Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: bugsbunny12

As beyhadh is coming to an end...let's talk about things that could have been improved in the show to make it better...😊

1) Get a good actress for sanjh's role.

2) Write arjun's character as strong...who would have the will and way to make maya redeem herself...and not become as evil as she is now.

3) Maya's character should not have been so butchered...she could have been showed as a victim of childhood trauma...and a depression patient...in whose life arjun brings sunshine of hope...but definately not as a killer psycho who has no remorse...

4) Arjun-Maya had a wonderful chemistry...as witnessed in mauritius...it should have been the crux of this show...instead of maya's obsession for arjun...

5) Samay/Rajiv's character should have been a vital and useful one...not just another psycho creepy one that we had to endure. (if at all he was to be introduced...not necessarily)

6) Arjun could have been given some grey shades...the possibility was teased when he was shown attracted to maya's luxuries...that could have been an interesting storyline...

7) The character of VM should have never entered this show.

8) Ayan should have remained the clean shaven, no-specs guy he was in season 1...ever since s2, his character has been a flop.

9) Ashwin should not have died so early. The villain's death was the main reason the tag and responsibility of being the villain got passed on to maya.

10) Sanjh also should have been just arjun's best friend, known her limits, acted only when necessary in arjun's best interests...not this annoying chipku we have been tolerating.

What are ur opinions guys?

I more or less agree with most of your points. My 2 cents:

1) To be honest, I think the show needed a much better overall cast. Aneri was borderline weak in her acting (to be fair to her she is just 23 and she acts like that only), Kushal was well meh, the lady playing VM was pathetic. Only roles which were done well IMHO are Maya, Ashwin, Ayaan, Saanjh's parents (somewhat).

2) I can't even stress how meaningless and capricious Arjun's character is . It almost feels like his dialogues were written on the spot when he asked the director what do I have to do while Maya is doing all her louche acts.

3) Honestly, I really thought in S1 that the CVs had thought about Maya's character. It turns out it was just a hogwash. They have no explanations for anything. I think the story was never meant to show Maya recovering from any psychotic disorder (if at all she has one) but I would have liked if they had maintained some discreetness while blurring the line between grey and black. The transition was non-smooth and implausible. They turned it into a boiler plate drama with a banal fight of good vs evil and this made it totally uninteresting. To add to the this pathetic situation, we have the characters with which I could not connect at all like Saanjh, VM. I mean what the hell. I still do not get what is the motivation behind the character of Saanjh in the show. I mean she is a childhood friend who is so in love with a married man (who btw doesn't want to be with her) who is happily willing to sacrifice her family and herself for that man. Really?

4) Not really sure about this. The show had to take a dark turn but a crime thriller of a pathetic quality was something I definitely did not see coming.

5) True, Samay was completely wasted.

6) This was what I was eagerly looking forward to but CVs totally made it into a one dimensional commonplace good vs evil drama that too with pathetic screenplay and vacuous characters.

7) I enjoyed hating VM though lol. Wish there was a better actress doing that role. They had to give Maya a reason to be evil and VM was supposed to contribute something to that. She did but anyways CVs ultimately failed.

8) No comments

9) Definitely. The show has been going downhill since the time Ashwin died. The CVs had no clue what to do after that. They just ended up making a mess of it.

10) True.
Edited by dexter3108 - 7 years ago
rbpll thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
They should've have kept the story between Maya -as protagonist (surely as a grey) and Ashwin-as antagonist and Arjun -as catalyst (obviously with brain and substance 😆) to improve the condition of Maya. They have a very good chance to address the issue of child abuse and mental disorder with good amount of suspense and thriller. They shouldn't brought is this rajiv, samay, saanjh and whole maya ka saural.
But majaal meri jo maine kuch constructive expect kiya Indian serial se

In fact they could've also show a healthy relationship between Saanjh and Maya since it was saanjh who has first noticed the tears in Maya's eyes in very 1st episode. But as India tele traditions two girls can't be friends, there has to be envy, jealousy and cat fight that too for a guy like Arjun🤡.

In S1 Maya was a smart and cunning businesswomen. Who have poise and dignity. She was a uptight strict boss at the same time a really lost and vulnerable girl from inside.If she is grey , she is inspiring also.There was a mystery aspect in S1 that what it is actually happened with Maya in childhood, what is Maya suffering from? What bad she has done that can have punishment of 20-25 yrs ? All this question has gone to drain.Nowadays Maya has turned into Rajnikant who can escape every danger. I hardly find her a psychotic She is plane bad.

Beyadh has turned into a cheap action thriller with loopholes and melodrama.