Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MrsAkyurek thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Katori

Love Dexter. 😆 But then he is killing scums mostly. I don't think Maya is going the vigilante route.

I don't really know the clinical differences between sociopath/psychopath so found this on google.

Based on this - Maya seems like a cross-breed of psycho/socio paths

I mentioned Dexter since you'd wondered how would you as a viewer be able to relate to a protagonist whose moral compass could be iffy. It was not meant to be taken literally lol.

Anyway, right now, the brief says she's a sociopath (a high functioning one). Let's see if they unravel much more! I am kinda not pleased with the writing of the other characters and the show in general. So I don't have much faith in them to handle her character trajectory well.
Edited by .Veritaserum - 8 years ago
whitewitch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: .Veritaserum

I mentioned Dexter since you'd wondered how would you as a viewer be able to relate to a protagonist whose moral compass could be iffy. It was not meant to be taken literally lol.

Anyway, right now, the brief says she's a sociopath (a high functioning one). Let's see if they unravel much more! I am kinda not pleased with the writing of the other characters and the show in general. So I don't have much faith in them to handle her character trajectory well.

in red . Exactly
Arjun is shown over ambitious . Will he stand by Maya after knowing her truth or just abandon her.

Or Sanjh show her best friend that Maya is bad for him
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
The scene you explained was a beautiful one. Maya's hatred really came to fore in that scene. Coming to coldness. Maya's interactions are mostly formal with no feelings. I loved the way she tells come with final presentation tomorrow after Arjun gives the initial presentation. No appreciation, no show of any positive emotion. Just a command.
It shows the control Maya wants. Somewhere her childhood or rather her father has killed the emotions in the girl as a child. Hopefully we will get to see her past.
kavitha_r thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Katori

Agree - since this is new type of character on TV, they need to explore is carefully.

She is already a psychopath - the audience is going to learn slowly what made her like this and to what extent she can go if she is crossed.

The viewers are waiting for this flashback. What made her like that?
whitewitch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: CandaceFlynn

I used to watch 'Anamika'.I want Maya as 1st female lead not as a vamp.Then what will be the difference between Beyhadh and other shows.Waiting for flashbacks of Maya's past life.

Hope they stick to content not to bend before TRP aunties
ShikhaAgrawal thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
There two emotions will be going hand in hand