IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
First of all...let me introduce myself. I'm Amri, a new fan of the show.
Loving it owing to the unique storyline and Jennifer's performance in particular 😃 Hats off to the makers for portraying a grey shaded woman character as the lead. In a space ruled by Gopi Vahus and Aksharas.. a sassy, ambitious and career-driven Maya Malhotra is the need of the hour. Quite a novelty to see a female lead in control of herself...surviving a traumatic childhood and calling the shots.👏

Have been reading a lot of posts on the forum about Saanjh vs Maya. Is it just me who is fascinated by these two women individually as characters than who they are in relation to Arjun?😳 I honestly think that this kind of exploration further on in the show will be brilliant.

Of course...Arjun is the primary point of contact between them. The common link. Perhaps...the most important male figure in their lives apart from their fathers (a positive influence in Saanjh's life and a debilitating one in Maya's). Arjun will be their common object of desire...the person whom they want to claim as their own. But the approaches to attaining him may vary.

Maya sets out on a path that is obsessive...making her lose control of herself. While Saanjh seems poised to be friend-zoned for eternity. In any case...both the women seem to be walking on a rocky road that will bring them inevitable pain at some point or the other.

But what will intrigue me is how the two women respond to each other. What their dynamic will be. How they may deal with the other woman intruding into their life inadvertently because they happen to share a person with whom each has an important bond.

I'd love to see how each of them, a product of their respective upbringings, is able to relate to the other. Case in point being the brilliant scene where Saanjh, the daughter of a close-knit family and loving parents, immediately perceives the pain in Maya at the pandal. Or the one where Maya sees the intelligence and efficiency begins Saanjh's bumbling demeanour and wants to work with her.

Sparks will fly...of course. Conflicts are inevitable...given their different temperaments and attitudes towards life. But I'd love to see how Maya and Saanjh become the foil for each other...and occasionally...even resemble and complement each other. Maybe...even support each other. This would be much more deep than the sautan battle that we can't seem to look beyond in Indian soaps.

I would like to confess that I'm loving both Maya and Saanjh most...even the pairing of Arjun's with each of them seems to be immaterial to me at the moment. Been a fan of Aneri's from her previous show...and with this one, I'm a fan of Jennifer's too. Would love to see these two strong female characters and their journey in this show.

Please pardon me for being incoherent. I'm bleary eyed with sleep at the moment. Had to get this out of my system though 😃

Edited by YeHoKyaRahaHai - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rope_and_anchor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
res (Because I think I have stuff to say about this, but am caught up in the middle of stuff at the moment, so will have to come back. But OP, in two words: Yes, this.)
anjaanichudi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I feel even when Maya n Arjun become a couple, it is Saanjh who would actually understand Maya rather than Arjun. Even if Maya understands Sannjh, her jealousy wud take over n make her do things which she doesn't wanna do. I hope Saanjh gets her out of her darkness.
fanfare.1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice post. Maya and Saanjh are the 2 strongest characters and Arjun is the weakest of the 3. Maya & Saanjh individual character growth and their dynamics is a major driving force of the show. I feel Arjun will just be a catalyst. Jennifer is brilliant as Maya, Aneri is also doing a good job. Waiting for their characters to unfold more. The story doesn't seem to be more of a love story types it has different tone and I hope they keep it up, rather than making it a cliche love triangle.
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Great post. Yes, Maya is a great character. A woman in control of her destiny. An unapologetic self-made woman. She is nobody's fool and does not suffer fools gladly. A woman after my own heart! Never saw a woman like this as a mainstream Indian TV female lead. Only seen Vamps that control their own destiny, and even then they are petty, small-minded and plotting. I started watching Indian TV with IPKKND. Since then for 5 years I have watched many shows and no show satisfied my need to see a grey female. I guess Indian audiences, in general, don't like them. They like to see Mahan Devi's, and long-suffering Bahu types! But Maya is neither.

Sahnj. She is a cute and chirpy girl, but smart too. She does pick up on things. She has a bit of flightiness, which can be expected at that age and her sheltered nature. She is essentially a happy girl. Lives with a loving family and carefree. Everything Maya is not.

Bottom line is that both Maya and Sahnj are more intelligent than Arjun. (At least that is how it appears at this stage). I too am looking forward to seeing their interactions as they fight to make / retain a place in Arjun's life. Of course they are going to be at cross purposes. That is to be expected. Your right. Their dynamic will be worth watching, and I am looking forward to it.
iMini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I am happy that a character like Maya is shown as a female lead,but fear that the PH might turn her into a vamp.I also wish to see some good bonding between Maya and Saanjh - and see Saanjh grow up into maturity as well.The duo as you said should certainly form a complimentary pair of 'besties'. Saanjh hopefully will help Maya realize how obsessive her behavior is (in the future),either directly or sub-consciously.
Dreamer3003 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
First of all welcome to this forum and an amazing post on both the ladies of this show!!
M actually looking forward to Maya-Saanjh scenes more than Arjun-Maya or Arjun-Saanjh scenes!!
As v saw already,Saanjh notices Maya's tears in the beginning of the episode!!
I guess Saanjh wil understand maya more than Arjun and she will be the person to bring maya out of the darkness!!
Both the ladies r nailing it! Jennifer and Aneri!!

--Aishu--