Is it just me, or it was all a hallucination?

rope_and_anchor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Did anyone else feel that the whole Maya going into her mom's room and then coming out of it and closing the door part sort of... dream-like? It could probably be the theories from the other day doing my head in lmao, but I don't think so. Maya hearing something which makes her decide to go check on her mom when the entire place was eerily silent, the lighting used when the hallway was shown, the camera transitions used when that mirror showed both of their reflections, Maya closing that enormous door after she was done with the whole ordeal, then going back to the kitchen, the whole blending part and her sitting back and smiling at it. It was all almost like in a trance.

I think... once her condition is revealed, if there is a condition at all, that is, we will see all these scenes being played again with just Maya in them. As in, no one in the bed, but she is still doing all the talking and the tucking in and so on. Tbh, it will be a masterstroke if they do that.
Edited by rope_and_anchor - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SRKian thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Nw dat u mentioed,its quite likely! 😳 her celebrating her bday alone in da promo makes sense nw.
Damn it I wish I could post caps to show what I meant. The lighting used for the hallway was very dreamy, contrasting the stark white of the scene just before that. And there was a sudden camera transition both when she entered the room, and then when her mom was shown and they shifted the focus to the mirror. Unfortunately I can't post caps right now. 😆
Morana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Even I feel some thing extremely odd and strange and eerie about every thing whenever Maya is shown interacting with her mom..
Let's think realistically . Why didn't Maya had a governess or nurse to look after her mentally challenged and potentially self harming and partly unhinged mother ?? What if she comes back one day from the office and find her mother lying dead on the floor , either due to some illness , like stroke or accident , or due to some self harm attempt ??
What if her psycho dad comes in her absence and tortures her already extremely vulnerable mother in her absence ??
As a guard against all such possibilities , it's a must for her to hire a maid or attendant who'd always inform her about her mom's state and help her mom if needed .
There's no maid to be seen in the house , when Maya is so filthy rich.
hmm... daal mein kuch to kala hain..
lovefk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I don't think these writers are equiped with enough creativity brain or logic to deal with this kind of a plot about her hallucinating everything so id rather they not touch this topic at all...tv serials consider medical science as the biggest joke ever mental health is something even more complex I think they'll create a crapfest !!! Though your idea is a very interesting one
@Lady_Macbeth Yuup. There definitely is something fishy.

@lovefk I know. It's a bit too easy to mess up when you take up a plot like that, and it's highly improbable that they will. But, one can dream, right? 😆
Edited by rope_and_anchor - 8 years ago
NAUCholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Agreed with Lady McBeth. And the only way to justify it is that Maya has been hallucinating. I hope it turns out that way. But then, @LoveFK has a point. A big one. Indian writers don't really think that much and if they do,it becomes a crapfest.
manancraze thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
U have a point dear...but one thing I noticed that now a days Indian writers r becoming creative... Though such number is very low...
But behad seems promising... Let's see what happens...
annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This is getting scary. 😳
Although, I do still think its unlikely that the writers will go this way like I said on the other thread. Requoting below for reference.

Originally posted by: rope_and_anchor

Wait, I have two perfect examples for this. One is Karthik Calling Karthik, where Karthik does all these actions which he remembers nothing of later on, and is convinced that it is someone else. Second is, The Blacklist Season 3 Episode 19. He does not have Schizophrenia, but he was under the influence of opium the previous day, and has just suffered an emotional blow making him lose touch with reality, and he hallucinates so many things happening, so many people around him, interacts with all of them, and later finds out that it was all his own doing. It's a really cool episode. Watch it if you can, or read the recap online.

Originally posted by: mangoLUV

A person who suffers from schizophrenia can actually have a person around them living them 24/7 seeming to be real to them. And they don't need to be 'hallucination or dream like', it could feel or be very normal. Something like in the film a 'A beautiful mind'. So her mother coming to console her still comes into that bracket.

And Maya is not hallucinating about her actions. For example if a schizophrenic is given instruction by someone who is imaginary they sometimes take actions can be hazardous. So maya did grind the photo that is not her imagination.

I don't know if this is the twist and don't advocate it and just taking a guess.

And the servants may be there but when they are never around her mother and even if they are we don't see any interaction between them and the mother.(So the audience don't suspect, and the waiters servant also can't see the people that Maya sees around) It's difficult for me to explain in writing bu if you have watched the beautiful mind or 'The uninvited' you would know what i am talking about. Both the films have scenes where the audiences are made to believe that those imaginary characters are real till in the end we know they are not and they have very normal instances with these imaginary character not necessarily a very paranoid behaviour or wild hallucination.

Originally posted by: .annihilation.

^^Thank you both of you for enlightening me and explaining yourself with the best examples you could offer. Now, I'm not (and haven't been) trying to disregard the arguments put forth by you two or disregard the condtions of a schizophrenic patient or episodes they experience. I agree that this theory does make sense and could stand true in Maya's case. It'd make the show twice as interesting if it turns out to be the case.However, given that no other show on Indian tv has dealt with a genre or plot like this one previously, I don't think the writers would want to take too many risks, atleast not at this stage. It could be biting off more than they can chew 'cause the more the complex the show is, the tougher is its execution.

But I must admit, the theories discussed in that thread and yours in this one are intriguing and highly tempting. It'd be one hell of a masterstroke if this theory actually turns out to be the case.

I had this weird and odd feeling washed all over me too. All the points you pointed out do seem stand out if one watches and observes the episode closely. Somehow, conspicuous absence of staff/people at Maya's house is getting increasingly difficult to ignore. 😳
Edited by .annihilation. - 8 years ago
MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I was thinking the same while watching the show but I guess it's because of the other topic where we were discussing about her parents being dead. I think that will also explain that she has taken care of the enterprise at such young age without interfering of her father... if it's a family business of course.