Maya's obssession with Arjun

SeharSheikh13 thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Hey everyone, I believe it's my first topic.
I've started rewatching beyhadh lately. The picture is very clear to me now. Maya definately had a traumatic childhood which made her the way she is. Of course she is evil as well but then again, if we come back to reality, aren't we all grey and a bit selfish? Nobody is selfless in this world. Everyone becomes grey at some point of their life. Everyone manipulates the truth when they know the consequences of it.

Jhanvi; Maya's mom who never supported Maya. She closed her eyes despite seeing Maya in pain. Her love for Ashwin was her biggest mistake. She failed Maya as a mother. So Maya never got the love she deserved from her parents.

Maya never really had friends so she didn't even get the love of friends. The only love she got was from Arjun and I believe she always knew Arjun loves Sanjh more than he loves her (irrespective of the nature of love).

When Maya got married to Arjun, she wanted to change as a person. It was Vandana who made her evil again. She tried to keep Arjun away from Maya. Who would want that? I personally wouldn't want my sasu ma to distance the love of my life away from me and if the situation requires I'd distance myself from such sasu ma.

Then comes Saanjh; she never understood that duffer is no longer ONLY HER duffer when he got married. Equation does change after marriage. On their first holi, she DID COME IN BETWEEN Maya and Arjun. She didn't not let Maya celebrate her first holi with Arjun. Plain reason she gave that they were always like this. Like what the hell man, how can you claim your right on Arjun more than Maya. She DID always come between Arjun and Maya.

Arjun; He never really loved Maya. All he could ever see was Saanjh's pain. He never really gave Maya the attention she deserved. Maya's only cure was love and attention. Arjun never gave her these 2 things. He always had Saanjh on his mind. If he had always loved Saanjh then he shouldn't have said yes to Maya in the first place.

Maya's crimes; yes I agree she is a criminal but who made her a criminal? All these so called devtas? They were responsible for her crimes. Had they never come in between Maya and Arjun, Maya would have been a changed person. Yes SHE DESERVES PUNISHMENT for her crimes but her mistakes cannot mask what all these devtas did to her.

Maya never really deserved a life like this. She deserved someome who loved her genuinely!

SAJUN CRAP SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN. If it does, then Maya was always right about these two. Everyone considers physical trauma a crime but what about mental trauma? The amount of mental trauma all these people gave to Maya makes them criminal as well.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail + 8
I guess there has been plenty of posts and arguments on the above mentioned points.
Lets understand that had Vandana been good anyway to Maya, she wouldn't have * changed * because she still doesn't realize that she is wrong or something is wrong with her. She had already paralyzed her beloved Mother..

Saanjh was away for three years, but Maya and Arjun's relation had only worsen, so we cannot even really blame her, and even if Saanjh wouldn't have come back, Maya had already a villian named Rajeev who would have comeback, and lets remember "HE" is the real reason why Arjun left Maya.

I wouldn't say, Arjun never loved her; he did... And he gave her all his support whenever possible, but every way had Maya's manipulation.

Please note, every criminal in the world has story, no one is born criminal. But situations make them, but you CANNOT ignore the crimes for their stories. There are many children facing worse than what Maya had faced, so what she has been through cannot justify her actions.

No, situations or Devta had not made her criminal, she was already a criminal who ruined hell lot of people because of her own obsession. It's that simple. And if its that difficult to understand that Maya is evil for her own thoughts and she has ruined her own life, you can't help it.

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
There is a diffetence between being a bit srlfish and going nd murdering pepple around
And no one can make anyone a criminal there is always a choice
A crime is a crime no matter how touching the story of thr situatiom

Edited by NandiniRaizadaa - 7 years ago
NAUCholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
1) Vandana was rude to Maya because of Ashwin's warning and then his murder. She was suspicious that it was doneby Maya. Guess what. She was right.
Maya is given the concession to be selfish for her love.. So doesnt Vandana receive the concession to be a bit "selfish" for her son?
And in this case, she was hella right!
2) Maya , for having a happy life with arjun, seriously injured her mom - the person she used to say was her everything before arjun came in.

There is a clear difference between being harmlessly selfish and blatant murder of anyone for one's sake.
Everyone in this world doesnt have a perfect childhood. Not all of them go on to become murderers.
Edited by NAUCholic - 7 years ago
Lucifer666 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Just one point I don't agree with.
I don't agree that other people should be held responsible for Maya's crimes.
Maya alone is responsible for the crimes she has done .
Yes you are right, what these devtas did was also a crime.
VM for one could have been easily jailed for torturing her DIL.
Yes these people at times even instigated Maya.
Yes all of them did mistreat Maya, and Jhanvi specially deserves an award for this.
But even after all this, Maya cannot blame her crimes on someone else.
It is her burden to bear because for whatever reasons, she did commit those crimes.
And no one else is responsible for it.
427050 thumbnail
I don't know if I am amused or shocked reading this...hey bhagwaan!
HippoSucks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: manya_roy

Just one point I don't agree with.
I don't agree that other people should be held responsible for Maya's crimes.
Maya alone is responsible for the crimes she has done .
Yes you are right, what these devtas did was also a crime.
VM for one could have been easily jailed for torturing her DIL.
Yes these people at times even instigated Maya.
Yes all of them did mistreat Maya, and Jhanvi specially deserves an award for this.
But even after all this, Maya cannot blame her crimes on someone else.
It is her burden to bear because for whatever reasons, she did commit those crimes.
And no one else is responsible for it.

I hope you're joking. I wouldn't want to live in a country where someone can get jailed for not accepting a serial killer as their daughter-in-law.