Passion,Reel Life,Real life: A Discussion

SophiTots thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
So in my update I made a comment about 'passion' and a fellow user @tanvismile made an interesting point which was countered by @ShieldsMistress and both merited a response,without me hijacking the WU thread,so here it is.

Im gonna clarify my own comment first:

When I said there should be passion i meant a different kind in context of this show . I meant chemistry, sexual or otherwise.

Real life:There is nothing wrong about finding love in peaceful and calm relationships, infact speaking for myself, i would always go for the friends-to-lovers in real life.Even if there was passion, i would still want to be friends for a while before taking the next step.

In real life two such people as Maya and Arjun would undoubtedly either remain enemies,be apathetic towards each other or should they fall in love, be a very explosive dramatic relationship.
That would have more to do with their maturity than with their personalities. Adults, mature ones atleast, work on their relationships.Both sides are willing to adjust.

However, in this case, where there is a 'dramatic drama', in Arjun's own words, Sanjh feel like peace and Maya feels like war. War is a metaphor here for two people who just seem to bring out this side to each other that grates and grates and frictions until the two pieces fit together or break each other.
Maya is supposed to be hard to love.She is representing the 'not easy' part of love while Sanjh represents the 'easy to love' part. ArYa is supposed to be exhausting and thrilling and crazy, while SaJun would be the restful,soothing love.

But the heart wants what it wants. In real life ,people have some control over who they love but a lot of them dont. And reel life, well that's just the way we live out our fantasies. Would i even look at an irresponsible brat like Arjun, much less 'allow' myself to develop feeling for him? No.
Feelings happen, what we do about them is up to us.

This however s reel life

There is a reason why the writers made Arjun say that dialogue.Regardless of how this story ends, ArYa or SaJun, we are supposed to feel and wonder how it would be if two such strong passionate people fell in love.

We already know how SaJun would some what be like.We already get that in form of their friendship which would seamlessly segue into romance, the sweet, responsible,gentle type.

The point of the show,right now,and who knows if that changes, is to make us wonder why would ArYA ever happen. And the de facto way of indian dramas is to show 'fighting means passion means epic romance' and the ridiculous trope of 'poor little rich girl, i feel sorry for her, so I fall for her' crap (which i really detest but unfortunately strong women are only strong as one dimensional stereotypes in our collective cultures.)

Anyway, before i tangent off into feminist rants, just thought it would make a cool discussion topic if anyone wants to chime in.

Edited by SophiSays - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tanvismile thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi Sophie !
A very long post ! I was waiting for free time to answer it ! For you efforts !

OK getting to post . . . Now summing your post in short . . . Real life v/s reel life. . . We might not choose it real life but we like to see it on screen. I guess this something I might glad reading because some people are really filmy in real life too. Now regarding love whether reel or real it happens . . . The people may be perfect for us or not. . . But it happens . . . Well i do agree with you on this one. . . The point in showing saajun scene was to make us wonder about what would be arya chemistry ? ? ?

I am bored to death to see intense epic romance nafrat Pyaar . . . Almost every show every story starts with same concept . Old wine in new bottle.

Coming to behadh . . . For me this show is love obsession thriller show. . Saajun scene depicted love in true sense . . . To Set your love free and to understand . While maajun scenes in future will depict obsession. Obsession is opposite of love . It's about controlling. You keep demanding love that's it. While love is giving.

So I feel saanjh arjun and maya arjun will depict love and obsession.So I am not watching it as just one particular love story . I hope I m making sense to you ! 😆