Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fanfare.1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

They need to pick up the pace.. so far there hasn't been any kind of a revelation of even hints about Maya's past.. other than she is might scarred of her father/step-father

Exactly, no revelation will happen this week, its just going round and round. No hint of Maya being a sociopath even, she is just shown to be scared😕
fanfare.1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cool_kriti

I agree... jennifer is awesome and Saanjh and Arjun are going OTT. Leave about Maya, even a normal office cant tolerate Arjun's behavior... It looks crazy...Office requires decency

Ya, which office will tolerate such unprofessional guy even if he is full of talent🥱
fanfare.1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: puba

Arjun and Saanjh are damn irritating! Both of them overact. Also, I don't find Arjun's ideas earth shattering that Maya should excuse his constant idiotic behavior. The back massage scene yesterday during the presentation was absolutely cringe worthy. Is that how you convince your client? Sorry to say but Kushal Tandon is not doing justice to his role. Jennifer though is quite brilliant.

Kushal's dialogue delivery is pretty bad but the characterization of Arjun is all the more bad🥱 What a useless unprofessional guy, What is so extraordinary in Garam Masala?🤢 They need to justify
fanfare.1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Starkheart.

I find Arjun and Saanjh okay, if you're talking about overacting then there's worse happening in other shows. And the show has just started we can't expect them to hit off so fast. I think we need to wait a couple of episodes more before being so judgemental.

Its not about actors overacting, its the characters which are going OTT. Beyhad was supposed to be different from other shows, but they are not delivering it. For a finite series 1st 2 weeks need to create that curiosity, which has not happened. As of now its just a mediocre show which neither has romance nor any thrill🥱 It was supposed to be a romantic thriller. If next week too the pace is same, I don't think many will stick with the show.
fanfare.1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Veritaserum

@TM: Agree completely. I think apart from Maya, the other characters seem to be perpetuating stereotypes. They are stilted and completely irrelevant and act as speed bumps in the narrative. The show can not thrive just with a single character holding fort. It needs to interest the audience at large as a holistically engaging experience which atm, it fails to be. After the first 3 episodes, I've lost interest. Only sticking to it for Jenny. She's stellar as usual.

Well said, couldn't have agreed more👍🏼
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
@ TM. Sadly I have to agree with what you have said too. I was so looking forward to this show. The first few episodes were good, especially because of Jenny. The curiosity factor was high, and still is about her character.

But I must agree that Arjun and Sahnj's behavior is annoying and childish. Do they have any professionalism at all? Especially Arjun. Even Sanjh irritates me with her co-dependence on Arjun and calling him 10 times an hour to see how his work is going. I also don't understand why he does not switch off his phone at work, if he is getting so many personal calls.

One does not have to be like Maya to fire a guy like Arjun. I think most people would fire him including me. I would never tolerate such an unprofessional, tardy guy in my team. I also agree with another comment as to what is so special about "Garam Masala" or whatever? I saw nothing that was so impressive. Where is the attention to detail? The revolution of Indian TV is falling short.

Jennifer is the draw card that keeps me hooked. She is truly amazing as Maya.

BTW, this is my first post on this forum. Hope to see where this show goes, because Maya is the Grey female character Indian TV has always missed. For that part, I am willing to give this show a chance. But the rest of the characters are currently a let down. Sanjh's family are too peppy and irritating. Same goes for Arjun's more subdued family. Equally unlikable and irritating.

Edited by MrDarcyfan - 8 years ago
Rein123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

@ TM. Sadly I have to agree with what you have said too. I was so looking forward to this show. The first few episodes were good, especially because of Jenny. The curiosity factor was high, and still is about her character.

But I must agree that Arjun and Sahnj's behavior is annoying and childish. Do they have any professionalism in the at all? Especially Arjun. Even Sanjh irritates me with her co-dependence on Arjun and calling him 10 times an hour to see how his work is going. I also don't understand why he does not switch off his phone at work, if he is getting so many personal calls.

One does not have to be like Maya to fire a guy like Arjun. I think most people would fire him including me. I would never tolerate such an unprofessional, tardy guy in my team. I also agree with another comment as to what is so special about "Garam Masala" or whatever? I saw nothing that was so impressive. Where is the attention to detail? The revolution of Indian TV is falling short.

BTW, this is my first post on this forum. Hope to see where this show goes, because Maya is the Grey female character Indian TV has always missed. For that part, I am willing to give this show a chance. But the rest of the characters are currently a let down. Sanjh's family are too peppy and irritating. Same goes for Arjun's more subdued family. Equally unlikable and irritating.

Saanjh calling Arjun 10 times an hour.. If one were to believe the promos then it would seem as if Maya is the one who is obsessed with Arjun. But ifwe look at the episodes rather than Maya I feel Saanjh is more obsessed with Arjun at the moment. So i guess there is no selfless love in the picture at the moment.
fanfare.1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

But I must agree that Arjun and Sahnj's behavior is annoying and childish. Do they have any professionalism at all? Especially Arjun. Even Sanjh irritates me with her co-dependence on Arjun and calling him 10 times an hour to see how his work is going. I also don't understand why he does not switch off his phone at work, if he is getting so many personal calls.

Yes, even I couldn't understand what the nonsense was that Garam masala thing

For me & also for majority of the viewers I belive Maya / Jennifer is the only hooking factor. Rest all the characters are just ordinary & this show is not any revolution. They still have time, if in the next 2 week they bring some extraordinary twist, then the show may click otherwise it will just be a overhyped show.

I'm also giving a chance just for Maya or Jenny. I think even if she is grey, everyone's sympathy and love will be for Maya. i find her more sane than Arjun or Sannj atm.
buddyhere thumbnail

Originally posted by: .bluebolt

After the initial 2-3 episodes, I'm not finding anything extraordinary from the episodes apart from Jennifers performance which is the only thing living up to expectation😕

Both Arjun and saanjh character are irritating & going OTT at times. Saanjh running behind Arjun every minute, Arjuns unprofessional behaviour, its just getting repetitive.

When its a finite series u expect a little more momentum. Till now some of the same things repeated are -

Arjun's confusing signal to his Mom, no clue abt its reason😕
Arjun doing something stupid, Maya firing him, then taking him back (Why is she still tolerating him, is he so much extraordinarily talented)😕 Same type Maya - arjun scenes.
Saanjh malkani forced comedy scenes🥱
Maya getting scared of her dad (no clue whether he is dead or alive)

Even if u miss an episode, u don't feel anything missing. I do feel they need to work on making it more gripping, like giving it a thriller feel, otherwise people won't stick with show for long. Now its neither a romantic series nor a thriller series. First 2 -3 weeks are very crucial, but the quality of first 2 -3 episode is not seen in the rest. Waiting for next week, may be some progress will happen.

But Jenny is just awesome, she is the only extraordinary fator in this show so far👍🏼

i agree with u man...they need to work hard on it..but we have to give it up to the producers and the directors to come up with something different on indian television..indians are not used to the idea of making or watching shows with these kind of themes...we have to give it time..hope it picks up the pace and get thrilling like the makers have promised us
buddyhere thumbnail

Originally posted by: SIDMA4EVER

Absolutely agreed. Jen performance is the only thing which glued us otherwise it is a very mediocre serial

sorry dude but i actually dont agree with u..not totally but kinda...i mean we have seen what a mediocre serial is ..on indian television, it can have a character like arjun or saanjh but no mediocre serial can have a character like maya or a theme of obssessive love of a woman...i do agree the makers have a long way to go..but u have to agree that it's a start of something different on indian tv