Why did Maya hire him?

KazBrekker thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi there,
I am Lubeeda and first post here. Okay so just watched today's episode and have to say it was very interesting, but what intrigued me most was why did Maya hire him?

I don't know for you guys but i felt the reason for Maya appointing Arjun is not because he saw that empty shell of a girl on her balcony. By the look of Maya, she knew exactly that it was her in that picture, and he kept going on about the deep emotional struggle that girl probably is facing. Think about it, what have we learnt about Maya so far? She's someone who comes off as a hard personality who wouldn't let anyone break her or see through her. She wants to be strong in front of the world not letting anyone even doubt that she fears something at all, or is broken from the inside. Then how would she let a stranger work alongside her who saw her for who she was even if unknowingly?

I think Maya has something cooking up in her brains...she is interested in him and wants to find out more about what he actually is. Remember she doesn't like her rules to be broken, she wants everything professional and wants all to serve her like she wants to, yet she broke her own rules for this stranger named Arjun. Overlooked the parking thing; Overlooked him being late to his interview; overlooked the way he talked to her in her own office; overlooked the fact he kinda forced his own interview to happen with her.

We all know its a dark love story, and I just feel there is more to Maya than her being shit scared of her father and her turing into an obsessive lover. She's a grey shaded character..meaning she'll do stuff which is just plain bad for her own agenda..not sure if that agenda would always be love though.

Just my take on that scene, please do share your own too. Would love to read what others think.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CurryMonsta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I think Maya hired Arjun because she was intrigued by him. She hired him for that picture he took of her on the balcony and for defining her so well. I really hope maya wasn't physically abused or worst by her step father.
KazBrekker thumbnail

Originally posted by: CurryMonsta

I think Maya hired Arjun because she was intrigued by him. She hired him for that picture he took of her on the balcony and for defining her so well. I really hope maya wasn't physically abused or worst by her step father.

Yep defiantly intrigued by him, but i think theres more to him being able to define her well. Wouldn't one feel threatened if a random person was able to see through the walls they have built around themselves?

As for abusing her, it seems likely but then i think it might be more emotional trauma she has suffered due to her father or step father..not sure yet. She was obviously scared of him and he enjoyed seeing that, so straight up that man is a very crooked man. Maybe he abused someone else and she had to watch? That too can mess up a person very deep...or just broke her through scaring threats and dominating over her. She's weak in front of him and he enjoys how he has this control and power over her. Maybe this is why she becomes this abusive obsessed lover? She has grown up watching him and being frightened of him, but whatever a parent does, the child learns from that and unknowingly has some or many similar qualities to their parent or guardian.
BaAZiGar0 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Most Comments (February 2022) 1 Thumbnail + 9
he said some things that touched her soul. he said things probably no one has ever had the guts to say to her.
CurryMonsta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mentally-Insane

Yep defiantly intrigued by him, but i think theres more to him being able to define her well. Wouldn't one feel threatened if a random person was able to see through the walls they have built around themselves?

As for abusing her, it seems likely but then i think it might be more emotional trauma she has suffered due to her father or step father..not sure yet. She was obviously scared of him and he enjoyed seeing that, so straight up that man is a very crooked man. Maybe he abused someone else and she had to watch? That too can mess up a person very deep...or just broke her through scaring threats and dominating over her. She's weak in front of him and he enjoys how he has this control and power over her. Maybe this is why she becomes this abusive obsessed lover? She has grown up watching him and being frightened of him, but whatever a parent does, the child learns from that and unknowingly has some or many similar qualities to their parent or guardian.

You're right she had a very traumatic childhood, she used all of the pent up anger, fear and hate and channels it in in a positive manner in her career. Everyday she wears a mask of confidence, dominance, control and power to work. Maya wants to be seen as a force not to be reckoned with. At night when she comes home her mask falls off when she sees her mother waiting for a man that clearly is no good for her. She becames that same vulnerable little girl when she meets her father, whom scares the living hell out of her. She wants absolute and total control of her professional life to make up for the lack of control she has in her personal life. In the future when she gets into a relationship with Arjun she would want to be the person who wears the proverbial pants in the relationship. She has only seen dysfunctional relationships between her parents so she seems to believe that there is a dominant party and there is a submissive person.
KazBrekker thumbnail

Originally posted by: BaAZiGar0

he said some things that touched her soul. he said things probably no one has ever had the guts to say to her.

So is it possible that she thinks of him as some kind of challenge maybe? He had the guts to say that to her, so maybe she wants him to know who's the more powerful and dominant one between them two?
KazBrekker thumbnail

Originally posted by: CurryMonsta

You're right she had a very traumatic childhood, she used all of the pent up anger, fear and hate and channels it in in a positive manner in her career. Everyday she wears a mask of confidence, dominance, control and power to work. Maya wants to be seen as a force not to be reckoned with. At night when she comes home her mask falls off when she sees her mother waiting for a man that clearly is no good for her. She becames that same vulnerable little girl when she meets her father, whom scares the living hell out of her. She wants absolute and total control of her professional life to make up for the lack of control she has in her personal life. In the future when she gets into a relationship with Arjun she would want to be the person who wears the proverbial pants in the relationship. She has only seen dysfunctional relationships between her parents so she seems to believe that there is a dominant party and there is a submissive person.

Indeed. From whatever her childhood has taught her, it would be that the dominant one is the one who takes the pleasure, is the one who controls everything and the one who you cannot go against or overpower easily. To her, her father seems unbreakable, and she's the broken one. So whenever their relationships kicks off, she would make it a point to be the one who has everything in control and that does not only include Arjun..she would want all the people connected to him to take a step back from her 'possession'.
Zaalima_5 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i think she hired him because of his ability.. even if she is khadoos.. she values talent.. just now i saw promo.. she clearly said in which she clearly mentioned.. "galti chalegi.. par be-imaani nahi.." so arjun was wrong.. he came late for the interview.. but the main fault was secretary's.. we say stop corruption.. arey jab loge nahi toh dega kaun..πŸ˜†
so it think.. arjun was wrong.. but secretary was be-imaan..πŸ˜†
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Honestly, I wasn't convinced the way Maya hired him.
He was hired coz story has to move onπŸ˜†
KazBrekker thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ranbirrocks

Honestly, I wasn't convinced the way Maya hired him.

He was hired coz story has to move onπŸ˜†

Honestly if that's the case I'd be disappointed..
Maya is supposed to be a complex character for which I believe many r even watching the show to begin with and if she's just hiring him like that then meh