Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
At this point, my reason for watching this show is the "Grey and almost psycho style controlling" female lead.

NEVER on an Indian TV show (which I have now watched for 5 years), have I encountered such a woman. Not as a lead. There is something very mysterious about Maya. I also LOVE her monochromatic wardrobe. Personally, I too have a lot of black and whites in my wardrobe. (So I am loving her style). Jenny looks the part and she has not smiled once since the show started. Only a slight smile towards her Mum. She is a strange, weird and seemingly cold female. Is a Lord Ganesh devotee and loves to control everything. I think this is because as a child she may have not had control over what happened to her. (Because of her Father. I think he is abusive).

For this "Bold" step of showing a woman who is not some sacrificial Devi type, destitute female, or some doormat woman always giving into the male lead, or a chui mui type character, I am loving it. I seriously hope they don't ruin this Golden opportunity and explore this character to the maximum. Jennifer was clearly an excellent choice and I am happy they got someone of her experience and calibre for this role. Though her role is complex, she is justifying it so far!
Edited by MrDarcyfan - 8 years ago
obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

At this point, my reason for watching this show is the "Grey and almost psycho style controlling" female lead.

NEVER on an Indian TV show (which I have now watched for 5 years), have I encountered such a woman. Not as a lead. There is something very mysterious about Maya. I also LOVE her monochromatic wardrobe. Personally, I too have a lot of black and whites in my wardrobe. (So I am loving her style). Jenny looks the part and she has not smiled once since the show started. Only a slight smile towards her Mum. She is a strange, weird and seemingly cold female. Is a Lord Ganesh devotee and loves to control everything. I think this is because as a child she may have not had control over what happened to her. (Because of her Father. I think he is abusive).

For this "Bold" step of showing a woman who is not some sacrificial Devi type, destitutefemale, or some doormat woman always giving into the male lead, or a chui mui type character, I am loving it. I seriously hope they don't ruin this Golden opportunity and explore this character to the maximum. Jennifer was clearly an excellent choice and I am happy they got someone of her experience and calibre for this role. Though her role is complex, she is justifying it so far!

lol I too love black and white dresses so my wardrobe is full with it .Yeah I too love Maya way of dressing and style and Jen look awesome in it Man she is ageing backward .I m tired of seeing Mahan sati saviteri types of female leads and Maya is like a fresh breath of air.Jenny simply chose best for what a way to come back on screen hope Maya character remain good till end .
obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: S.Stephy

I agree it's good to see a female character with her own background, past, issues and hence the flaws that result from that. Mostly, it's the male characters that have these past issues and hence be grey; the female leads if they have any such issues, it is usually glossed over to show them falling in love. So it's a nice change to have the entire story focussed from the female character's issues.

yep infact bug change where focus on female lead issues rather than male character.