Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
Well said Dhristi. It is a thriller and if it doesnt push the boundaries it will also be like the run of the mill shows.
Coming to message, message is given at the end of the show, if it exists. In between a thriller to search message is not right.

Also coming to message it depends on how you look at it. The super hit movie Drishyam on one hand showed hiding a crime, but at the same time justified the protagonist on why he did what he did

Same with Wednesday, it was taking law into ones hand, but again it justified the stand taken by the protagonist on why he did what he did as even the law in the end supporting him.

So it depends on your perspective how you take the message out of a show/movie.
Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago
Fragrance63 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@dhrishti, I came across this post only now. t's a great post and aptly describes the show.
In most other TV shows, the lead actress is shown as a self sacrificing holier than thou woman which make her pathetic looking to say the least. She is a doormat in front of her husband whom she treats as a god and always does sewa for her in-laws. Even though she is educated she does not develop a mind of her own. I really hate watching such crap.

Beyhadh is a thriller which gives goosebumps in so many well enacted scenes. Even though it has its share of bloopers still the central character of Maya is someone whom you can never ignore. She is negative but she has her own personality unlike the doormats. She is a self made woman who would have perhaps not resorted to bad deeds with proper guidance and love.
dhrishti_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fernandes43

Hadh se Zyada kuch bhi achchha nahi hota! Pyar bhi nahi!

It is a romantic thriller! So romance ,love & passion do happen here!
But, there is also something called a 'hadh'!

When violations of such a hadh do take place & things get beyhadh, even such a Pyar is not good! Is it not the message the CVs are trying to send out through their first tag line?

But does such a beyhadhagi love alone happen here?
What happened to the 'selfless love' as mentioned in plot? If it were meant to be shown as another competing form of love, then what is the idea? is someone talking here about 'morality'?
Does the 'morality' still have to prevail or not, when the story concludes?
Does the 'Hadh' have to stay or not?
Or is it a free for all-a kind of loose morals having their field day out here, in the show?

I guess not! There is a message packed in the show for discerning viewers!

Red- Those are the questions the viewers have faced since episode 1, answers will gradually unfold, or perhaps not, who knows?
dhrishti_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Faiqa_

What diff show are u talking abt lol beyhadd is jus d regular show where d good ppl will suffer in the hands of bad for a long time at last karna will catch up to d bad lol
Maya is jus like any other villain psyco who go after d hero seducing him manipulating him n trying to seprate him from d good,hero as usual dump who is unaware of his sorrounding end up believing d bad while not trusting good after series of blahs truth will b out lol

It was jus cvs luck that hero n good dint had any chemistry that ppl dint mind d bad!
Swetlana,Shagun n many other villain of regular middle class soap are jus like Maaya
P.S jus like in every other show Bad os d most stylish too

Well hello there 😊 To begin with I hope you noticed the fact that this post dates back to the end of April, back when I would follow the show with undying interest. A lot of things have changed eversince, and I haven't quite bothered to update myself. The main point of this post wasn't comparing the show with others or its characters, but simply putting forward the fact that everything that takes place in the show isn't based off moral grounds and perspective.
dhrishti_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kakaul

I feel it is now becoming illogical and incredible. Too many creative liberties which is making the show silly. An exact duplicate? Who and from where? A prisoner being hanged in 3 months? Not even the most efficient legal system can do that. It takes years before the hanging is carried out. And suddenly the brother becomes an enemy? Why? I am willing to overlook shoulder length hair in 3 months but Samay alive? After a huge hook went through him? Arjun and Sanjh are truly dumb. And Maya's mother seeing it all and not reacting. Well. It was a good show. Different and interesting but I think they have lost their way. Sad

I haven't followed the show in a while, just snippets here and there and let me tell you, things sound crazier than they were the time I left. If I'm not mistaken the entire Maya's death fiasco didn't involve a duplicate but another person altogether who underwent plastic surgery, not too sure, but it's what I heard of in a segment. Samay is alive?! Oh wow they better have some great explanations for that.

I agree, it was a good show.
dhrishti_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Well said Dhristi. It is a thriller and if it doesnt push the boundaries it will also be like the run of the mill shows.

Coming to message, message is given at the end of the show, if it exists. In between a thriller to search message is not right.

Also coming to message it depends on how you look at it. The super hit movie Drishyam on one hand showed hiding a crime, but at the same time justified the protagonist on why he did what he did

Same with Wednesday, it was taking law into ones hand, but again it justified the stand taken by the protagonist on why he did what he did as even the law in the end supporting him.

So it depends on your perspective how you take the message out of a show/movie.

Hey 😊 I haven't followed the show in a long long time, but you're right. It's all about how the message is perceived rather than put across. I'm not too sure how many of the explanations are going to do justice to the show's plot, they have, after all, messed it up pretty bad, or so it was a couple of months back when I stopped watching the show but as I always say, the hope lives on.
dhrishti_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fragrance63

@dhrishti, I came across this post only now. t's a great post and aptly describes the show.

In most other TV shows, the lead actress is shown as a self sacrificing holier than thou woman which make her pathetic looking to say the least. She is a doormat in front of her husband whom she treats as a god and always does sewa for her in-laws. Even though she is educated she does not develop a mind of her own. I really hate watching such crap.

Beyhadh is a thriller which gives goosebumps in so many well enacted scenes. Even though it has its share of bloopers still the central character of Maya is someone whom you can never ignore. She is negative but she has her own personality unlike the doormats. She is a self made woman who would have perhaps not resorted to bad deeds with proper guidance and love.

Hi 😊 It's quite an old post, since then my opinion has changed a tad but not much since I no longer keep up with the show. I truly loved the first phase of Beyhadh, during the wedding track is when everything went downhill and it seems to remain there. Maya is someone whose presence you can't ignore, people may love her or hate her but shes always undeniably there. I think her character is very well executed despite the faulty writing, but the show has gone well beyond the point where Jennifer could "save" it
nuckts thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Well I guess you are right that one should not go behind moral aspects or expect anything morally correct in a fictional thriller
But just want to say one thing cvs should really work on their monotonous track
There was a show earlier saubhagyavati bhava based on obssessed husband but what I really liked about it was its unpredictability I expect at least once Maya to loose it should remain a crispy thriller, in that show they showed villain loosing, but again sometimes winning
Sanjh should be made a little strong and wise and arjun should now prove to be smart and strong in front of her
Maya winning all the time is now predictable and if the result is already declared in each war before then no curiosity is left for watching the show further
Want to watch the show in same unusual way but now they are turning her usual ways.
ARJUNKIAPS thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Faiqa_

Shagun is also lead antoganist there are ppl who love her too n d same goes for komonika swetlana n many more n d diff is jus fluke !!

Jeniffer a popular actress playing it made all d diff n where as saanjh's character being really weak helped d makers too of at all saanjh was bit more polished character or heck if it was played by a bit more popular actress then ppl would know abt the fluke that maya is made out to b by the cvs lol

I DON'T HATE SAANJH NO,SHE IS ALWAYS THERE WHENEVER THE LOVED ONES IS IN DANGER AND ME,TOO LOVE SHAGUN AND SVETLANA BCOZ OF RESON U [email protected] GOT UR POINT I AM NOT JUSTIFYING MAYA'S DOINGS I ENJOY IT AS A FICTIONAL PSYCOLOGICAL THRILLER.ANERI TOO HAS A LOT OF FAN FOLLOWING SINCE NISHA AUR USKE CONSINS DAYS SHE TOO IS POPULAR!!
Fernandes43 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The only message that Cvs have sent out so far, loud & clear in this show is,

Maya is beyhadh crazy when it comes to show her love for Arjun and such a beyhadh love is not good!

It is certainly not good to Maya as she tumbled down from a position of a strong business tycoon to a madwoman now, wandering & crying in a remote and deserted area and is just counting her last few days!
And Arjun, does it need any further explanation?
For all those survivors who remain in the show, they have to thank their stars, nothing more!

Edited by Fernandes43 - 7 years ago