27.10.16: Mixed bag of an episode

IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
The episode started on a wonderful note- ArYa/MaJun scene: the intense Maya, her face still laden with cake, going to the beach and immersing herself in a gesture reminiscent of ritual purification. As if she wanted to get rid of all the taints, all the bad memories her past had to offer her.

Arjun perhaps got another glimpse of a vulnerable Maya today. The first was the lift scene, and the second was this. He is beginning to see the cracks under the veneer. He is going to be the only one apart from her mom who is going to see the scared nine year old girl that still exists under the facade of a savvy businesswoman .

I loved the Saanjh-Arjun scene today- it had the sweetness of first love, with Saanjh almost cupping Arjun's face and rustling his hair as he knelt on her lap. Arjun talking about how Saanjh feels like home, a reprieve- someone who always makes things right, as opposed to Maya, whose intensity he cannot withstand; was very poignant. With this scene, I wonder if Arjun is perhaps subconsciously in love with Saanjh and is yet to admit it. I do think this scene carries major foreshadowing for the future. I could not help but think that it is Arjun who is going to be the harbinger of trouble in both their lives- shattering Saanjh's hopes on one hand and not able to reciprocate Maya's love in full force on the other. I guess I love both Maya and Saanjh too much to see either of them in pain.

Have to say, the scenes with Maya's dad and his mistress spoilt the mood of the episode.

I would have loved it had the image of Ashwin been maintained as a Satan-like figure, who only brings evil and darkness- as Maya sees him. But to see him reduced to a puppy in front of his sharp-tongued and materialistic mistress kind of snatched the whole enigma surrounding the past. I don't see why this mistress character was necessary- it was so cliched. Jhanvi checking up on Ashwin and enquiring about his well-being was I am glad that at least she asked him to stay away from Maya. I don't understand this woman- her husband cares tuppence for her, has tortured her daughter to no end, but she still asks after him! Maya is going to be so disappointed when she learns of this.

Arjun learns about Maya not being okay by eavesdropping when he calls her on her landline. I guess he has started putting togeyher the pieces of the puzzle now.

Precap- Maya drowning herself in a tub. I really hope that all this angst that they are showing is worth it- that the past justifies Maya's behaviour. At the moment, it has begun to drag a bit...just my opinion๐Ÿ˜ณ

Star of the episode- Jennifer. Aneri was very good in the SaJun scene too.
Edited by YeHoKyaRahaHai - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaenma thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very beautifully put :)
Now the makers are really struggling to put their act together...the same scenes are getting repeated...arjun and sanjh's family teasing sanjh about her 'friendship' with arjun...sanjh, arjun n ayan chatting on the terrace...Maya reminiscing about her past alone in her room...etc etc...

In addition to that the characters are also not well fleshed out...as rightfully mentioned by you the way Maya's dad has been turned into a stereotypical saas-bahu villain, I wonder if people will be able to relate to her miseries anymore with the same amount of depth or not...

The editing of today's episode also looked a little shoddy to me...I can go on and on but the fact of the matter is I really want this serial to work...the concept is brilliant and it has only been a couple of weeks roughly...so there's still enough time left for it to redeem itself...

Let's hope for the best ...:-)
aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6
The Saanjh-Arjun scene was the best part of today's episode.

Going by what he said (Saanjh represents comfort and the gharwala feeling), could be an oblique hint that this may end as Sajun.

Poor Saanjh- drops so many hints (Jaldi hi and the ghar part), but Arjun doesn't understand.

I agree that the characterisation of Maya's father and the mistress looks cliched. Didn't quite understand why Maya's mother had to come to see him, but love makes you do stupid things I guess ๐Ÿ˜›

The editing isn't as crisp as it should be and some parts look unanswered (Maya's DOB's- she seems to have three or four in the show?). Plus they showed Maya phoning Saanjh's boss, but don't think they ever showed what was talked. And we didn't get to see Saanjh's boss' reaction to it.

Was Ashwin the name of the father shown in Maya's PAN card? Don't think so ๐Ÿ˜•

tanvismile thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
A nicely written review
I almost felt the same...

First part where arjun is shocked like hell... Who goes to wash their face in the middle of sea. That was ๐Ÿ˜†

Regarding the saajun scene... Again almost the same... These kinds of scenes always make me feel he loves saanjh. Even morning when the guard wakes him... Dusky sone de yaar...she is so much fit into his subconscious mind...but I dint understand how suddenly he reached office... Meaning he went in the night... OK i have to say this the worst scene of today for me was arjun sitting on maya chair... That's seriously wrong... Maya is his boss... Not acceptable at all.

Regarding father I am disappointed... There was a kind aura around him... So devilish... Today he is just another drunkard sitting there to earn money through blackmailing...

Me too hope that there is suspense in actual not just phuski bomb ๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by: Shaenma

Very beautifully put :)

Now the makers are really struggling to put their act together...the same scenes are getting repeated...arjun and sanjh's family teasing sanjh about her 'friendship' with arjun...sanjh, arjun n ayan chatting on the terrace...Maya reminiscing about her past alone in her room...etc etc...

In addition to that the characters are also not well fleshed out...as rightfully mentioned by you the way Maya's dad has been turned into a stereotypical saas-bahu villain, I wonder if people will be able to relate to her miseries anymore with the same amount of depth or not...

The editing of today's episode also looked a little shoddy to me...I can go on and on but the fact of the matter is I really want this serial to work...the concept is brilliant and it has only been a couple of weeks roughly...so there's still enough time left for it to redeem itself...

Let's hope for the best ...:-)

Thanks a lot๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I totally concur with what you said. There was a sense of ennui when I watched the episode. It was like...same old, same old. They need to ramp it up a notch so as to maintain the intrigue.

The theme of the show and the unconventional heroine has me hooked...and like you I really want this show to work.

Maya's parents suffer from poor characterization. Her mom...I can't decide whether she is a lovelorn deserted wife or concerned mother scared of her husband...or a neurotic woman who has borne the impact of her husband's brutality. I don't think it can be both concerned mom and deserted wife at once...it's very confusing.

Mayas dad being converted into this materialistic figure was a put down. I'd have loved it if the reasons behind his treatment of maya was more psychological...owing to something animalistic in his psyche as the scenes have suggested so far. Anyhoo...

Thanks for the lovely response๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by YeHoKyaRahaHai - 8 years ago

Originally posted by: aekiel

The Saanjh-Arjun scene was the best part of today's episode.

Going by what he said (Saanjh represents comfort and the gharwala feeling), could be an oblique hint that this may end as Sajun.

Poor Saanjh- drops so many hints (Jaldi hi and the ghar part), but Arjun doesn't understand.

I agree that the characterisation of Maya's father and the mistress looks cliched. Didn't quite understand why Maya's mother had to come to see him, but love makes you do stupid things I guess ๐Ÿ˜›

The editing isn't as crisp as it should be and some parts look unanswered (Maya's DOB's- she seems to have three or four in the show?). Plus they showed Maya phoning Saanjh's boss, but don't think they ever showed what was talked. And we didn't get to see Saanjh's boss' reaction to it.

Was Ashwin the name of the father shown in Maya's PAN card? Don't think so ๐Ÿ˜•

The writers have given about 3 to 4 days as Maya's birthday so far...very careless of them.๐Ÿ˜†

You're so right. The saanjh and arjun scene was lovely...and the way he said it, you're home, you always make things right...it seemed as if they are setting up Saanjh as a counterpoint to Maya totally. I do hope they don't portray it in shades of white and black. Arjun is really poor when it comes to picking up subliminal clues..even a stranger could tell that this girl is in love with him๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by: tanvismile

A nicely written review

I almost felt the same...

First part where arjun is shocked like hell... Who goes to wash their face in the middle of sea. That was ๐Ÿ˜†

Regarding the saajun scene... Again almost the same... These kinds of scenes always make me feel he loves saanjh. Even morning when the guard wakes him... Dusky sone de yaar...she is so much fit into his subconscious mind...but I dint understand how suddenly he reached office... Meaning he went in the night... OK i have to say this the worst scene of today for me was arjun sitting on maya chair... That's seriously wrong... Maya is his boss... Not acceptable at all.

Regarding father I am disappointed... There was a kind aura around him... So devilish... Today he is just another drunkard sitting there to earn money through blackmailing...

Me too hope that there is suspense in actual not just phuski bomb ๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks a lot๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I totally agree with you on how dependent Arjun is on Saanjh. For waking him up...for giving him a supportive shoulder to cry on. I liked the girly shyness that she demonstrated today. She is unassuming and undemanding...hers is a quiet kind of love which will be contrasted with Maya's more demanding and obsessive one in the future I guess.

Arjun doesn't know the P of professionalism...Let's just say that.๐Ÿ˜† And no sane person would smear cake on their boss's face๐Ÿ˜†

Suspense Acha ho tabhi mazaa aayega. Warna saara mazaa kirkira ho jayega๐Ÿ˜†
Sharmin-JW-20 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
NOT so pleased with today's episode ..
Though liked the last scene maya's ruining his father's pic and SaaJun scene
But I want Arya at the end๐Ÿ˜‰
Really some things are getting repeated which is very annoying
I just hope they won't ruin what suspense,beauty,charm they have been doing all these 3 weeks
Yeah Maya has 4 birthdays now (really)lol
9+7 september, 1991 ..30 May 1991,and last 25th October 1990...
Still I want to hope writers will show us some valid and unique reason behind maya's behavior
Really DON'T want Saas bahu type reason just like today
At last don't want to predict something from now..a lot time has to go..
All want is some Positive Vibe ..๐Ÿฅฑ
Edited by ArYaAbhiya18 - 8 years ago

Originally posted by: ArYaAbhiya18

NOT so pleased with today's episode ..

Though liked the last scene maya's ruining his father's pic and SaaJun scene
But I want Arya at the end๐Ÿ˜‰
Really some things are getting repeated which is very annoying
I just hope they won't ruin what suspense,beauty,charm they have been doing all these 3 weeks
Yeah Maya has 4 birthdays now (really)lol
9+7 september, 1991 ..30 May 1991,and last 25th October 1990...
Still I want to hope writers will show us some valid and unique reason behind maya's behavior
Really DON'T want Saas bahu type reason just like today
At last don't want to predict something from now..a lot time has to go..
All want is some Positive Vibe ..๐Ÿฅฑ

Hehe...for the moment I am undecided about the ship...arya or sajun. I like both Maya and saanjh...at the moment I don't think arjun deserves either of them๐Ÿ˜‰ maybe with time I will be able to decide.

Yes...very true. I want a good, solid and valid background that justifies her trauma.

That mistress character is so saas bahu. They started playing sautan-sautan already I hope her role is very less.
NAUCholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I already hate Ashwin and his girlfriend. Why is Jhanvi even checking on him whether he is alright!? He is such a scumbag.
Btw loved the SaJun scene.
Also Maya locked up in her room wala scene. Jenny is queen , man. :') Precap is weird- but I guess Arjun will come at the right time to save her or something. Read it in some spoiler.
Btw who is the new guy who asked Arjun ki Maya ko haat kaise lagaya? Potential fourth wheel in ArYa story?
Edited by NAUCholic - 8 years ago