the meaning of character development.

Yeah , I think before that they need some basic lessons, eh not even lessons, just some common sense on how police and law works. 🤢
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Honestly man. I am yet to watch the last few episodes but I am SO bored with romantic nonsense and general moronic behavior from everyone concerned. Mujhe faltu romance dekhna hota tou I'd have watched Gul crap, not this show. I neither care about Arjun-Maya's nonsense, nor Saanjh-Arjun's idiocy, I want drama and conflict. Ab Saanjh-Arjun se tou kuch hone se raha, hence I am hoping Maya gets out of jail and does something. This forum has a weird hyper moral and anti-moral complex about the show. If you actually want the plot to move forward and the godhead character to do something, you're suddenly condoning Maya? The opposite spectrum is also equally strange, Maya's behavior cannot be justified at this point, there is no defense left. Anyway, the only reason I need her back with full force is because Maya is the only attractive thing about this show. That has been established pretty well by now. Her death will be the best ending but I wonder if they can go about it without boring me to death with bad acting by Kushal et al and worthless romance from any side. I want murder and plotting. Not this mess. This show has been such a lofty failure ugh.
luvakanksha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: dexter3108

I think you are misunderstanding the people who are supporting Maya. I would like to clarify somethings from my point of view (this is just how I see it , I do not expect you to agree with my assessment):

Do I sympathise with Maya? In S1, I wholeheartedly did, but not now. I do have a little bit of empathy for her because that was the character that got me interested in the show. I connected with her for a plethora of reasons, one being the superb acting. I wanted to see her story. But then I stopped watching the show during last few months because they were following an irrational storyline with one dimensional insipid characters with zero thrill. Of course they are still doing so but I am watching now just to see the ending of Maya's character and I want it to be as interesting as possible. I would be very disappointed if they show Maya dead and Saajun happily living together because that would be as cliched as it could be.

But I think the more interesting question is why I am on Maya's side even though I know she deserves the punishment she is going to get and is probably going to die in the end ? Part of the reason is that I was on Maya's side initially and I failed to establish a rapport with other characters. I will blame the actors playing other characters, the poor script and no character development. Saanjh is totally hackneyed and unappealing character to me (if I want to see saccha pyaar and all, I can see other shows which depict that saccha pyaar in a lot more matured way than the childish acts of Saanjh). And Arjun, don't even get me started on him. He has been completely indecisive, capricious and a total duffer. I have no love lost for him either. But that is not to say that Maya's character is well written. In fact I am disappointed with her character as well. Maya's character had so much potential after S1 but CVs did not choose to harness it and utilise the immense acting talent of Jennifer for a more complex plot. They could have given much more layers to her while maintaining the message that Beyhadh pyaar is dangerous but they did not.

The other part of the reason for me being on Maya's side is that there is no other character who can actually convincingly challenge her and stand against her. I mean seriously, Saanjh and Arjun in S1 and S2 were shown to be too retarded that I cannot digest the fact taht they will beat Maya at her own game in S3. The formula for success in such stories is that you should have protagonist and antagonist that have a flair and a charisma of their own. In this case, we have Maya that possesses some of those qualities but others do not. That doesn't cut it for me. The best example that I could think of right now to illustrate the what I mean by flair and charisma is probably the anime, Death Note. I don't know if anyone here has watched that, but that for me is the gold standard of pyschological thrillers ( well beyhadh is not a psychological thriller but still just for example). With both the prime characters, Light Yagami and L, so well written and each having a distinctive panache of their own that it really gets you all pumped up and I, surprisingly, found myself rooting for the negative character in the beginning but moved to other side by the end. That is probably how things should be done in such shows.

@bold r u sure abt what u said because difference between sympathy n empathy is: sympathy is feeling compassion, sorrow, or pity for the hardships that another person encounters, while empathy is putting yourself in the shoes of another
Connection to a character u say due to acting, do u remember film bazzigar n darr in which srk played negative roles? Did u ever wish srk n juhi to end up together in darr? I nvr wished that even though i love srk so does that mean i didn't connect with his character well i did connect i had the connection of hate
I love to hate maya she is a brutal n delusional character who deserves punishment so here my answer to part one

Actually saanjh n arjun are not the one's standing against maya, maya is a master mind lets be clear. So its right vs wrong u see. Arjun is actually a duffer n saanjh actually loves arjun n its one sided n both together r naive n gullible in an irritating way i agree. But that does not mean they deserve maya's torcher. Arjun is a fool i agree but i guess saanjh is intelligent yes not as intelligent n scheming as maya but she did understood maya's intentions n tried to warn arjun again n again. So actually if maya gets defeated she wouldn't be defeated by arjun n saanjh according to me its her obsession n madness for arjun that would defeat her the very source of her criminality would defeat her. How did maya end up in jail her concern for arjun his stomach ache his operation so actually its her own weaknesses that would defeat her
FreeTheNipple thumbnail

Originally posted by: luvakanksha

@bold r u sure abt what u said because difference between sympathy n empathy is: sympathy is feeling compassion, sorrow, or pity for the hardships that another person encounters, while empathy is putting yourself in the shoes of another
Connection to a character u say due to acting, do u remember film bazzigar n darr in which srk played negative roles? Did u ever wish srk n juhi to end up together in darr? I nvr wished that even though i love srk so does that mean i didn't connect with his character well i did connect i had the connection of hate
I love to hate maya she is a brutal n delusional character who deserves punishment so here my answer to part one

Actually saanjh n arjun are not the one's standing against maya, maya is a master mind lets be clear. So its right vs wrong u see. Arjun is actually a duffer n saanjh actually loves arjun n its one sided n both together r naive n gullible in an irritating way i agree. But that does not mean they deserve maya's torcher. Arjun is a fool i agree but i guess saanjh is intelligent yes not as intelligent n scheming as maya but she did understood maya's intentions n tried to warn arjun again n again. So actually if maya gets defeated she wouldn't be defeated by arjun n saanjh according to me its her obsession n madness for arjun that would defeat her the very source of her criminality would defeat her. How did maya end up in jail her concern for arjun his stomach ache his operation so actually its her own weaknesses that would defeat her

Yeah. I am sure about sympathy and empathy. As I said, I do not expect you to agree with my assessment. I was talking about what went wrong with Beyhadh. I dont remember the stories of Baazigar or Darr (I never saw Darr tbh ) but I am pretty sure they were different in many aspects. You are extrapolating my argument to imply that I should support a random negative character in a random film. I never meant to imply this. Also as you said, it is right vs wrong and that too with weak characters which is why this show is so disappointing. A cliched ending would serve as the final nail in the coffin.