Jab We Met parallels

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago
Ok let me just preface this by saying that JWM is possibly one of my most fave Bollywood movies (heck just fave movies in general) I've seen that movie countless times and still smile like an idiot at Aditya-Geet in the ending. Also I haven't seen the episode fully (it hasn't aired here yet in US and I wait to watch it on tv rather than online) so I've only seen bits and parts on the fanclubs on insta and FB😳 and I apoligize for the rambling about to follow.
I think that there is a possibility of them going the JWM route, seeing how they've been inspired by Geet's call-girl scene with Zoya in today's episode. There's been countless topics on Zoya and how stupid we think she is and what not. I won't delve into that, however after seeing the many posters saying that we're misjudging Zoya (and yes I do believe we did yesterday since the precap was shown) the actual scene itself made it seem that Zoya is simply too naive and is too quick to see the good in people, just like Geet was in JWM. Aditya Kashyap was annoyed by Geet and her bubbliness, the same way Aditya Hooda is annoyed by Zoya Siddiqui/Arora's innocence. Aditya Hooda will learn to love life the same way Aditya Kashyap learned to love his and inject Geet's infectious energy into everything. Aditya Hooda will be asking "what would Zoya do?" when faced with a challenge and then do things that way. Aditya will fall for Zoya's innocence, her inherent goodness, the quirky mannerisms (if going by the first episode) the same way Adi Kashyap fell for Geet.

But just like Geet, the innocent Zoya will vanish after she discovers that Yash has cheated, I firmly stand with the fact that he cheated, he just has to in order for Zoya to grow as a person. Geet went through such a transformation and self-realization of how naive and bubbly really was and then coming to terms that yeah life isn't all sunshine and roses and life is effed up and you will be down in the dumps and people who you loved will betray you and let you down. Zoya will go through a similar experience when she discovers that Yash cheated, her very faith in love will be shattered and this is where Aditya Hooda will help her. It goes back to the church scene in the 1st week, she will be the light in his life and he will be there in her darkness to help her.

I really hope that if they do go about the JWM route, they do it justice

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago
^ desi tv itself is a khichdi of Bollywood movies anyways.

But yeah so far they've done a good job of showing us these characters, I hope their journey will be shown wonderfully too.