Why we moving at a snail's pace and being finite.

SimSimmer thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
One moment I was thinking that what if Beyadh ends up like Tashan-E-Ishq😲😳 Then I was like No way because Cinevistaas Limited sure doesn't have one of those stereotypical shows in their kitty 😆
One doubt cleared!
Can we accelerate on the pace ?🤔

Still loving Beyadh, especially Maya

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KazBrekker thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Idk I saw people earlier too say that the show was being too slow for them however I believe it is moving at an alright steady pace. I get many wanna know Maya's backstory and all or even Arjun's or want them already having a moment with emotions. However I believe that would just ruin characters. Like Maya for example..people were already complaining within the first week that no revelations about her past have been made...but there were. We saw she has a bad past with her father who when comes anywhere near her she gets frightened of, but when she is alone and secure she is confident enough to talk bad about him and also tear up his picture in a blender. Idk people i guess want everything told to them in first few episodes itself. Like 'okay today we saw her frightened of her dad, now in the next two episodes they better tell me why too'. Where is the story in that exactly? If it was some film i get it, they have to reveal quick due to time..this however is a show and the beauty with them is that you can develop characters and their back stories. Right now the audience is being fed of how scared she is...her panic attacks..telling us that they aren't just a one time thing..they occur regularly when she feels frightened. We see her lying awake at night and we as an audience are able to start making the pattern that she in and insomnia patient.
If everything is told one after the other then the main plot line of the show is done and then writers start creating stupid tracks to keep the show going which ruin the characters straight up. And then we are the ones complaining to them. And i get the promos we were shown which caught our attention is what we are here for, but they can't just straight jump into that. That was a promo for what lies in the story..and for every story you need a proper build up and if the build up is not there then everything seems rushed and all too sudden for the audience to actually even understand and process the characters.

Everything you see on screen is for a specific reason, I have seen many Indian serials and i have to say this is one of the best and well thought through one with every shot and scene having a meaning behind it. Nothing seems to be there just for the heck of it, and that i don't find in many Indian serials..there are so many countless ones which just have scenes as fillers to continue on the story.

This is just my opinion by the way, anyone is more than welcome to disagree😊
Karaali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@Insane -- I am one of those people who think it is too slow but I also know that it has keep this pace because it has to go on for 290 episodes -- assuming it does not get an extension. THAT is a lot of time and plenty of opportunity to drag.
May be Sony needs to go back to the drawing board and do finite shows for 100 episodes. Finite should not mean a whole year. That will improve the crispness and focus of EVERY episode.
KazBrekker thumbnail

Originally posted by: Katori

@Insane -- I am one of those people who think it is too slow but I also know that it has keep this pace because it has to go on for 290 episodes -- assuming it does not get an extension. THAT is a lot of time and plenty of opportunity to drag.

May be Sony needs to go back to the drawing board and do finite shows for 100 episodes. Finite should not mean a whole year. That will improve the crispness and focus of EVERY episode.

I heard it was 260 episodes i think..
And yes that still is a very long time for a finite series agreed, so yes there would be dragging. But finite series also do have their story planned out before hand and know how many episodes for which track from which they create that estimate. Cutting it down to around 100-150 would be ideal for the story layout we know, but we have no idea if there are things hidden yet to be revealed afterwards for which they need that many episodes.

And just curious, you said it's too slow, could I know in which aspects? According to you what should have been covered in the 8/9 episodes we had so far?
Karaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mentally-Insane

I heard it was 260 episodes i think..
And yes that still is a very long time for a finite series agreed, so yes there would be dragging. But finite series also do have their story planned out before hand and know how many episodes for which track from which they create that estimate. Cutting it down to around 100-150 would be ideal for the story layout we know, but we have no idea if there are things hidden yet to be revealed afterwards for which they need that many episodes.

And just curious, you said it's too slow, could I know in which aspects? According to you what should have been covered in the 8/9 episodes we had so far?

I must have confused 260 with 290.

Unfortunately from what I know of tv show making in India, I don't think they have really laid out the story in that much detail - i.e have a document with 260 lines - 1 line summary for each episode. They probably have the 10 line outline of the story and must have laid out like 20-25 episodes. Rest would depend on TRPs and audience response.

I find it slow due to constant repetition -
Arjun-Maya interaction is repetitive
Maya-Maya's mother - same tone, no change - we should be learn something little with every interaction
Arjun-his mother - same as above
Arjun-Sanjh - leg pulling, snacking, etc. same over friendly behavior - they established in the first episode itself that Sanjh loved him and he considered her a friend. No progress from there.

Maya's background is complicated and would time to unravel. But they can show more of Arjun's background - where is his dad, his relationship with his mother or Sanjh, etc.

Office interactions could be more explicit where Maya's reasons for keeping him are explored - that would give a deeper insight into her character. We know more about her character from the promos that the show itself.
KazBrekker thumbnail

Originally posted by: Katori

I must have confused 260 with 290.

Unfortunately from what I know of tv show making in India, I don't think they have really laid out the story in that much detail - i.e have a document with 260 lines - 1 line summary for each episode. They probably have the 10 line outline of the story and must have laid out like 20-25 episodes. Rest would depend on TRPs and audience response.

I find it slow due to constant repetition -
Arjun-Maya interaction is repetitive
Maya-Maya's mother - same tone, no change - we should be learn something little with every interaction
Arjun-his mother - same as above
Arjun-Sanjh - leg pulling, snacking, etc. same over friendly behavior - they established in the first episode itself that Sanjh loved him and he considered her a friend. No progress from there.

Maya's background is complicated and would time to unravel. But they can show more of Arjun's background - where is his dad, his relationship with his mother or Sanjh, etc.

Office interactions could be more explicit where Maya's reasons for keeping him are explored - that would give a deeper insight into her character. We know more about her character from the promos that the show itself.

Well Indian Tv in general i totally agree with you on that, but i also remember watching Reporters, which was a Finite series and for that show they had a plan laid out for more than half the show already..towards the end it got disappointing though, which is where i think they started feeing into TRPs and all. So I am hoping that for this show too they have at least laid out a plan already, which technically they need to have for any show to even get aired. A channel isn't going to take on just an idea or some rough storylines. There is immense amount of research and scripting which actually goes into creating a TV show...agreed many Indian TV shows lack the detail in that but I am hoping that this show will do it right. And 25 episodes which you gave is too less, you have to have at least 3/4 months of storyline planned before airing something.

Agreed again on the repetition, it does get boring. But repetition has an effect too.

Arjun - Maya : Arjun keeps doing mistakes, and Maya wants to fire him but somehow always lets him stay. The main thing from this I learn is the foreshadowing. Arjun will keep doing mistakes, mistakes which would make you want to break up, but she will keep him...no matter what. His constant mistakes, lead up to that scene where Maya is in front of God asking for forgiveness and if she done wrong? But she just can't help it because he just doesn't understand. She's someone who is religious and against drinking at office or near God (not sure on hindu beliefs sorry) yet she made him drink to teach him a lesson whereas she should have fired him for screwing up the millionth time, but she wants to keep him and wants to control him. And we wouldn't have been able to learn that if Arjun wouldn't keep doing mistakes, imagine he did it once or twice..and then she said all that..wouldn't have made sense.

Maya - Mother: We learnt Maya is protective of her. Mother is crazy, and the one person she loves the most...and don't children learn from those they love? She will be a reason for Maya's possessiveness. We learnt today that Mother hardly ever leaves the house and loves her daughter just as much as she loves her husband if not more. Mother is a side character who is undergoing treatments...supporting characters are usually developed at a slower pace.

Arjun - Mother: Got nothing really to say on them nor am i that interested. They have a tiff, some ego clashes and whatever. I think theirs would be revealed soon though as its only been 8 episodes and the focus has been on the main characters and their working relationships. These two only had like 3 scenes? Together i mean..doubt one of them would melodramatically start to go in flashbacks about their drama. Probably would be revealed with some tie in to another character though.

Arjun - Saanjh: Agreed not much progress has been made between these two. Just a steady friendship and how they both rely on each other. They are kind of the light heartened relationship opposed to Maya's grey character.

Yh Maya's backstory should take its normal time to unravel and the others should be done along but slightly quicker but then i guess its because their backstories don't have a great impact on their lives itself. Maya's does.

And from the Promo's we learnt not much tbh. We learnt she is an obsessive lover. That was that. Show we are actually getting to know the journey on how she becomes that obsessed lover. In the Promo she is already in love and both are in a relationship. Here they just met, we are getting to know the from scratch than just jumping into the climax.

KazBrekker thumbnail
Btw sorry for such long replies😆
Always had problems with keeping my answers short in written form, which is the worst when you have to write a limited word essay😭😆
Karaali thumbnail
If we did not have the promos, what you would have pegged Maya's character as? A control-freak??
Promos took this characterization a step further and showed as obsessive - that also in a different context - as a lover. This is why I said that promo were more explicit about the character than the show itself.

I agree they are showing the journey of these two but have not added any new information on Maya's personality from the promo.

Maya-Arjun - For me it indicates that she has some sort fascination with him - may be because she is unable to control him like she control everyone around her - her staff, her mother etc. I don't know if there was a crisper way to show this but repetition is boring to watch.

My biggest fear is that they turn her into a positive character eventually - especially if the show is doing good and they get an extension. Reporter went totally haywire with the extension.
rope_and_anchor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Usually in Indian tv shows, I've seen the first three or so weeks being crisp and tightly written and executed, and then losing the pace and focus from then onwards for the rest of the series. There are only a few shows that have maintained the initial drive throughout.

I guess they are trying to avoid this, and evenly spreading it out for the entire 260 episode length. Or at least, I hope so. I'm expecting them to pick up pace once Maya's past is revealed and the love story starts. If not, I might probably stop being invested.
fanfare.1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
For me too its too slow. Being slow is not the exact problem "BEING REPETITIVE" is🥱 This entire week nothing happened rather than the same things happenieng over and over again. I am already losing interest, I'm sure many of the normal TRP audience will also be lost after this week. The show is too bland to hold anyones interest. In the coming weeks when TRPs drop they may accelerate the pace.
260 epi finite series😆😲 That itself is the problem for dragging. They will be having story for some 150 - 200 epi & to extend it to 260 epi, they are dragging it but it shouldn't be done in the initial phase of the show.😕