Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Lilith. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago
Hello TM.

I'm new in this forum and though I have pretty much put a stop to my IF activities, I couldn't help but type down my two cents on this question.

Maya doesn't exactly "hate" Arjun. But she sure did feel betrayed because of his attitude. And Maya doesn't seem like the person who'll forget a betrayal or a slight- real or imagined.

Here are the things that culminated into an ugly ball of organised revenge:

1. The whole Duffer-Dusky bullshit. My apologies if I cannot term that "friendship". It wasn't so much as so-called "selfless love" as it was chipkoogiri. Pre-Mauritius, all Saanjh did was try to make Arjun leave the job after knowing about Maya's proposal. She wanted Arjun all to herself despite Arjun showing clear signs of falling for Maya. How is that selfless love, eh? If not Maya, he'd have fallen in love with someone else but Saanjh was never his choice. At least Maya put an effort to show her love towards Arjun- all Saanjh did was screech, cry, "dosti khatam", cry, shout, cry some more, repeat.

Post- Mauritius, again cry, cry a lot, then sacrifice. All fine till that. Even after marriage was fine. I actually started liking her finally! But then, Arjun'sdrunk scene happened and I was like "Nope. Back to hate list". If Arjun really wanted to get the "easiness", why did he marry Maya? Are you telling me that he wasn't aware of her bossy, controlling nature when he was working for her? And Saanjh ACTUALLY leaned in to kiss him- a married man who was drunk! How do you expect a wife to not feel insecure after witnessing a sight like this?

2. Vandana- An older, overweight version of Saanjh. Enough said! She was even more annoying than Saanjh and that's saying something! The fact that she managed to survive this show for that long was an accomplishment in itself! She could just have been a loving mother to Maya instead of complicating things further. If not a lover's love, a mother's love might have done wonders on Maya's personality- but sadly, she only posed herself as a threat to Maya-Arjun relationship.

Maybe it was not directly responsible, but it surely contributed to her insecurities.

3. Arjun- Iske baare mein toh jitna bola jaae, kam hain. So, he gets married to someone he apparently loves, then within a few days of that marriage says "I love you" to his BFF. Tolerates pagal wifey for 3 years- ok, I get it till there. But what happened afterwards was W*Fery at its best! He's all "Maya Maya" after her supposed molestation, then goes "Baby Baby" after her pregnancy. But despite all that, he chose to abandon Maya after knowing Samay's truth!

Of ALL the reasons he had to leave Maya, he chose THAT particular reason to abandon her- and that too when she was pregnant, no less! I think that itself was reason enough for Maya to formulate the plan of creating fake diary entries.

If that wasn't bad enough, Arjun became so insensitive and obnoxious that he practically choke-slammed Maya after her miscarriage! He proved her insecurities correct and left her because of the miscarriage. Are you telling me that miscarriage is bigger reason to abandon your wife than her controlling nature, her Munchhausen disorder?

I'm no Maya apologist/fangirl. I just try to see a situation from all perspectives. Maya is a mentally unstable character and her actions need not be driven by evil intentions every time- but they manage to become evil eventually.

Ayan and Ashwin were dumbasses who tried to threaten a psychotic woman on her face instead of doing their work without letting her know. They faced their consequences.

Vandana's death was sad, but the miscarriage served as the last nail in the Vanadana coffin. Her previous hostility towards Maya ensured much of what Maya decided to do with her.

That's all I got to say. 😊

Y12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Lilith.

Hello TM.

I'm new in this forum and though I have pretty much put a stop to my IF activities, I couldn't help but type down my two cents on this question.

Maya doesn't exactly "hate" Arjun. But she sure did feel betrayed because of his attitude. And Maya doesn't seem like the person who'll forget a betrayal or a slight- real or imagined.

Here are the things that culminated into an ugly ball of organised revenge:

1. The whole Duffer-Dusky bullshit. My apologies if I cannot term that "friendship". It wasn't so much as so-called "selfless love" as it was chipkoogiri. Pre-Mauritius, all Saanjh did was try to make Arjun leave the job after knowing about Maya's proposal. She wanted Arjun all to herself despite Arjun showing clear signs of falling for Maya. How is that selfless love, eh? If not Maya, he'd have fallen in love with someone else but Saanjh was never his choice. At least Maya put an effort to show her love towards Arjun- all Saanjh did was screech, cry, "dosti khatam", cry, shout, cry some more, repeat.

Post- Mauritius, again cry, cry a lot, then sacrifice. All fine till that. Even after marriage was fine. I actually started liking her finally! But then, Arjun'sdrunk scene happened and I was like "Nope. Back to hate list". If Arjun really wanted to get the "easiness", why did he marry Maya? Are you telling me that he wasn't aware of her bossy, controlling nature when he was working for her? And Saanjh ACTUALLY leaned in to kiss him- a married man who was drunk! How do you expect a wife to not feel insecure after witnessing a sight like this?

2. Vandana- An older, overweight version of Saanjh. Enough said! She was even more annoying than Saanjh and that's saying something! The fact that she managed to survive this show for that long was an accomplishment in itself! She could just have been a loving mother to Maya instead of complicating things further. If not a lover's love, a mother's love might have done wonders on Maya's personality- but sadly, she only posed herself as a threat to Maya-Arjun relationship.

Maybe it was not directly responsible, but it surely contributed to her insecurities.

3. Arjun- Iske baare mein toh jitna bola jaae, kam hain. So, he gets married to someone he apparently loves, then within a few days of that marriage says "I love you" to his BFF. Tolerates pagal wifey for 3 years- ok, I get it till there. But what happened afterwards was W*Fery at its best! He's all "Maya Maya" after her supposed molestation, then goes "Baby Baby" after her pregnancy. But despite all that, he chose to abandon Maya after knowing Samay's truth!

Of ALL the reasons he had to leave Maya, he chose THAT particular reason to abandon her- and that too when she was pregnant, no less! I think that itself was reason enough for Maya to formulate the plan of creating fake diary entries.

If that wasn't bad enough, Arjun became so insensitive and obnoxious that he practically choke-slammed Maya after her miscarriage! He proved her insecurities correct and left her because of the miscarriage. Are you telling me that miscarriage is bigger reason to abandon your wife than her controlling nature, her Munchhausen disorder?

I'm no Maya apologist/fangirl. I just try to see a situation from all perspectives. Maya is a mentally unstable character and her actions need not be driven by evil intentions every time- but they manage to become evil eventually.

Ayan and Ashwin were dumbasses who tried to threaten a psychotic woman on her face instead of doing their work without letting her know. They faced their consequences.

Vandana's death was sad, but the miscarriage served as the last nail in the Vanadana coffin. Her previous hostility towards Maya ensured much of what Maya decided to do with her.

That's all I got to say. 😊

+1
well said 👏
I_LoveYou_Kanha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Because Arjun do not love her anymore and chose his baby over Maya, also she do not have any control on him, and Sanjh to additional reason hai hi😆
Fragrance63 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't think Maya really hates Arjun.
Fernandes43 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I too believe Maya does not hate Arjun!
As a matter of fact, it is indeed a case, other way around!
It is Arjun who is now pushed to hate her, as she offers no hope of redeeming herself!
Whatever might be the reasons for her failure to come good - end of the day- she is an evil, a dangerous one, with her victims list only growing unabated!
However it must be also said here that an intelligent Maya did realise that her facade would blow its cover one day!
She managed to get away with her evil acts all these days, as she could successfully portray & deceive him (as well as many others) that she was doing it because she was only mad!
But how long? She truly would have wished it as long as it would get! But if it fails, then . . . ?

Arjun's friendship with Saanjh was always an issue bothering her & the shrewd wife has a good measure of his pendulum behavior too! She really wanted to get rid of this irritant from her life!
But her battles got her life only messier & murkier, day by day!
When things went out of control, Maya did expect that Arjun would desert her if he discovered her true nature!
And hence she got herself even ready, for a situation of Arjun ditching her!
Maya is not hating Arjun but only making sure that at least, in death they will stay together if not in life!

Edited by Fernandes43 - 7 years ago