Bald Maya and Buddhism

I_LoveYou_Kanha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
It seems Maya joined Buddhism Sanyas that is why she shaved her head because Buddhist nuns and monks shaves their heads as it is a rule i think.
Edited by MissIamTheBoss - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fernandes43 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MissIamTheBoss

It seems Maya joined Buddhism Sanyas that is why she shaved her head because Buddhist nuns and monks shaves their heads as it is a rule i think.

Will she follow a non-violent path like the Ashoka, the great emperor did after his Kalinga war?
But, Maya's war has begun now only, what will she do with Arjun & Saanjh?
I_LoveYou_Kanha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Fernandes43

Will she follow a non-violent path like the Ashoka, the great emperor did after his Kalinga war?
But, Maya's war has begun now only, what will she do with Arjun & Saanjh?

Maya and non-violent path 😆, they can't be together in Beyhadh i think...what path she will go is a different thing, i just wanted to know the reason why did Maya shaved her head and the person who shaved her was also bald, so I thought those were Buddhist and shaved head to become nuns and monks...and for now Maya joined them.
Fernandes43 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MissIamTheBoss

Maya and non-violent path 😆, they can't be together in Beyhadh i think...what path she will go is a different thing, i just wanted to know the reason why did Maya shaved her head and the person who shaved her was also bald, so I thought those were Buddhist and shaved head to become nuns and monks...and for now Maya joined them.

The scene of shaving her head was shown alternatively with a body undergoing final rituals on a funeral pyre! The rituals ended with Arjun breaking a mud-pot! @shruthiravi has given an interesting explanation for these symbolisms in one of her posts, linking with certain practices prevailing in this country, when a close relative dies!
anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
In my opinion
When a person wants to let go of all the worldly things , all moh maya , let go of all the attachments they become nuns or monks
Being a monk is being renounced from the worldly attachments...Shaving of head symbolizes that the person has made a choice of shaving off his attachments...it symbolizes that the person has sacrificed (tyag) all worldly possessions , has let go of all the moh and maya and surrendered himself to God completely.

Fernandes43 thumbnail

Originally posted by: anshvi

In my opinion

When a person wants to let go of all the worldly things , all moh maya , let go of all the attachments they become nuns or monks
Being a monk is being renounced from the worldly attachments...Shaving of head symbolizes that the person has made a choice of shaving off his attachments...it symbolizes that the person has sacrificed (tyag) all worldly possessions , has let go of all the moh and maya and surrendered himself to God completely.

Do you really believe Maya has given up moh maya? The voice of Maya in the BG & the tunes of 'Tujhe' song, don't give such impressions!
anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Fernandes43

Do you really believe Maya has given up moh maya? The voice of Maya in the BG & the tunes of 'Tujhe' song, don't give such impressions!

Nope she hasn't

that is just a pretense for the world
chandni_barbie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Lol i remember somebody in this forum said that maya's looks like buddha😆 with that hair style when she wanted to celebrate the day when prem died.