'... it sends out the wrong message.'

dhrishti_ thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
"Please don't show domestic violence, it sends out the wrong message."
"Please don't make Maya negative, it sends out the wrong message."
"Please don't use mental illnesses to your advantage, it sends out the wrong message."
"Please don't show this kind of disgusting and cheap things, it sends out the wrong message."

These are some of the polite petitions put forward to the CVs on several different platforms regarding Beyhadh. Dear viewers, the CVs aren't genies here who will grant you whatever you wish to see, neither are they responsible to send out a certain message. The CVs are merely making a show for the audience's entertainment, of course, people are affected differently by the show - while some are emotionally attached to characters, some rely on the series to show only what is correct.

If you are relying on this show to set a basic ground of morals or ideal utopia, you're in the wrong place, I suggest you try reading some of Confucius' thoughts or watch a Dalai Lama documentary.

What everyone loves about Beyhadh is how different it is when compared to other shows, how realistic the characters are unlike the shallow protagonists of some series, but then, viewers also object to every little twist in the plot-line. This is a thriller, and thrillers are usually twisted. You can't expect the CVs to justify every move a character makes or redeem every wrong they've done. That's just how it works, because if that were to happen, there would be no contrast between Beyhadh and the rest of the categorically middle-class family drama shows on Indian Television.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PlainJane thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Bang on post👏

Bravo😃. My sentiments exactly. This show is twisted and rightly so. Its supposed to push the boundaries of our imagination. Its full of unethical characters, which is what makes the shows so interesting. Not every entertainment is supposed to be based on morality. If people find it so uncomfortable, they should switch on to a different show, because the show won't be half as interesting if the controversial scenes are cut out of the episodes.
dhrishti_ thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PlainJane

Bang on post👏

Bravo😃. My sentiments exactly. This show is twisted and rightly so. Its supposed to push the boundaries of our imagination. Its full of unethical characters, which is what makes the shows so interesting. Not every entertainment is supposed to be based on morality. If people find it so uncomfortable, they should switch on to a different show, because the show won't be half as interesting if the controversial scenes are cut out of the episodes.

Well thanks 😊
Being a romantic thriller, I believe the makers have all the right to push the boundaries of our imagination as you say. Bold - pretty much sums up my entire post.
I_LoveYou_Kanha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
awesome post...agree with u !
Fernandes43 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dhrishti_

Well thanks 😊
Being a romantic thriller, I believe the makers have all the right to push the boundaries of our imagination as you say. Bold - pretty much sums up my entire post.

Hadh se Zyada kuch bhi achchha nahi hota! Pyar bhi nahi!

It is a romantic thriller! So romance ,love & passion do happen here!
But, there is also something called a 'hadh'!

When violations of such a hadh do take place & things get beyhadh, even such a Pyar is not good! Is it not the message the CVs are trying to send out through their first tag line?

But does such a beyhadhagi love alone happen here?
What happened to the 'selfless love' as mentioned in plot? If it were meant to be shown as another competing form of love, then what is the idea? is someone talking here about 'morality'?
Does the 'morality' still have to prevail or not, when the story concludes?
Does the 'Hadh' have to stay or not?
Or is it a free for all-a kind of loose morals having their field day out here, in the show?

I guess not! There is a message packed in the show for discerning viewers!

Edited by Fernandes43 - 7 years ago
ARJUNKIAPS thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
BANG ON POST DRISHTI AND AWESOME DISCUSSIONS WERE MADE!!!I happened to stumble upon this post today
BettyC thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
What diff show are u talking abt lol beyhadd is jus d regular show where d good ppl will suffer in the hands of bad for a long time at last karna will catch up to d bad lol
Maya is jus like any other villain psyco who go after d hero seducing him manipulating him n trying to seprate him from d good,hero as usual dump who is unaware of his sorrounding end up believing d bad while not trusting good after series of blahs truth will b out lol

It was jus cvs luck that hero n good dint had any chemistry that ppl dint mind d bad!
Swetlana,Shagun n many other villain of regular middle class soap are jus like Maaya
P.S jus like in every other show Bad os d most stylish too
ARJUNKIAPS thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Faiqa_

What diff show are u talking abt lol beyhadd is jus d regular show where d good ppl will suffer in the hands of bad for a long time at last karna will catch up to d bad lol
Maya is jus like any other villain psyco who go after d hero seducing him manipulating him n trying to seprate him from d good,hero as usual dump who is unaware of his sorrounding end up believing d bad while not trusting good after series of blahs truth will b out lol

It was jus cvs luck that hero n good dint had any chemistry that ppl dint mind d bad!
Swetlana,Shagun n many other villain of regular middle class soap are jus like Maaya
P.S jus like in every other show Bad os d most stylish too

THE DIFFERENCE IS MAYA IS LEAD ANTAGONIST BUT STILL PEOPLE LOVES HER,YA KARMA IS A BITCH SO SHE LOST HER DUFFER KA BANDAR,NOW ARJUN TOO HATES HER,HER BIGGEST PUNISHMENT IS TO DIE EVERYDAY BEING AWAY FROM ARJUN,IF SHE IS SENT TO JAIL,AFTER THE TERM SHE WILL AGAIN GO TO KILL SAANJH 😆AND AAYAN,ARJUN SHE WON;'T DO ANYHING BCOZ OF HER SO CALLED BEYHADH PYAAR😳
BettyC thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: kkrnightriders

THE DIFFERENCE IS MAYA IS LEAD ANTAGONIST BUT STILL PEOPLE LOVES HER,YA KARMA IS A BITCH SO SHE LOST HER DUFFER KA BANDAR,NOW ARJUN TOO HATES HER,HER BIGGEST PUNISHMENT IS TO DIE EVERYDAY BEING AWAY FROM ARJUN,IF SHE IS SENT TO JAIL,AFTER THE TERM SHE WILL AGAIN GO TO KILL SAANJH😆AND AAYAN,ARJUN SHE WON;'T DO ANYHING BCOZ OF HER SO CALLED BEYHADH PYAAR😳

Shagun is also lead antoganist there are ppl who love her too n d same goes for komonika swetlana n many more n d diff is jus fluke !!
Jeniffer a popular actress playing it made all d diff n where as saanjh's character being really weak helped d makers too of at all saanjh was bit more polished character or heck if it was played by a bit more popular actress then ppl would know abt the fluke that maya is made out to b by the cvs lol
Kakaul thumbnail
I feel it is now becoming illogical and incredible. Too many creative liberties which is making the show silly. An exact duplicate? Who and from where? A prisoner being hanged in 3 months? Not even the most efficient legal system can do that. It takes years before the hanging is carried out. And suddenly the brother becomes an enemy? Why? I am willing to overlook shoulder length hair in 3 months but Samay alive? After a huge hook went through him? Arjun and Sanjh are truly dumb. And Maya's mother seeing it all and not reacting. Well. It was a good show. Different and interesting but I think they have lost their way. Sad