Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SophiTots thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Oh def...

Usually it's the male characters that draw me in (bad boy tropeP but even though Maya isnt a bad girl as per se, i like that she is gonna be more than a 1 dimensional character. Tht's pretty rare for leading female roles in the desi telly world
lovefk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I just hope they're able to do justice to Maya and this does not become another sobfest or a crapfest with the typical same old same old storyline
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I loved her character so far. I don't like the good girls of indian tv, not that there is anything wrong with them but they are literally all the same. The good, sanskari girl who wants to do well for everyone, the Saanch type character. Not everyone is that chirpy.
It's refreshing to see a depressed, cold woman who most likely has a terrible backstory.

Jen looks great. It has only been two episodes but I love her white outfits. Very stylish. I hope the show keeps it up.
annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: rope_and_anchor

When they said grey shades, I did not expect a proper badass female character, well-etched and solidly presented. She isn't a villain for a villain's sake, she isn't a heroine for a heroine's sake. There are reasons for every single thing about her, and I for one, am loving it.

Her abandonment issues, and her (possibly) being abused in the past, as well as her having to support her mom, have all been thrown right in front of the audience in the very first episode, and in full effect. There is no hidden pains and secret pasts.

She is a well-rounded, multifaceted character. Soft and firm, weak and strong, vulnerable and dangerous, all at the same time, but all in the right places. I have fallen in love.

And Jennifer, Welcome Back.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Completely agreed. Maya's definitely a character to watch out for, multi-layered, grey-shaded, intriguing and thought-provoking.
obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Maya is afraid of her father what do you guys is he her step father or real father .I think she has been secually abused by him .The way she is afraid of him it reaaly looks her father is the reason what she is now .It will be interesting to watch how the story unfolds

Originally posted by: Perfangel5655

I loved her character so far. I don't like the good girls of indian tv, not that there is anything wrong with them but they are literally all the same. The good, sanskari girl who wants to do well for everyone, the Saanch type character. Not everyone is that chirpy.

It's refreshing to see a depressed, cold woman who most likely has a terrible backstory.

Jen looks great. It has only been two episodes but I love her white outfits. Very stylish. I hope the show keeps it up.

I also hate mahaan female characters .
Indian tv is full of saas bahu sagas
Maya indeed is fresh breath of air
Jenny is doing superb job.
On Indian tv I like two actress one is jen and other is drashti .And I m happy Jenny is playing Maya.

Originally posted by: Impetuous.

I would like to keep my expectations from this show as low as possible. If they have already planned the serial for the 9 months duration then it will be enjoyable. Or the channel will bow down before the TRP audience.

But yeah, the first episode was pretty good and Maya's character is very different.😳

Trp thing always spoil good story but I hope it doesn't happpen with Beyhadh
beguiling thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheMockingBird

Maya is afraid of her father what do you guys is he her step father or real father .I think she has been secually abused by him .The way she is afraid of him it reaaly looks her father is the reason what she is now .It will be interesting to watch how the story unfolds

I think so too. That she was harassed by her father in her childhood. How terrible is that.

And coming to the post, am loving Maya too but I am not looking forward to seeing her obsessing over Arjun :( That's sadly what the actual premise of the show is.
TheUnique thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yup she is & Jenny is doing a fab job as Maya
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I agree it's good to see a female character with her own background, past, issues and hence the flaws that result from that. Mostly, it's the male characters that have these past issues and hence be grey; the female leads if they have any such issues, it is usually glossed over to show them falling in love. So it's a nice change to have the entire story focussed from the female character's issues.