Breaking Stereotypes : Beyhadh

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Hello folks! I'm completely new here, just visited this place today. Marathoned all the Epis till date. And its freaking gorgeous and adventurous to see this witty Serial!
Things that stand out for me :

- The Tigress FL : Maya is no less than a fierce tigress who prowls at her opponents. That Cameraman truly described it - her one roar is enough to silence the most smartest and wittiest of Men. Her dressing style is sharp and to the point. No to forget that EyeShade swag <3

- The Flamboyant ML : I'd heard a lot about Kushal being full of attitude onscreen and its all come out so well. The fresh flamboyance that he brings is droolworthy. The perfect counter to the Fierce Female, I'm sure these both will set the TV screens on fire. Cannot wait for more of clashes and romance there!

- Cute Saanjh : The much needed relief between the clashes, she's full of energy and so enthusiastic. Matured and simple, I really liked her character shape. Her innocence reminds me of someone special , another FL of a previous Sony Show. Thumbs up there.
A symbolism : When Maya's scarf falls over His face, he stumbles on the road. And then Saanjh removes it. But he doesn't throw it, keeps it with him. May fore board this thought that Saanjh will bring him out of Maya's clutches but still, she'll be close to him.

- The Set Up : The way the story is set, its bound to rock. Maya , though a sharp lady on the professional front is emotionally shattered. Her father symbolises terror and she's emotionally unstable owing to extreme relationships. That's the whole thing about - going overboard and breaking limits. The contradiction to her character is very well planned, I'm waiting for Arjun to face this split facade.

All in all, its a great story with a great cast. A fresh change, much needed. Absolutely loving it <3
I read a prediction here by someone that Maya's parents are dead and she's imagining them. Quite plausible! I'm thinking on the same grounds.

Hoping for a rollercoaster journey, onscreen as well as making great friends here.

Cheers,
Mahi.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EshaalYousufzai thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Mahi..
Awesome post and perfectly to the point. I totally agree with you. All three characters tied with one another has different characteristic type..

But for me, Maya surpassed everything else. I've never seen any character like hers before in tv arena. She has shades of grey which stands with striking contrast of others FLs we are used to see which is the real attraction of the show..

All in all I am not liking it but loving it..

Regards,
Eshaal...
Edited by EshaalYousufzai - 8 years ago
Mannmohanaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: EshaalYousufzai

Hey Mahi..

Awesome post and perfectly to the point. I totally agree with you. All three characters tied with one another has different characteristic type..

But for me, Maya surpassed everything else. I've never seen any character like hers before in tv arena. She has shades of grey which stands with striking contrast of others FLs we are used to see which is the real attraction of the show..

All in all I am not liking it but loving it..

Regards,
Eshaal...

Hey Eeshal!

Yeah yeah. The Grey quotient and thrill element has me hooked. Gone are the days of Mahaan white washed FLs.

Zaalima_5 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
welcome dear.. lovely post.. and agree with you. i m interestd in maya's char.. jenny is just phenonenal here.. never seen before look.. hats off to her.
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Thanks!
And Jennifer is fabulous <3
The Deadly Beauty ☺️
TheLadyMcQueer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Yes!
Mahi Di, I totally agree with you here.

Here Behad is actually breaking out the stereotypes!

Makers here balance the element of seriousness and cuteness together with the tadka of some thrilling and some comic scenes.

It's totally fresh to Indian Industry!

All the leads with the supporting cast is playing all awesome👏

Why not mention out the direction and editing?
It was fabulous!⭐️
I love the long one shoot scenes in it.

The CVs are taking much care of sets and dressing.

Mehnat Dikhti Hai!

At last I will conclude by a saying from a great person whom you know very well - "Always keep your expectations low!"
Because - "Kaun jaane zindagi mein aisa kya ho...!"😆

Bye for Now!
The.Targaryen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Mahi

Yes Definitely breaking some stereotypes. Quite different Female lead. I say this after seeing yesterday's episode - where Maya takes the picture and puts it in the blender. Her smile shows the satisfaction clearly. Very well captured.
Also Kushal hasn't been able to impress me as such but he emotes really well in the scenes regarding his mom. Anger suits his look better but I like his funny side as well😛.

Saanjh is one character whose graph can be completely different with time. They can turn her evil that is she can be against Maya or with Arjun. Both scenarios are completely different. So cannot comment on it. Have to wait for that

Welcome to the forum.

Sanica
Mannmohanaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: AbhilashaM

Yes!

Mahi Di, I totally agree with you here.

Here Behad is actually breaking out the stereotypes!

Makers here balance the element of seriousness and cuteness together with the tadka of some thrilling and some comic scenes.

It's totally fresh to Indian Industry!

All the leads with the supporting cast is playing all awesome👏

Why not mention out the direction and editing?
It was fabulous!⭐️
I love the long one shoot scenes in it.

The CVs are taking much care of sets and dressing.

Mehnat Dikhti Hai!

At last I will conclude by a saying from a great person whom you know very well - "Always keep your expectations low!"
Because - "Kaun jaane zindagi mein aisa kya ho...!"😆

Bye for Now!

Abhi!
Yup, that's true.
Oh my my, how can I forget it?
*Expectations & Emotions are to be kept LOW*😆
mistofshadows thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Holla Mahi!

This show is bound to rock.
Maya's character is in itself a revolution and the twists and turns would definitely be a journey for all of us.

Cheers!
Niki
Mannmohanaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: Impetuous.

@Mahi

Yes Definitely breaking some stereotypes. Quite different Female lead. I say this after seeing yesterday's episode - where Maya takes the picture and puts it in the blender. Her smile shows the satisfaction clearly. Very well captured.
Also Kushal hasn't been able to impress me as such but he emotes really well in the scenes regarding his mom. Anger suits his look better but I like his funny side as well😛.

Saanjh is one character whose graph can be completely different with time. They can turn her evil that is she can be against Maya or with Arjun. Both scenarios are completely different. So cannot comment on it. Have to wait for that

Welcome to the forum.

Sanica

Hello Sanica!
Well said! I think Kushal has further potential which is yet to unfold.
Gut feeling - I don't think Saanjh will get negative. Otherwise she wouldn't be sweet. And two devilish Females : not happening 😳