TOI:Kushal prefers to be TV's big star than random B'town hero

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Kushal Tandon: I'd prefer to be TV's big star than random B'town hero

PTI | Updated: Oct 10, 2016,

Kushal Tandon: I'd prefer to be TV's big star than random B'town hero
His contemporaries like Karan Singh Grover, Barun Sobti, Gurmeet Choudhary, Siddharth Shukla and others from the TV industry have already tried their luck in Bollywood but actorKushal Tandon says he is in no hurry for his silver screen break.

The 31-year-old Indian television heartthrob says he was offered quite a lot movies but the actor rejected them because he wanted to start his Bollywood career with a good script unlike his competitors on the small screen.

"I was getting all erotic roles which have been done by my contemporaries. But I'm happy that I haven't done those movies because I believe in being an A-lister of Indian television instead of doing a Bollywood movie just for the sake of it," Kushal told PTI.

"I want to open my career in films with a bang. I was about to do two movies in the past but due to some creative issues I backed out."

Kushal, who is currently looking forward to the telecast of his new show "Beyhadh" on Sony from October 11, says he is quite happy to be a part of it.

"For me any platform is a platform and the concept of this show is very unique and that's why I'm doing it. My character in the show is very challenging. It's just like Shah Rukh Khan in 'Yes Boss'."

The actor insists he is simultaneously aspiring for the silver screen and that is why he opted for "Beyhadh" at this point of time of his career as the show has limited number of episodes.

"I'm in talking terms with people for films. It will take around one and a half year so till then I'll do 'Beyhadh' as it's a finite show and then may be I can move ahead. It won't take much of my time.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1097025 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Kushal is amazing. Wonderful actor. Keep it up Kushal. 👏😊