Maaya and Saanjh

Preeran345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Maya is my fav in d show...n I feel dat she has gone thru so much in her life dat her behavior is justified .
When a person loses trust , he is completely broken n insecure and dats wat Maya is.She has no strong support for her which made her ill.Yet I love Maya cz she hadn't had a gud childhood unlike Saanjh who grew up with doting parents who provided her love care n security.No matter she grew up as a chirpy girl with a golden heart cz she hasn't seen d realities of lyf n here Maya had all d bitterness in her lyf.Who won't turn A psychopath in such a situation. Still Maya runs such a big business which shows how strong she is.
Its only dat Maya needs little love n attention to make her alright.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Maya is a lonely and damaged woman. She has achieved success on her own, and has no one but herself to rely on. Bappa is her only source of strength and she is clearly spiritual in that sense. I feel sorry for Maya as she had a lot of cruelty and loneliness in her life and don't even have any sibling to share her issues with.

Both Sanjh and Arjun have a brother each. Sanjh has loving parents who are so close and Arjun has Ayaan and a Mother who cares for him. But Maya only has her Mum and even she is not all there always. She looks after her Mum, not her Mum look after her. So Maya is in a way a parent to her own Mother and has no Father. So she had to grow up fast!

Maya is clearly very traumatised by even her Father's thoughts, not just his presence. She is very jumpy and nervous when it comes to him. Every other time she is strong and confident. Some of that strength is a show, and she has some real vulnerabilities. Arjun has seen this and will be pointing it out to her.

At this point, even my favorite is Maya as she is very complex and I love complex characters I have to decode. Sanjh growing up in a loving secure environment is the way she is. But Maya having grown up in the negative environment that she did, is the way she is. We are all products of our environment. Especially children will not flourish if not given the right situation to grow up in. At this stage, I feel mostly sorry for Maya, but her swagger more than makes up for her sad reality and makes her a rocking character.
TheUnique thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

Maya is a lonely and damaged woman. She has achieved success on her own, and has no one but herself to rely on. Bappa is her only source of strength and she is clearly spiritual in that sense. I feel sorry for Maya as she had a lot of cruelty and loneliness in her life and don't even have any sibling to share her issues with.

Both Sanjh and Arjun have a brother each. Sanjh has loving parents who are so close and Arjun has Ayaan and a Mother who cares for him. But Maya only has her Mum and even she is not all there always. She looks after her Mum, not her Mum look after her. So Maya is in a way a parent to her own Mother and has no Father. So she had to grow up fast!

Maya is clearly very traumatised by even her Father's thoughts, not just his presence. She is very jumpy and nervous when it comes to him. Every other time she is strong and confident. Some of that strength is a show, and she has some real vulnerabilities. Arjun has seen this and will be pointing it out to her.

At this point, even my favorite is Maya as she is very complex and I love complex characters I have to decode. Sanjh growing up in a loving secure environment is the way she is. But Maya having grown up in the negative environment that she did, is the way she is. We are all products of our environment. Especially children will not flourish if not given the right situation to grow up in. At this stage, I feel mostly sorry for Maya, but her swagger more than makes up for her sad reality and makes her a rocking character.

Very well said.
BaAZiGar0 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Most Comments (February 2022) 1 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Ashi345678

Maya is my fav in d show...n I feel dat she has gone thru so much in her life dat her behavior is justified .
When a person loses trust , he is completely broken n insecure and dats wat Maya is.She has no strong support for her which made her ill.Yet I love Maya cz she hadn't had a gud childhood unlike Saanjh who grew up with doting parents who provided her love care n security.No matter she grew up as a chirpy girl with a golden heart cz she hasn't seen d realities of lyf n here Maya had all d bitterness in her lyf.Who won't turn A psychopath in such a situation. Still Maya runs such a big business which shows how strong she is.
Its only dat Maya needs little love n attention to make her alright.

but are Sanjh's parents really good though? just cuz they let her do whatever she wants doesnt necessarily make them "good parents".

i dont like that they see that she is in love with her bf and tease her about it instead of giving her proper advice.

like how about you sit her down and have a serious talk with her instead ? let her know that the longer she waits to tell Arjun the more complicated things become. what if he doesnt love her back ? than isnt she missing out on the finding someone who does ? i dunno... just my thoughts...
BaAZiGar0 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Most Comments (February 2022) 1 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

i think you hit a lot of this on the nail. maya is living walking talking oxymoron. the only way to break her resolve is to know her triggers ( for example the father) and i think that is the route they will take with her and Arjun. he's be there for her when she's having her panic attacks and she's learn to rely / trust him as a result.