Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fernandes43 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Fernandes Tamil has the best love stories and most beautiful romantic songs. I dont know how they come up with some unique love stories and express it also. But you dont forget them. I learned Tamil to understand the lyrics of ARR songs as without knowing meaning I was unable to enjoy them completely.

My honest opinion is lyrics took a backseat in ARR era as tunes gained dominance over lyrics! Songs were composed first for best tunes (ARR was/is a very busy man, the pragmatic producers had/have their own priorities!) So, naturally lyrics were written leisurely later to fit into a pre-fabricated framework of already composed tunes! Many times, the causality being the lines of poetry - as it happens while dubbing hit songs from one lingo to another, just to retain same tune!
This was not the case, in the golden era of Ilayaraja when songs were always written first! Those days Kannadasan or as you mentioned Vairamuthu were very famous for their writing ! So, then musicians including the likes of Ilayaraja or the duo Viswanathan-Rama moorthy always composed the tunes with great respect for lyrics, preserving the originality of lines!That was the time melody also dominated the music carrying a profound depth in meaning!

Now, we are in an era of fast food ,Jazz & disco_bazz! So, very rarely one gets to hear a song like the one you chose to remember!

Edited by Fernandes43 - 7 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yaa I have heard this. But then many times I have felt you could enjoy the lyrics of ARR songs only after watching the movie. Though there are many songs where tunes take precedence, but there are songs also where lyrics matters.
Unfortunately ARR's those numbers didnt recognition as much as the foot tapping numbers that goes around.
The songs uyirae in Bombay has beautiful lyrics, especially the lines Muthala mudiva athe unkaiyil koduthuvitte

Or Kannalane or Poo pookum oshae from minsara kanavu all has its beauty, but you have to feel the character to understand the essence of those lyrics. I have read that about him. That he hears the story end to end and make music and wants lyrics to the story point.

The song I mentioned can be enjoyed even without knowing the story. Most of Illayaraja songs were like that and Kannadasan I know. Mom tells. His famous songs " Kalangil aval vasantham, kalaikalike aval oviyam, mathagalil avar marghazhi, malarkalille aval malikkaie ( Translation: Among Seasons she is spring, among arts she is painting, among months she is the month of marghazhi, among flowers she is jasmine) . These songs you can just like that hear.

But ARR lyrics you need to know movie. Otherwise you will take only the foot tapping numbers.
Laska thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@shruthiravi, remember how Suman was arrogant in the hospital and at home? Every time these so-called normal sane good people show such impudent arrogance, such insolence, I would like to say, be careful, guys, the land is round, you can meet again, only the situation will be different
And now Suman and Shubh beg. Requests and begs this world doesn't hear. The world knows the language of power. And this is what they constantly proved to Maya. Only power matters
And yes, now Maya doesn't care... She's just a bad&mad Maya after all... Ok, black is always in trend and it really suit her...
shruthiravi thumbnail
Yes Laska she has openly become bad and mad. She doesnt care any more for the facade. Whatever shown to her, she will give to Saanjh. And they will get video every 6 hrs.
Laska thumbnail
@shruthiravi, Duffer destroyed her facade long ago completely. He completely destroyed her image and person. What else is left? Nothing more, only ashes
She long already has nothing to lose. She has long since burned to ashes

shruthiravi thumbnail
@Laska they wanted to see her truth, not the real truth, but the truth that they believed to be. Now they are getting their truth beautifully. They are vindicated Maya is bad and mad πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. Usually when you win you have to be happy. Why cry.
Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago
Laska thumbnail
@shruthiravi, they want the truth, which is convenient for them. Which is beneficial to them. They got it. But still continue their victims drama. They are again unhappy. These people are always dissatisfied with everything. And they always have sob story literally for every occasion of life
Come on, guys, all of you was right. EnjoyπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
DeadShot thumbnail
@shurthi @ Laska spoilers are spreading like water...i have seen a segement , and it was like show is going to end with jhanvi slapping maya and maya made sanjh a humam bomb..i loved the segment it showed maya wearing black and sanjh wearing white..in the beginning it was maya who wore white and sanjh wore black in mauritius..and it even showed that sanjh hanging on an edge of building..and arjun is trying to saver her..so this means..Cvs are going to throw another garbage to us..who expected much from this show..there's nothing now left in the show to watch..i've just now feel i don't have to watch what is going to happen in the end..i am feeling like i have already seen a story with shitty ending..what to say now..
Fernandes43 thumbnail
Aa la re! Ganapati bappa aa la re!
Morya re! Ganapati bappa morya re!
Ganesh ji is back!
Saanjh is with Ganesha- I mean- in the godown where Idols of Ganesha are kept!
Is he now protecting Saanjh?
Looks like that way! Otherwise why do Arjun's tears now have to expose Maya's weakness?
Maya gave him not just a clue but a hope!
A rejuvenated Arjun is seeing a small light at the end of this dark tunnel!
Maya is only a dark tunnel & not a black hole!
There is a hope of survival & Arjun is set to play-act his drama!

But, one can not stop admiring the guts & spirits of this fighter-survivor!
What a plan & execution! All happened in no time! Well who are those two guys in uniform?
Maya's men from Asylum? The same gang that helped Rajiv, sending live footage?
More clarity awaited, still!
Never the less, a simple but workable plan! Rajiv & Arjun were fooled!
Even Saanjh & police team, too!
Her confidence is really good when she took classes on the art of winning, for duffer & gang who can only keep staring at her military style commando operation- from conception to execution!
But there is a soft spot, too!

Rajiv's weakness is Maya, he offered water to her & paid with blood as she needed only that!
Maya' weakness is Arjun, she let him know it! Now, Arun's tears have exposed chinks in her armour!
Arjun's weakness is Saanjh! Maya is exploiting it to the core & Arjun is running dutifully to save his love- may be, to convince us- that still he is the hero of story!
Saanjh's weakness is her stupidity! And she will keep making blunders only to be saved , later on!
What is our weakness?
When every thing is looking so gloomy, still keeping a hope against hope that all is well that ends well!

Edited by Fernandes43 - 7 years ago
Lecter thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I don't watch beyhadh anymore. I read your updates. I hope you will post soon. Thanks