Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Echo.of.Hope thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
I couldn't agree with you more. The concept is the first reason I am watching this show. Till now I thought Indian TV has an aversion towards gray leads and I'm watching Maya prove me wrong. I hope this goes on. Really love JW in this character.
Lekha
Cookermaichane thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Expressionist (January 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 9
Totally agree
Such a fresh look , concept and character
Maya is strong girl taking care of her mother who is still having hope that her husband
Will return,
Maya character is mix of emotions
Loving it totally
NAUCholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Maya is indeed one of the rarest of TV characters.
She is strong headed, no nonsense, even when she turns this obsessive psycho lover- it is such a rare thing to have a female lead being that. Usually the TV female leads are this adarsh bahus/ betis who don't actually have a professional front. Also, I love she actually shows every less emotions infront of others- usually we have this sweet chui mui type beti or bahus. And she is one strong lady. The boss. Badass. And professionally it is so great that we finally have one place where the female lead it the Boss and the male lead is the carefree guy who comes for the interview. It is usually always the other way around. Loving it. I hope they keep up with this and keep the show this way without changing much and stretching like gum.
Rein123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: najma123

This isn't Man VS Woman. But, I think it is high time we do have a badass lead right?πŸ˜†πŸ˜†Agree with you there. Somehow I am equating Maya as a throwback to ALL the fabulous angry, young, men we have had.πŸ˜‰

If anyone remembers Hitler didi then you'd remember that the main character Indira was also a badass initially just not powerful compared to the men in most shows. But yes I feel seeing a show where the female character is in total control and not helpless is a pleasing change in trend. Yes this is also seen in may I come in madam where the female boss dominates the office and the male leads life to the point that it interferes with his marriage.
Edited by Rein123 - 8 years ago
xsumi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
oh i love Mayas character its so different from what i have seen
there is so many shades in here which i love

IM LOVING THIS SHOW SO FAR ❀️

obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MS-meghasharma

Jennifer played maya to the t . She is simply brilliant

Yep so far jenny did fab job
obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Echo.of.Hope

I couldn't agree with you more. The concept is the first reason I am watching this show. Till now I thought Indian TV has an aversion towards gray leads and I'm watching Maya prove me wrong. I hope this goes on. Really love JW in this character.

Lekha

Unique concept and Maya's different multilayered character is USP of this show so far.
rope_and_anchor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
When they said grey shades, I did not expect a proper badass female character, well-etched and solidly presented. She isn't a villain for a villain's sake, she isn't a heroine for a heroine's sake. There are reasons for every single thing about her, and I for one, am loving it.

Her abandonment issues, and her (possibly) being abused in the past, as well as her having to support her mom, have all been thrown right in front of the audience in the very first episode, and in full effect. There is no hidden pains and secret pasts.

She is a well-rounded, multifaceted character. Soft and firm, weak and strong, vulnerable and dangerous, all at the same time, but all in the right places. I have fallen in love.

And Jennifer, Welcome Back.
The.Targaryen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I would like to keep my expectations from this show as low as possible. If they have already planned the serial for the 9 months duration then it will be enjoyable. Or the channel will bow down before the TRP audience.
But yeah, the first episode was pretty good and Maya's character is very different.😳
Nour7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Her character is new compared to other characters shown in indian serials. As the story unfolds we will get to know the reasons behind her character. And yes jenny looked so cold n sad as Maya.