Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Doomandgloom thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: MuguetDScorpion

Very interesting topic.

You are absolutely right anyone can help you. It doesn't have to be your lover all the time. I think Maya and Saanjh's friendship could be really interesting to watch but I think nothing like this will happen and Maya will feel insecure with Saanjh as Arjun's best friend. πŸ˜•

I think Maya is just like any other boss. She is focused on her work and she wants the same from all her employes. She is a nice person but just a little too strict which is not good for the environment at office. So I think that's why Arjun is trying to act cool. Knowing that such people actually exist. Some people have talent but can't go far because of their egos and narcissism. Some people like to be the boss not have a boss. I am one of them. πŸ˜† So I understand him. But what I am not liking is that Kushal is not up to the mark for the role. πŸ˜• All the scenes look exaggerated.

Ah, well, I could go on and on about Ma-anjh's wasted potential, but it's sadly not gonna change the plot of the show.
As for Maya's office working environment, it differs from place to place. Every workplace has a different feel to it. The employee can choose to work where they want. If they do not have a lot of options, well, they just have to compromise. It's the way of the world. I'm not particularly fond of people who purposely disrupt the structure of a workplace just to suit their needs. Not to mention that he is in absolutely no position to do so. She is his boss, not the other way round. He instigated violence at her workplace. He misplaced a whole line of costumes. He trapped her in a lift. What gives him the right to think he can "get back at her" for firing him. She didn't fire him for an unreasonable thing. She fired him because he damn well deserved to be fired for misbehaving and breaking the rules on the 2nd day of his work. Yes, he may be a talented photographer but he is certainly not worth the trouble. I understand that there are some people who are not too fond of being ordered around. But then they should not choose to work in such controlled environments in the first place. They can look for a company that has a more flexible working environment or try some entrepreneurial venture. What Arjun is doing is purely out of spite and no matter what I cannot condone his behaviour.
Doomandgloom thumbnail

Originally posted by: IdioTinTin.

I was so happy to see a powerful, dominant female shown in Indian TV who's selfmade ans not living on her father's money (I suppose as to what I saw) and is not only being prepared go be a good bahu in her in-laws

And that's what caught my intention

Honestly, all other scenes annoyed me. Though I find Saanjh's family so cute and lovely, I was enjoying Maya and will watch the show not to see another love story on Indian TV but to see Maya's character development and the unlyering of her character which I really hope CVs handle well because I know once a show focuses on trps, it's never getting a good plot or not handling the plot well and the writing becomes all boring and stupid

I want CVs to handle Maya's past with care and unfold it in a good manner and I really really hope they won't drag everything for trps and the eternity of the show
I won't expect much but I hope they won't neglect Maya's layered character and change it drastically to a negative or highly positive one because they will focus too much on their love story and love triangle which I am not at all interested inπŸ₯±

And am very well aware about the enemity of women in Indian TV, that's one of the reasons I don't watch Indian shows

IPK and Beyhadh are exceptions

Btw, am also a huge Merlin fan πŸ€— the memories and tears are back again seeing your dp 😭

Character assassination is an age-old ritual in indian telly and I won't be surprised if it were to happen to Maya as well. Although I am holding out a little hope cause they were able to create such a gripping character in the first place.
Childhood abuse by a parent is a very sensitive topic, and most shows never handle it correctly. Even if they do show it, they never show its psychological effects, which mostly stick with a person till their adulthood. Like I said, it's a very tentative topic but they have done a very good job of showing it so far. I can only hope they stick to it.

And yay another Merlin fan *high-five* Morgana Pendragon is my one true love. And Mergana is my OTP5ever.
IdioTinTin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Doomandgloom

Ah, well, I could go on and on about Ma-anjh's wasted potential, but it's sadly not gonna change the plot of the show.
As for Maya's office working environment, it differs from place to place. Every workplace has a different feel to it. The employee can choose to work where they want. If they do not have a lot of options, well, they just have to compromise. It's the way of the world. I'm not particularly fond of people who purposely disrupt the structure of a workplace just to suit their needs. Not to mention that he is in absolutely no position to do so. She is his boss, not the other way round. He instigated violence at her workplace. He misplaced a whole line of costumes. He trapped her in a lift. What gives him the right to think he can "get back at her" for firing him. She didn't fire him for an unreasonable thing. She fired him because he damn well deserved to be fired for misbehaving and breaking the rules on the 2nd day of his work. Yes, he may be a talented photographer but he is certainly not worth the trouble. I understand that there are some people who are not too fond of being ordered around. But then they should not choose to work in such controlled environments in the first place. They can look for a company that has a more flexible working environment or try some entrepreneurial venture. What Arjun is doing is purely out of spite and no matter what I cannot condone his behaviour.

Arjun is actually a douchbag considering what play he's pulling up with her who's doing nothing but trying to control her company and keep it's rules and regulations in tact while Arjun is acting like a child who isn't happy with his life and has changed 6 workplaces in 6 months (I think that's what she said)
IdioTinTin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Character assassination is an age-old ritual in indian telly and I won't be surprised if it were to happen to Maya as well. Although I am holding out a little hope cause they were able to create such a gripping character in the first place.
Childhood abuse by a parent is a very sensitive topic, and most shows never handle it correctly. Even if they do show it, they never show its psychological effects, which mostly stick with a person till their adulthood. Like I said, it's a very tentative topic but they have done a very good job of showing it so far. I can only hope they stick to it.

And yay another Merlin fan *high-five* Morgana Pendragon is my one true love. And Mergana is my OTP5ever.

The bold line - I meant interest, not intention πŸ˜† bloody autocorrect

Well, on first line I've never even seen any such topic in Indian shows and if, then those kids become killers, are villains or whatever but defenitely they have no psychological after effects as per to Indian writers

I feel the psychological condition of characters is not taken setiously at all in India, be it any kind of abuse, depression, stress, disorders and of course, postpartum depression

Am so happy to see any Merlin fan here in I-F *high five back*

1. Merlin 2. Arthur 3. Morgana πŸ˜†

God, I cried so much at the last episode when Arthur died and. That was my second time. First time I cried when Lancelot died second time, his shade acrually and Merlin made him have a proper funeral
MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

What you are saying is not wrong. You have the choice not to work instead of troubling your boss and colleagues. I am taking him as a troublemaker. He does mistakes and then tries to impress her so that he gets his job back. He is the kind of guy who doesn't know what he wants in his life. He didn't finish his studies. Changed completely the field. Never stays at the same job for long. Even this job he is doing it because of Saanjh. He dreams high but he is not motivated enough to achieve them. I am like him so I understand him and I know people like him exist. Maya could also fire him. Why give chance to a guy who keeps doing mistakes. So both have the choice to stop working with each other but still they are not ready to stay away from each other.
Doomandgloom thumbnail

Originally posted by: IdioTinTin.

The bold line - I meant interest, not intention πŸ˜† bloody autocorrect

Well, on first line I've never even seen any such topic in Indian shows and if, then those kids become killers, are villains or whatever but defenitely they have no psychological after effects as per to Indian writers

I feel the psychological condition of characters is not taken setiously at all in India, be it any kind of abuse, depression, stress, disorders and of course, postpartum depression

Am so happy to see any Merlin fan here in I-F *high five back*

1. Merlin 2. Arthur 3. Morgana πŸ˜†

God, I cried so much at the last episode when Arthur died and. That was my second time. First time I cried when Lancelot died second time, his shade acrually and Merlin made him have a proper funeral

Agree with you about the portrayal of mental conditions on indian tv.

And, well, the only times I've ever cried on Merlin have always had to do with Morgana in some way. First time I cried when Merlin poisoned her, cried a bit in s4, I cried through pretty much whatever little s5 I forced myself to watch (I skipped a good portion of that season) and yes, I was a blubbering mess when she died but also kind of relieved because she deserved peace. She had become a hollow shell of a person already by then, and she was completely miserable from within. And Arthur, well. I was sad about his death even though I kind of knew it was gonna happen. I'm not very fond of the show as a whole because there were a LOT of things they could've done better. Also, I'll be forever bitter about the way they handled Morgana's character arc.
Minionite thumbnail
Hi,

A great post. And here are my thoughts so far based on this first week.

I don't watch dailies because I hate saas-bahu dramas. I usually just watch unique, finite series because they actually have a good plot, have a set story, and are thoughtful and deep. Beyadh intrigued me from the promos and because it's the first time (like you said) that there will be an obsessive homicidal female lead on TV.

Maya - I agree with you on this. She's not unreasonable in her demands. She wants people to be professional, arrive on time, do their work, and be ethical in their work. She fired the watchman and secretary who were willing to take money or look the other way in an unethical way. Yet I'm waiting to see her homicidal tendencies and her uncontrolled love for Arjun. Already her homicidal tendencies can be seen in her anger towards her father, yet at the same time when he comes in front of her she is scared. I'm looking forward to seeing her back story. It's bound to be interesting.

Saanjh - Bubbly, smart, and a true best friend. I love how the CVs showed Saanjh and Arjun as childhood best friends and that both love each other and though Saanjh knows it, she refuses to accept it. She is professional, intelligent, and understands people, like she understood Maya even without knowing her. And I like that she is independent and lives in a loving environment.

Arjun - He's overconfident, egotistic, and a typical male chauvinist. For him Maya is in the wrong place and must be shown her place. At the same time he thinks that he is an amazing person and deserves the job he has gotten. Yet at the same time he is also a great best friend. He may not realize it now, but he loves Saanjh and I'm guessing that when he realizes that Maya's love is pagalpan and Saanjh is still by his side, then he'll realize it. He'll also do anything for his best friend, like when he beat up that model for misbehaving with Saanjh. I'm wondering what his story is with his mother.

I'm looking forward to the next few episodes for sure. Hopefully it won't disappoint and the story will not get sidetracked.
Anmol333 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Totally agree with you..
Whenever Maya come on screen each and everything go behind her we are not able to see anything else just because of brilliance acting performance.. Loved Jennifer

This point is indeed very interesting.. Why all the time a girl need boy to come out from her dark past anyone can help her either be a girl or may any old person.. Saanjh can also help Maya to come out her dark past.. And this will be very interesting but else Maya will always feel insecure around her as she is best friend of Arjun..

I don't like Arjun at all.. I think cast team had taken wrong decision of casting KT.. He is trying to best but.. He always went unnoticed.. But he look good with jenni..
Anmol333 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@ KS_Minion : I agree with you all point you say is absolutely right.. Arjun I think the same.. He also love saanjh but he didn't realize it but he will when Maya become a obsessive lover of him and when he see different between Maya and saanjh love..
suchismita234 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I love jennifer and she is brilliant as maya..The only reason they have made sanjh contrast to maya's character..is to show what true love means..and the main reason why arjun and maya are together is because they both are damaged..They have family issues..They both are ambitious..it's the similar trait which makes arjun fall for maya..coz sanjh is simple girl with simple dreams..For a guy over ambitious he needs maya..A girl who can show him reality! so I think that's why they made a character like arjun!