Things that could have been improved...

bugsbunny12 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
As beyhadh is coming to an end...let's talk about things that could have been improved in the show to make it better...😊

1) Get a good actress for sanjh's role.

2) Write arjun's character as strong...who would have the will and way to make maya redeem herself...and not become as evil as she is now.

3) Maya's character should not have been so butchered...she could have been showed as a victim of childhood trauma...and a depression patient...in whose life arjun brings sunshine of hope...but definately not as a killer psycho who has no remorse...

4) Arjun-Maya had a wonderful chemistry...as witnessed in mauritius...it should have been the crux of this show...instead of maya's obsession for arjun...

5) Samay/Rajiv's character should have been a vital and useful one...not just another psycho creepy one that we had to endure. (if at all he was to be introduced...not necessarily)

6) Arjun could have been given some grey shades...the possibility was teased when he was shown attracted to maya's luxuries...that could have been an interesting storyline...

7) The character of VM should have never entered this show.

8) Ayan should have remained the clean shaven, no-specs guy he was in season 1...ever since s2, his character has been a flop.

9) Ashwin should not have died so early. The villain's death was the main reason the tag and responsibility of being the villain got passed on to maya.

10) Sanjh also should have been just arjun's best friend, known her limits, acted only when necessary in arjun's best interests...not this annoying chipku we have been tolerating.

What are ur opinions guys?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fernandes43 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The most important changes that needed, were

1. The title name should not be Beyhadh but preferably changed to a more romantic one like
'Jab Maya met Arjun . . .' or something on those lines!!!

2. The present tagline should be trashed & a suggested, new tagline could be like 'When love has no limits or bounds, it is called beyhadh!!!'

Well, the CVs could have been more thoughtful, isn't so?

PS: But, one is not sure if JW would have agreed to take up such a project, given her views on the story line & particularly her fervor in playing this tailor-made character Maya, suiting her interests!
Of the three seasons or phases, her picking of S3 or Phase 3 as her most favourite segment of show, tells its own story!

Edited by Fernandes43 - 7 years ago
anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
1. I am happy that CVs stuck to their concept and didn't change the story owing to the demand of fans who wanted Beyhahd to turn into a love story...So, kudos to the team for sticking to the plot and delivering on it

2. I am happy the way Maya's character has shaped over the course of show...She was supposed to be a grey character who eventually faded into black.

This show was always about a woman who was dark and how her love turns to obsession and destroys everyone including herself in the process
'Had se zyada kuch bhi accha nahi, Pyar bhi'

I just hope writers had clarified if Maya was suffering from a mental disorder if yes then what kind of mental disorder.

I hope writers clarified what exactly had happened when Maya was a child...I hope we get to hear it from Jhanvi now

3. I wish writers would have made Saanjh more strong as a character...More independent and less clingy and at least once she should have won a case otherwise she is fine

4. I am happy with how Ayaan's character has developed over the course of the show...this is called character development

This shows how affected he got and how he changed due to the circumstances..From a sweet, carefree guy to an innocent who got jailed to a man who wanted justice to a son who wanted revenge for his mom's death to an angry man...Loved his development but at core he remains the same loving brother and friend

I hope by the end of the show he goes back to his normal self or at least be happy

i wish makers would have given him more screen space

5. Saas-Bahu drama which started in between could have been avoided

6. Loopholes and illogical stuff could have been avoided

7. Dragging could have been avoided...Script should have been more crisp

8. Arjun's character could have been less clueless and naive

Lovepreet1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Exactly, I wish Maya had remained as a grey character and Arjun was strong enough...beside that, I believe if the no. Of episodes were a bit short, that could have been good for this type of thriller/suspense show.
NutellaWaffle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 8

Good that makers didn't bound to fans wishes and changed concept of show and were showing maya as it should be ⭐️
1) saanj the very reason I still watching this show and aneri made me to root for saanj with her good acting skills so I can never think other than aneri as saanj... and also I love saajun and Kushal aneri pair so if aneri has to be replaced then Kushal also has to be 😛 but yeah I was disappointed with her characterisation bcz I expected her to be the only one to give strong takkar to murderer maya who is skilled in that but alas that didn't happen...
2) if not saanj I expected Arjun to outsmart maya but even he could not do...wish Arjun was shown as clever as maya if not atleast knowing her cunning nature before only
3) ayan is the most suffered one he lost mother and also in jail for false rape case and what not... I really hope he kills maya at the end and doesn't get caught and lead happy life...
4) I really like Suman and vandy and it would have been awesome had they shown their intelligence in outsmarting maya by going in maya way and not being thinking emotionally every time...
5) jhanvi exploding and exposing session is soon going to come with her revelations about maya childhood and maya continuous criminal skills from childhood itself

So yeah maya baby torture is still more in coming days with her past revelation
.Aayushi. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

@TM, first and foremost, I'd acknowledge that I mostly disagree with you, but I get where you're coming from and totally respect that. I've been a silent member here from a long time, but currently I'm in a mood to write my disappointment saga. So here I roll.

Things I liked:

A) The most disappointing thing on TV right now is that a lot of shows first choose a socially relevant topic and then become never ending sagas of lead pair's life problems. So, Kudos to the makers, for not following this common trend where TV shows start with big promises then only survive on lead pair's chemistry and romance. They do manage to grab eyeballs, but is it worth it? Maybe folks enjoy that, but this is not what I expect when I decide to invest my time and energy into a show.

As consumers, we were promised a thriller with a tagline "Hadh se zyada kuch bhi accha nahi hota, Pyar bhi nahi...". So I wasn't hoping for any candyfloss romance with little tinge of grey. By promos, they did establish that here lead character won't even spare a fault like predicting a bad future ahead. That was borderline black for me. I was intrigued by that, knew the intensity of the character from the start and was expecting it to go more darker. To this day, makers have delivered in that department.

B) I totally disagree with you on Ayaan. It is hard to remain the same when such drastic things are going on in one's life. His character seems to be on realistic parameter. As it is expected from him to feel resentment, frustration and act against his Happy-go-lucky nature.(Although I would have loved if he had held it against Arjun after VM's death..that would have added to that realistic touch. But I guess makers are aiming for undying support of Mathurs' and Sharmas' for Arjun which kinda comes under the realms of little fantasy.Which is okay I guess, or else it would get pretty difficult for Arjun's character to survive or remain sane. So it's cool. No problem here. ) All in all I loved all these streaks of Ayaan's character. This is the only character who showed any growth.

C) Writers seem to have borrowed some characters of GG(I hope they have prior permission for that).I liked what they did with Desi's / Samay's character. As much as I love NPH but Desi's character was bland and served as a mere tool to Amy. So I didn't have much hopes from Samay but they gave him an interesting streak. For some time he did spice up this tale (which again got repetitive and boring.)

D) Jennifer's flawless performance. (Saved best for the last)

Things that disappointed the most:

A) I agree with you they've totally butchered Maya's character, but not when you are implying that she shouldn't have been this dark. IMO that was always supposed to happen. Generally I like such dark characters, but this one here is just impossible to stand.

I'd say they have hardly done any work regarding her character and character development. Let's face it, makers are heavily inspired by Gone Girl to the level of blatantly ripping it off. TBH I wouldn't have minded that if they had executed it well. But they are serving us on the platter a Baasi Boring story with lack of characters to root for, spiced up by illogical stuff and loopholes.

It seems they must be wondering how to Indian-ize GG. And they came up with:

GG's Amy Dunne + Victim Personified Indian Telly Bahu + Lacking any realistic/understandable goal + who can't own up her actions + who can do anything conveniently despite lacking common sense = Yeh Lo! We have a cocktail named Maya.

How I wish they had given her character more depth and she had worn her demonic nature as a badge of honour. Not bursting into rants like "Duniya Badalne Nahi Deti" Utter BS! *Sigh*

B) This show could have been a never seen before/ best thriller on Indian TV, if they had strategized it well. If it was like 50-100 episodes long or weekly/bi-weekly, then they would have much scope to work more on every dept. Unnecessary dragging and all could have been avoided then.

C) Imbalance: It is a mismatch. Here, on one side we have humanly characters like Saanjh, Ayaan, Arjun and even Vandana and on the other we have Maya(who seems to have superhuman powers). Either tone down Maya and her Rajnikant powers or give others such substance too. They all seem vacuous around Maya.

D) Horrendous and caricature like portrayal of Mental Asylums and other Legal Authorities.

E) Loopholes

F) Brutally murdered the idea of thrill: Hmmm.., where do I start on that. First I was bored with Ashwin's murder mystery saga, as I was so sure that it was Maya and then story went haywire with Saas- Bahu tamasha. Suspense Suspense karte karte, they revealed that much much later that it was indeed Maya who killed Ashwin, and at that time it didn't matter who did what. As Maya had already done worse to Ayaan. There are a lot of questions left hanging like, how did she get an exact duplicate body, how did she manage all that, what happened to her in childhood and what is Jhanvi's side of story, Is that all to Maya's sach saga, then why Ashwin used to harp that it would get her 20-25 years of jail imprisonment and many more.

Will these answers ever be revealed? No one can guarantee that. And maybe viewers would be so tired of all this, that they wouldn't even care. I just dislike their habit of moving forward to another chapter without closing the previous one.

G) Failure at delivering the intended message: Uptil now they haven't taken any clear cut stand on how toxic this Beyhadh love is. Haven't clearly stated the difference between right and wrong IMO. Always left a gap to justify Maya which is contradicting to their tagline.

By the conclusion, I hope they do justify the tagline. I'm watching this show only for that.

Edited by .Aayushi. - 7 years ago
Fragrance63 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bugsbunny12

As beyhadh is coming to an end...let's talk about things that could have been improved in the show to make it better...😊

1) Get a good actress for sanjh's role.

2) Write arjun's character as strong...who would have the will and way to make maya redeem herself...and not become as evil as she is now.

3) Maya's character should not have been so butchered...she could have been showed as a victim of childhood trauma...and a depression patient...in whose life arjun brings sunshine of hope...but definately not as a killer psycho who has no remorse...

4) Arjun-Maya had a wonderful chemistry...as witnessed in mauritius...it should have been the crux of this show...instead of maya's obsession for arjun...

5) Samay/Rajiv's character should have been a vital and useful one...not just another psycho creepy one that we had to endure. (if at all he was to be introduced...not necessarily)

6) Arjun could have been given some grey shades...the possibility was teased when he was shown attracted to maya's luxuries...that could have been an interesting storyline...

7) The character of VM should have never entered this show.

8) Ayan should have remained the clean shaven, no-specs guy he was in season 1...ever since s2, his character has been a flop.

9) Ashwin should not have died so early. The villain's death was the main reason the tag and responsibility of being the villain got passed on to maya.

10) Sanjh also should have been just arjun's best friend, known her limits, acted only when necessary in arjun's best interests...not this annoying chipku we have been tolerating.

What are ur opinions guys?

Yeah agree with you.
A better actress could have portrayed Saanjh better. The current actress with her pathetic acting skills along with the stupid characterization of Saanjh have made Saanjh so unpopular.

Maya should not have turned black. ArYa should have been the end game after a nice redemption track. ArYa together is the main reason for the popularity of this show. The makers have butchered these to fit in Saanjh.

Samay/Rajiv was an unnecessary introduction. Other interesting aspects could have been shown instead. Somany things are left unsaid in the show and we are playing different guessing games.

Bandar the ArYa baby should not have been dead. It's birth could have strengthened Maya and Arjun's bond.

Ashwin should not have been killed. He should have been the main villain till the end.

And yes Vandana was unnecessary.
MasoomaBukhari thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
dont wanna comment on 1st point *secretly agrees*
but for point 8 i think sumit looks hotter in specs n stubble 😆 😛
beanaq thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anshvi

1. I am happy that CVs stuck to their concept and didn't change the story owing to the demand of fans who wanted Beyhahd to turn into a love story...So, kudos to the team for sticking to the plot and delivering on it

2. I am happy the way Maya's character has shaped over the course of show...She was supposed to be a grey character who eventually faded into black.

This show was always about a woman who was dark and how her love turns to obsession and destroys everyone including herself in the process
'Had se zyada kuch bhi accha nahi, Pyar bhi'

I just hope writers had clarified if Maya was suffering from a mental disorder if yes then what kind of mental disorder.

I hope writers clarified what exactly had happened when Maya was a child...I hope we get to hear it from Jhanvi now

3. I wish writers would have made Saanjh more strong as a character...More independent and less clingy and at least once she should have won a case otherwise she is fine

4. I am happy with how Ayaan's character has developed over the course of the show...this is called character development

This shows how affected he got and how he changed due to the circumstances..From a sweet, carefree guy to an innocent who got jailed to a man who wanted justice to a son who wanted revenge for his mom's death to an angry man...Loved his development but at core he remains the same loving brother and friend

I hope by the end of the show he goes back to his normal self or at least be happy

i wish makers would have given him more screen space

5. Saas-Bahu drama which started in between could have been avoided

6. Loopholes and illogical stuff could have been avoided

7. Dragging could have been avoided...Script should have been more crisp

8. Arjun's character could have been less clueless and naive

exactly I like your opinion.

I would like add one thing that they should have show exactly how Maya is doing all these crimes periodically? not keeping hush hush! nor some pop-up scenes from back!
anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yes true
It is not yet clear how Maya planted that fake body...we are yet to see how things transpired that night

Also when did Maya called the goons who came and kidnapped Saanjh...we still don't know how she did that

The makers need to show us or explain how Maya carried out her plans